Rayonier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rayonier Interview Questions

3.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Rayonier

Engineering Interview

Interview

Individually interviewed by a series of different employees. It took most of day. Prospective boss, his boss, peers, reports. Lasted most of day. Not too difficult. People were nice. Lunch was fun.

Safety Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Rayonier.

Interview

Mostly starts with a recruiter. There is a phone interview with the recruiter, then with the HR Manager and the hiring Manager. If you go to the plant, you will interview with a group. There are set questions they are given to ask. Everyone gives their imput afterwards. I've participated on both sides interviewer and interviewee.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall a specific question; however, I do remember how nervous I was at having 6 or 7 people in the room.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I went through the recruiter who was extremely helpful. He asked me what was most important which for me was vacation time, so we asked for 4 weeks and settled on 3.

Various Interview

Interview

First interview with Rayonier – non H.R. personnel sent to interview. After 20 minutes of asking all the questions, the individuals at the interview finally opened up with “they didn’t know what they were looking for”. Ended up working for a different department but the same ideal - “don’t know what we’re looking for”.
    Ensuing interviews actually laid out demands, good questions, and direction; another yielded no one asking questions nor looking you in the eyes when they talked. Interviewers were interested in other distractions; same as first.
    Don’t negotiate more vacation; you’ll never get to use it (unless crony/nepo). Try for more salary.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiate for more salary, not leave time (you'll probably not be able to use it).

Process Control Engineer Interview

Interview

Received an interview from on-campus recruiting, interview was the next day. Lasted 30 minutes and was with a panel of 3 people, 2 engineers and an HR representative

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fernandina Beach, FL

Application

I interviewed at Rayonier (Fernandina Beach, FL) in December 2010.

Interview

first interview was one on one with the hiring manager. Second interview was with a panel of all the company's department heads.

Negotiation

I was made an offer which I thought was low. They countered with a signing bonus and I accepterd

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jesup, GA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rayonier (Jesup, GA) in June 2010.

Interview

Submitted application on line, was called for a phone interview from an outside agency that pre-screened based on your skill set, then set up interviews. Interviews were for several administrative jobs within a few departments so there were several group interviews.

When i arrived they had moved my interview time, but failed to tell me so I had to wait in the lobby which was very cold and univiting. The group interviews - each person from the group asked a question and then at the end was given time to ask the group questions.

Interview Questions

• How in the past have you handled a difficult situation with a customer   Answer Question
    • How do you stay organized and keep tasks on track   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate, I was told this was a great way to get into the company and that there would be lots of chances to move up. I believe if you were interviewed for a high level position and had industry experience you might be able to negotiate more. I had heard others got more vacation and some relocation reimbursement.