Raytheon BBN Technologies Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

Raytheon BBN Technologies Interview Questions in Boston, MA

Updated Mar 26, 2017

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Raytheon BBN Technologies (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

Typical team-building focused technical interview, textbook basics questions applicable to the role. Team side of process was all about personality compatibility. Hiring process was quick and easy, benefits selection was a challenge for fresh college graduate without any experiebce with Americal healthcare

Interview Questions

• data structures, oncurrency, cdistributed systems problems   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raytheon BBN Technologies (Cambridge, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

The process began with a phone screening, in which the caller and I discussed my programming experience, previous projects I have done, and matters along those lines. After that, I was later contacted to arrange a trip to their headquarters in Cambridge, MA, where I met with individuals from the different sections of the department and learned more about the company and they learned a bit more about me.

Interview Questions

• What kinds of languages have you worked with while doing projects in school?   Answer Question

Networking and Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon BBN Technologies (Cambridge, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

About a 45 minute interview with questions raining from experience, to general interview questions, to very technical questions. The technical questions were general at first, but then became more specific to the position being applied for. The interviewer was a senior member of the networking and communications business unit, so he had a thorough knowledge of the department, but did not know which project I would specifically work on, nor what the timeframe or compensation for my internship would be at that time.

Associate Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Raytheon BBN Technologies (Cambridge, MA) in August 2014.

Interview

Phone interview was ridiculous - 90 minutes of programming, math, engineering and cognitive science questions (as related to NLP). Interviewer literally made me write code over the phone! I would have been screwed if I didn't have google open as I was answering his questions.

After you pass the phone interview, you better have some code samples ready to send over. Once the code samples have been approved, they invite you for an on site interview that is also very technical (in addition to interviews with management/HR people) - lasts about 4-5 hours total.

Interview Questions

• If you have 2 points with x, y, z coordinates, how do you determine if coplanar?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Raytheon BBN Technologies (Boston, MA).

Interview

Was more casual than most interviews, first had a phone interview where they asked about my background and when I would like to appear for the interview. The next was onsite where I was interviewed by 4-5 people and had to do an hour long presentation. Overall the interview went fairly well and everybody were extremely friendly.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any specific questions, the interview was more on my background and getting to know the company well.   Answer Question

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Raytheon BBN Technologies (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

I had a phone interview, followed by an all-day in-person 1-1 interviews with 8 people (including one HR person in the morning).

Interview Questions

• Most questions were about work I had done in my PhD, what kind of work I wanted to do going forward, business cases I saw in moving my work forward. They tried to gauge if I was truly motivated by what I do, and whether I saw the practical end-goals and business potential for sub-areas within my field of expertise.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate my salary offer, except for a relocation fee which they immediately accepted.

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon BBN Technologies (Boston, MA).

Interview

The process began with a short phone screen with the hiring manager, discussing my resume, the position, and the group.

They scheduled an onsite visit, putting me up in a nearby hotel the night before. The interview was about 5 hours in total, speaking individually with different team members.

Interview questions ranged from talking about past research to basic FizzBuzz-type software-coding questions.

Interview Questions

• A detailed question about some research I'd done 9 years ago. (The research was relevant to the position, so this was not a surprising avenue of questioning.)   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon BBN Technologies (Cambridge, MA) in April 2013.

Interview

almost asking about former experiences and projects that relating to the positions. Not too much tech question but ask for research experience. Met 4 engineers/scientists and 1 HR at onsite

Staff Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon BBN Technologies (Cambridge, MA) in November 2012.

Interview

Phone and onsite interview. Mix of software, machine learning and design questions. Lot of questions from resume. Prepare well and be ready to think on the spot thinking. Some solve ML equations on white board.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Raytheon BBN Technologies (Boston, MA) in June 2009.

Interview

for internship, interview with 1 software guy, 1 hardware guy and 1 manager

Interview Questions

• how to identify a sound source if you have several microphone.   Answer Question