Raytheon BBN Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Raytheon BBN Technologies Interview Questions

Interviews at Raytheon BBN Technologies

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Raytheon BBN Technologies (Boston, MA) in June 2009.

Interview

for internship, interview with 1 software guy, 1 hardware guy and 1 manager

Interview Questions

• how to identify a sound source if you have several microphone.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon BBN Technologies.

Interview

The initial communications was a bit spotty but over all ended up working. I was told to come in, but not what I was in for (time it will take, how many people, etc).

I was taken up to HR and given a primer on the company. Not terribly useful as I had already learned most of it (it being the reason I applied in the first place).

I was then taken to about 3 different divisions and given an interview with one or two people at each. Over all the entire process took the entire day. Not unusual, but some warning would have been appreciated.

Overall the interview process was fairly typical for a software job, however looking back it was a bit intense for an entry level job. But I cannot fault them for wanting a more serious atmosphere. Not a hard interview, but lengthy.

For questions: there were no puzzles, just technical questions and review of prior work I had done independently and during summers in college.

Interview Questions

• Raster ordering for images. Not difficult, just unexpected. I honestly was expecting something more involved since I was going after a vision related position.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Primary interest if this employer clearly was not technical. While compensation is a vital part of any employer employee negotiation, should it be the very first thing asked of a job candidate one would be well advised to seek employment elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• What is your current salary?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Raytheon BBN Technologies (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

Typical team-building focused technical interview, textbook basics questions applicable to the role. Team side of process was all about personality compatibility. Hiring process was quick and easy, benefits selection was a challenge for fresh college graduate without any experiebce with Americal healthcare

Interview Questions

• data structures, oncurrency, cdistributed systems problems   1 Answer

Staff Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon BBN Technologies (Cambridge, MA) in November 2012.

Interview

Phone and onsite interview. Mix of software, machine learning and design questions. Lot of questions from resume. Prepare well and be ready to think on the spot thinking. Some solve ML equations on white board.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much negotiation

Staff Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raytheon BBN Technologies (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

1 hour Presentation + 8 rounds, mostly revolving around research related ML questions and your recent research project. Relatively simple if you know your project thoroughly. All the interviewers were pretty friendly and asked relevant questions! Seemed like an interesting group of researchers .

Interview Questions

• Given a list of words and a search query find all the anagrams from it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Raytheon BBN Technologies (Columbia, MD) in November 2014.

Interview

I spoke to an HR person on the phone for about 30 minutes. She told me she would get back to me in a few days and I initially thought that would be to set up an onsite interview, but instead she offered me a position. I'm not sure if they forgot to do a second interview or not because from talking to the other interns, this was not very common.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon BBN Technologies (Washington, DC) in April 2012.

Interview

I first had a 30 minute phone interview where I talked about projects, research and precious internship on my resume in technical detail. After this, I went in for an on-site interview which involved HR, security, and 3 scientists. Questions were mostly to determine if I would be a good fit for BBNs work culture. Was asked 1 technical question during the entire process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No salary negotiation. Was called in the morning, informed of what my salary was going to be, and I accepted on the spot

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Raytheon BBN Technologies in February 2014.

Interview

It was one year ago. I applied for the graduate intern through the internal referral, and I had one round phone interview and I was interviewed by two people. The interview was mainly about my research experience, and how I would connect my research with the internship. After about one week, I received the offer.

Interview Questions

• The questions were related to my research experiences, and some follow up questions with my paper.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon BBN Technologies in February 2014.

Interview

The interview is quit informal. Two people interviewed me togeter on the phone. First they talked about what their team is doing and what their project is about. and then asked questions related to my background and research projects that listed on my resume. Most of the questions focuses on my research experience and my future plan about my research.

Interview Questions

• No technical questions. They basicly asked questions about my projects listed in my resume and what kind of project I want to do if I get the offer. Their questions about my projects are really in detail.   Answer Question