Raytheon Electrical Engineer I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 3, 2017

2.1

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

A HR will call you to schedule phone interview. If you pass phone interview, you will get invited by another HR who will ask you to go a Hiring event at JW Marriott. Go there, you will get security debriefing, fingerprinted, etc. The first day is an 8 hour event. You will plant tour for about 3 hours, assuming proven US Citizenship. and the last 2 hours is a networking session that is a complete waste of time unless you are lucky to catch the other department heads in a good mood. You will be exhausted by the first day. And you may leave earlier than the end of the networking session. Now if you make it to the interview day, You better hope you don't get the earliest time after breakfast. Unfortunately for me this was the case. You can get more than 1 interviews but like i said it's a crap shoot on the night for networking/reception.

Another thing I should mention is, If you already have clearance your in good shape but it doesn't guarantee your interview to go smoothly.

By the way interview is primarily behavioral for EE level 1. No Technical Questions will be asked.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Raytheon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tewksbury, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tewksbury, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Went to a university career fair, and the recruiter sent my resume to a Raytheon engineer. One week later, HR emailed me asking to apply to the job requisition so that they could set up an interview. I ended up interviewing with three managers from one department, and didn't hear back for another four weeks. I had to email the recruiter, after which I was assigned another interview with another manager. One week later, I received an email for an onsite interview and tour. The following week, I was asked to present my transcript via email, and two weeks later, I received the rejection letter.

Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Andover, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

The first step was a phone interview with two 30-min interviews with different departments. Asked mostly technical questions.

The onsite was from 8:00-1:00PM where they first talked more about the company and what it does. Then the rest of the time is spent talking to different departments and people. They mostly asked about your past projects and experience to see where you would fit in

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Raytheon (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through my university career center. Got a campus interview a week after. Was asked a brain teaser: how does train turn left? Was asked an array question (coding). Other than that, the interviewer walked through my resume.

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

First a phone screening with an HR person to schedule another phone screening with engineers. There were 3 people on the phone call with me, 2 engineers and 1 HR. A week later I got an invitation for an onsite interview in Tucson. 2 days onsite interview event which includes networking event, tour and multiple presentations about the company. My interview with a panel of engineers lasted a little over an hour. They went through my resume line by line and mostly asked behavioral questions. Minor technical questions were thrown in but not difficult. The engineers were very nice and friendly. I was given an offer about 15 minutes after my interview.

Electrical Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon in June 2016.

Interview

Simple interview. Asked basic questions about my resume and one or two behavioral questions. Interviewed focused on experience and projects from resume. Was a very very simple and easy interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Raytheon (Richardson, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I attended the career fair on May 19th. they collected everyone's resumes in the beginning. I guess the hiring managers were looking through the resumes to see if they matched any of the open positions. After an hour I was told they don't have any job for me and I left without participating in an interview.

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

They paid for my travel and gave me clear direction of how to prepare for the interview. However, RMS is a very large site and I was confused on how to get to the exact room they scheduled for. They were all very kind and even offered me a tour of parts of the site.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my work done at the university   1 Answer

Negotiation

the offer was very fair and I accepted right away.

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in March 2016.

Interview

interview at hiring event. The interview consist of 2-3 engineers asking various questions about experience as well as technical questions. The interviewers were friendly and helpful. The questions include standard HR and techical questions regarding your course work and what you applied for.

Anonymous Employee in Forest, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon (Forest, MS) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online through their website. 3 weeks later, I was emailed by an HR representative about conducting a remote interview through a service called hireRight that would record my interview using preset questions. After this was submitted, another month passed for a total of 7 weeks before I was called by the hiring manager and invited for an onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us how something you invented, innovated or simply changed led to completing a goal or project   Answer Question