Raytheon Electrical Engineer II Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Raytheon Electrical Engineer II Interview Questions

2.2

Electrical Engineering II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goleta, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon (Goleta, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

The whole interview process is a joke. They just want to fill the quota.They already know who they are going to hire(their friends and relatives)regardless of the applicant's qualifications.

I had great knowledge of the position that I applied and even corrected a problem that an interviewer said he was on the phone to solve for hours in just a few seconds but still didn't get hired.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Raytheon

Electrical Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

Submitted an application on the website, and then a recruiter called me afterwards for a phone screen. The onsite interview was with 4 engineers and the engineering manager, 45-50 minutes per person. With a site tour for a total of 4 hours, with lunch if you're from out of town. I had another phone screening with a program manager about 5 months after the onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you design a flip-flop in verilog? Using pseudo code   1 Answer

Negotiation

I gave them my range, but should have just stuck to the high range. Stick to a number and don't budge from it. You can ask for a sign on bonus too. State that too after you finalized your salary.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Raytheon (Dallas, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

Mostly a personality interview. Typically you have 2-4 interviews with 2 people in each. They are mostly looking at how you will fit in with the culture. The people include everyone from section and department managers to new hires and the people who will become your co-workers

Anonymous Employee in Sudbury, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Raytheon (Sudbury, MA) in December 2007.

Interview

I've seen both sides of the college hire process with my department, so I'll focus my review on college hires.

Departments constantly monitor their available staffing vs. program demand, and during the first quarter of every year they determine their hiring goals, including college hires. At this point, the sections that need additional resources will submit a request to HR to review for applicable skill-sets.

Upon selection a handful of candidates (could be as little as four, could be twelve depending on the demand) IDS will contact the individual, and arrange for an on-site interview. Raytheon reimburses all expenses for the interview, including travel (at the federal mileage rate, or airfare for significant distances [20 miles, 50 miles? I can't quite remember,]) lodging, and a rental car if necessary.

Once on-site, candidates have a brief introduction (duration: 30 minutes) by HR describing the process, telling us what their goals are and who they would be meeting with. At the conclusion of the HR intro a few younger engineers meet with the candidates and act as their escort for the day.

At the conclusion of the HR introduction, candidates next meet with the potential section managers (duration: 30 minutes.) The section managers give a brief overview of what kind of work they perform, what programs they work on, and some of benefits of working at Raytheon.

After being introduced to the potential section manager, the candidate will generally undergo three one on one interviews with senior members of the section (duration: 30-40 minutes each.) The range of questions they ask will vary, but generally they're trying to determine: your interpersonal skills (will you work with our group,) your expectations (will our group work with you,) and your technical skills.

At conclusion of the personal interviews, the section manager generally takes the candidates and the escorts out to lunch (duration: 45 minutes) at a nearby restaurant to facilitate a more candid conversation amongst the group.

At the conclusion of lunch, candidates are gathered for a small out-brief (duration: 20 minutes) answering any questions the candidates might have, outlining when they will be notified, and reminding of the reimbursement procedures. This is generally the last contact the candidates have with Raytheon for the day.

Now, after the candidates have left, the section manager usually distributes a rating matrix to the three senior section members who conducted the interviews, to evaluate the candidate over a range of criteria. After receiving their ratings, the section manager will gather the senior section members to discuss the ratings and decide upon offers.

After making selections, the section manager will inform HR who their top candidates are, and HR will send out offers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you performance disappointed you. How did you handle it? How would you handle it in hindsight?   Answer Question

Negotiation

In my experience, college hires have little room to negotiate. College hire salary an undisclosed formula based on position (E01/E02,) discipline, and department.

Anonymous Employee in Sudbury, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Raytheon (Sudbury, MA) in November 2007.

Interview

I graduated with a Masters from Cornell so I the entire process made me feel like that fact and my academic record got me the job. The interview was just a formality. I interviewed with 3 people and only one of them asked me a technical question. The rest were "tell me about a project" or "do you have questions for me".

Electrical Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Raytheon in June 2009.

Interview

Interview was painless. My interviewers were basically trying to get a feel for my background and my reason for wanting to do hardware design. I expected at least some digital hardware questions...but no technical questions whatsoever. The process was very comfortable altogether and I was a little dismayed by how easy it was to get this job.