Raytheon Electrical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 13, 2017

2.7

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

I had to pass a phone interview, and then was requested to attend the two day long hiring event. I had three interviews, two of the three were strictly behavioral questions with maybe one or two technical questions. The first interview was almost entirely technical questions. All of the members found out within 24 hours if they were going to be getting an offer or not.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you worked in a team that did not work well together?   1 Answer
  • What is your greatest project that you have worked on?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Raytheon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

I had two interviews for two different Electrical Engineering positions, but I'll review both interviews here for the sake of following the community guidelines.

I applied Online, and within a couple of days, two hiring managers called me for a screening type phone interview; and at the end of each phone call, they both invited me to their Hiring Event in Tucson. They flew me in for the two day event, which consisted of informational presentations, a facilities tour, a networking event (that can be extremely beneficial if taken advantage of, as you could 'score' more interviews for the next day) and finally the interviews on the morning of the second day.

My first interview was a panel interview with the Hiring Manager (Engineer) and another engineer from that department; fairly technical interview, since it was mainly an analog design position; very light on the behavioral side. Literally out of the 45 minutes allotted for the interview, like 30-35 were technical questions, which I personally didn't mind, since I genuinely love the topics covered; I wished the interview could have lasted longer though, since I only had the chance to very few questions.

The second interview was another panel interview with the Department Head, the Hiring Manager (Engineer) and another senior engineer from the respective department of this interview; not a single technical question, the interview flowed like a regular conversation, which lasted for the allotted 45 mins.

A good thing is that they let you know wether or not you're getting an offer on the very same day you interview.

Interview Questions

• First Interview (Electrical Engineer):
      Electronics & Power Electronics questions, they mainly asked me to draw different circuits (and explain some of the theory behind it) like:
      - DC-DC Converters (Boost, Bucks, Buck-Boost)
      - DC-AC Inverters
      - Rectifiers (AC-DC converters)
      - OpAmps (Inverting, Non-Inverting, Differential)
      - Different Transistors in various of their configurations (BJT, MOSFETs, IGBTs; PnP, NpN, etc..)
      - Transistor-based Amplifier configurations (Common source, Common Emitter, so on so forth)
      - And of course, the typical going over your school projects   Answer Question
    • Second Interview (Components Engineer):
      Mainly behavioral questions to see how you fit in with their department.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raytheon (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a 4-hour interview with three engineers and team manager. And a good lunch with all the interviewers. There were four questions about the knowledge learnt in college. They were very basic nothing difficult. Since the position is related to RF. Most of the questions are related to antenna, smith chart etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayaguez, PR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Raytheon (Mayaguez, PR).

Interview

It was during Job fair at university. I talk with one recliner and we set an appointment for the interview. On the interview, it was with a panel of three guys. The interview was a behavioral and ask about your experience.

I accept another offer

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in October 2015.

Interview

It was a 3 stage interview with a phone screen, phone interview, and then they flew me out to Tucson for a hiring event. The hiring event lasted over 2 days with all of the interviews happening on the second day. An applicant was allowed up to 3 interviews from different sections throughout the second day.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Raytheon in January 2013.

Interview

Phone interview was very easy. I got a call after submitting an online application along with my transcript and resume. After a few emails, I was reached out to for a phone interview. And I was able to complete the phone interview in about a half hour.

Interview Questions

• Do you want to intern across the country? What experience do you have in circuits   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon (Farmington, NM) in January 2011.

Interview

I had phone interview at first and after 2-3 weeks I heard from them. They wanted to scheduled face to face interview. They paid all the expenses for the trip.
    Interview was Group/ Panel interview consisting for HR person, Engineer and Plant supervisor. Interview was only about behavioral questions. Not a single technical question was asked.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Dallas, TX) in November 2010.

Interview

The first half of the onsite interview was show and tell for the company. They discussed in more detail what Raytheon, benefits packages, etc. The second half of the day was a series of interviews (3-4 total) that were performed by the different groups/organizations in which we might be working. Some of these were one-on-one and others were panel (up to 3). Almost all of the questions were behavioral in nature.

Interview Questions

• All the questions very behavioral in nature. I.E. - tell me about a time when you were faced with a difficult situation when working on a team. What did you do to resolve the issues/situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated a little bit, only to the point that they were within $1k of my highest other offer.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Raytheon in February 2010.

Interview

Three one hour interviews each by an engineer from a different department. Questions where both behavioral and technical. Tell us about a project you worked on were things did not go as planned? Technical questions were very basic, What does SNR stand for?

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a project you worked on were things did not go as planned?
      What does SNR stand for?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in September 2009.

Interview

Went through a hiring event.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I declined the first offer and they came back with 10K higher