Raytheon Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Raytheon Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 1, 2017

2.9

Engineer Interview

Interview

It is a government contracting job, so it can be quite extensive. But the interview process is doable and can be easy. There were about 3 interviews for this job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Raytheon

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Raytheon (Dallas, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Received a call from HR to come in for an interview. The interview was with a number of other candidates. They discussed their products and then split us into one-on-one interviews with different managers. Interview consisted of typical behavioral questions as well as discussion of projects from resume. Overall the process was simple and a good experience.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral questions related to teamwork and functioning in a group environment.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

Interview is a formality. Company is desperate to fill vacancies. Lots of turnover. They will try to make you mad to see how much you will put up with. They will basically insult you to see if you really need the job. The job is demeaning so they make sure any candidates are desperate for a job.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a pulse. Your hired.   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raytheon in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was all done via phone. It was about 45 minutes long and there was two interviewers on the phone at the same time. One was with human resources and the other was a lab manager. The phone interview was fairly simple with mainly behavioral questions and demonstrative/ scenario questions, with few technical questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Raytheon (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by a panel of four people. After the interview, one of the interviewers showed me around their labs and introduced me to the team members. We have lunch afterwards and couple more questions to wrap things up.

Interview Questions

• They walked through the resume and ask common interview questions.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon in February 2015.

Interview

I visited them during a career fair on campus. They told me to apply online and to the university recruiting site. After this process, I was invited for an interview on campus. The whole process was very quick, and after the on campus interview the information was passed to the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• How did you react to a disagreement when working in a group? Describe a time when you went beyond the specification a project.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Recruited through on campus career fair. I spoke to a recruiter and within a week I received a request for an interview on campus. Very straightforward interview, no difficult questions. Interview was non-technical, instead was centered around leadership experience and problem solving. The interviewer was very professional and nice, and was an actual engineer at the company, not someone from HR. I am still waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time you had a conflict in a team setting and what you did to resolve it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon (Huntsville, AL).

Interview

This is confusing. I haven't indicated that I interviewed Raytheon recently, but am getting these interviewing questions. I interviewed Raytheon in Huntsville, AL in 2005, but the pull down menu below only goes to 2010. I've been working for the company for many years and recently retired.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember having any difficult questions. The people I met with were familiar with my work and knew what they were getting.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered and I accepted.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

Was referred by a friend.
    Had phone screen, then an in person interview with 1-2 managers.
    Was offered a position 3 weeks later, with no follow up interviews or questions.

Interview Questions

• Don't recall any particularly difficult questions. Was not an overly technical interview, focused more on experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Raytheon (Dallas, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

3 basic behavioral interview questions, asking about diversity, technical, and leadership qualities. Very easy but also preliminary.