Raytheon Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 14, 2017

2.8

27 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in July 2017.

Interview

The hiring event was at the Marriot, and the HR folks were over the top professional and courteous. However, meeting and talking with the engineering leads and managers revealed a nasty culture of insecure jerks who play games and are less than professional. One of them tried playing "Stump the Chump" in his quest to get me to say the exact thing he had on his mind. Except he was wrong, and he lost badly. He was so far out of his element of expertise, and he had no idea that the very topic he was trying to mock me with was the very one I have a US patent in.....So Raytheon used to be known as the employer of complete jerks for managers and little backstabbing insecure small minded people as minions. Not much has changed.

Interview Questions

• I am your manager, and I disagree with you. How are you going to change my mind?

You don't know what the problem is, but how would you fix it?

Since we only work with rockets here, how will your previous experience help you function? (note, my experience was a lot wider and varied than just rockets, so the question was more of an insult than a question) Anyone with experience in anything would have no trouble making useful engineer decisions in a rocket manufacturing role. It's not rocket science after all..... it's simple assembly and tooling and testing

How have you dealt with a coworker you don't agree with? (Ironic this question got asked, because the 3 interviewers seemed to have no idea how to even ask normal questions without being unpleasant and generally negative. They constantly rolled eyes, lied, gave PC answers-more lying, and emitted a body language that said they were miserable interacting with real people who have real skills and experience.)   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Raytheon

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

I am currently living in Tucson and looking to relocate out. I had a phone interview for a position more than 1,000 miles away, but they spent 10 of our 30 minutes pressuring me to apply to RMS in Tucson. Why even call me?

Interview Questions

• If you had one offer from here and one from Tucson, which would you choose?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone interview followed by in person group interview. Group interview was part of a hiring event. All personality based questions that came from a list they read from. Okay experience overall.

Engineer Interview

Interview

It is a government contracting job, so it can be quite extensive. But the interview process is doable and can be easy. There were about 3 interviews for this job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raytheon (San Diego, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

First I had a lengthy phone screen with someone in the department and then had an on-site interview. Took a few days for them to get back to me about the on site process.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raytheon (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied in October through an online job board. I got a phone call interview about 3 months later when I was about to forget, which took about 35 minutes, then I received an offer about 2 months later. So the process was a bit slow.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Raytheon (Dallas, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Received a call from HR to come in for an interview. The interview was with a number of other candidates. They discussed their products and then split us into one-on-one interviews with different managers. Interview consisted of typical behavioral questions as well as discussion of projects from resume. Overall the process was simple and a good experience.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral questions related to teamwork and functioning in a group environment.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

Interview is a formality. Company is desperate to fill vacancies. Lots of turnover. They will try to make you mad to see how much you will put up with. They will basically insult you to see if you really need the job. The job is demeaning so they make sure any candidates are desperate for a job.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a pulse. Your hired.   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raytheon in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was all done via phone. It was about 45 minutes long and there was two interviewers on the phone at the same time. One was with human resources and the other was a lab manager. The phone interview was fairly simple with mainly behavioral questions and demonstrative/ scenario questions, with few technical questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Raytheon (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by a panel of four people. After the interview, one of the interviewers showed me around their labs and introduced me to the team members. We have lunch afterwards and couple more questions to wrap things up.

Interview Questions

• They walked through the resume and ask common interview questions.   Answer Question