Raytheon Interview Questions in Forest, MS | Glassdoor

Raytheon Interview Questions in Forest, MS

1.8

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Forest, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Forest, MS) in October 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by HR about a week after I put in the application. The next day I had a phone interview with the hiring manager and two other employees. I was contacted shortly after the phone interview to come onsite the following week. I interviewed in a group panel. Everyone was very nice and friendly. I was contacted the next day for a few more questions and about two weeks later I was notified for a job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered more than I expected so I gladly accepted the offer.

Electrical Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Forest, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon (Forest, MS) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online through their website. 3 weeks later, I was emailed by an HR representative about conducting a remote interview through a service called hireRight that would record my interview using preset questions. After this was submitted, another month passed for a total of 7 weeks before I was called by the hiring manager and invited for an onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us how something you invented, innovated or simply changed led to completing a goal or project   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Forest, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Forest, MS) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted over a month later via a phone call. Set up a phone interview with the local hiring manager. Had a very easygoing chat with the gentleman who only had a few questions about my resume. No behavioral questions were asked. He offered plenty of helpfull information about the location and job duties.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non-negotiable offer that was very competitive with the going rate.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Forest, MS

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Forest, MS) in June 2012.

Interview

Classic 2 call system, interview was more like begging us to come here. However, the pay was very low...

Then had a group on site interview and a few 1:1 interviews same day. It however was a bunch of lies to get is in the door. You could tell these folks were absolutely desperate to hire people. They pretty much showed me the money for a year and then it was time to go.

The interviewers were clueless, and had no idea what the Kirchhoff law is... one of them didn't even know Ohms law! So the interview was a piece of cake! I could have said that a transistor radio is made using 5 transistors and a flux capacitor and I was in!

Interview Questions

• Can you use a network analyzer? a spectrum analyzer?
      How does a radio work?
      What does an antenna do?
      1 Answer

Negotiation

Basically, I was offered 90k plus 30k relocation/bonus. So I knew after the year to stay not to pay any relocation benefits I was out. It was ok to make 110k that year.

IPT Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Forest, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon (Forest, MS) in March 2011.

Interview

Standard hiring practices for defense industry.
    One full day interview with managers and co-workers.
    Interview was an organized mess.
    Dress nicely, get your running shoes and walk away... trust me RUN back to your car, and acknowledge it was a mistake coming all the way here. Or dare to go in for the interview and find out for yourself.
    When you walk in you will encounter a huge manufacturing facility. Everyone dressed up in ESD smocks, office area looks very run down, very old. People that work here are mostly out of shape, with bad eating habits. The work culture I was able to see during my interview was one of pointing fingers and not being their fault. So be aware of being the scape goat!

Interview Questions

• 1. Will you have a problem relocating to the Mississippi area?
      2. Well a lot of people have a hard time adjusting.
      1 Answer
    • Are you single?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was good, they try to give you as much as they can in the relocation package. However, the salary negotiations are VERY WEAK! as they don't pay as much as they should.

Other than that, the advice I would give is let CARTUS relocate you and schedule the move of your household goods. Raytheon then insures all your goods so if anything breaks! You get it 100% covered, no questions asked. They will try to force you to do it yourself but if anything breaks its on you.

That is if you decide to take the Relocation cash... which was nice but takes away your freedom of leaving this place for a year. So be ready to feel like a slave for a year.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Forest, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Raytheon (Forest, MS) in June 2010.

Interview

They totally run the bait and switch system in Raytheon Forest... who wants to work in Mississippi? Only locals. Anyway... took evergthing w a grain of salt they said x y z and I knew it was a b c. BAIT AND SWITCH. they try to sugar coat it pretty good. If u are desperate and need cash work here other wise be like Forest gum... Run Forest... run from Forest!!!!

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer to work here in this area or in other areas?   1 Answer
    • So do you like to hunt of fish and ride four wheeler's?   1 Answer

I was overqualified for the position.