Raytheon Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Raytheon Intern Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2017

2.3

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

Applied online for several jobs, recruiter contacted me, then an engineer contacted me, set up a 2:1 interview over the phone, then heard back from Human Resources about status and what the next steps were

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Raytheon

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon (El Segundo, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online after speaking with an employee at my schools career fair. Interviewed once over the phone for a screening, then another scheduled phone interview a week later with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself without using any information from your resume.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

It was relatively painless.I spoke to someone very friendly on the phone and enjoyed the conversation immensely. I was able to ask questions about the interviewer's experiences with the company as well. Overall this was a positive experience where I was able to learn a lot about the work-life balance of the employees. Also, I learned that the open environment that the company prides in was true which made me much more comfortable accepting the internship after I was offered it.

Interview Questions

• They asked me some technical questions, but the overall focus was on me as a student and a person.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Nonexistent

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McKinney, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Raytheon (McKinney, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Campus tour with 4, 30 minute interviews all behavioral. Began with a group secession where we got to talk about a project we were working on. Took several months to reply

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Initially contacted through email, contacted about 2-3 months after I applied. Very easy and streamlined process, they made sure I felt comfortable and I went through two rounds of interviews within a day. I got an offer after 3 days.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Intern Interview

Interview

Interview was relaxed and easy, the hiring manager was easygoing and asked very general questions, such as "tell me about yourself" and "what do you see yourself doing in 5 to 10 years". A relatively easy interview. However, the wait time for the hiring process was very long and drawn out.

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

There was a technical phone interview lasting about an hour filled with questions about my background as well as technical questions. They then flew me to Tucson for an onsite interview, with travel and lodging accommodations. For the in person interview, there were 4 rounds. One by the department head to give overview of work and benefits, then two interviews by senior members. Finally, a few team members took me out to lunch so that I could ask any questions about the job, area, or anything else.

Interview Questions

• The more important questions seemed to be based on team fit and ability to work with others. Building a rapport with the interviewers was the most important part.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

First met with recruiters at a career fair. Had a short 30 minute interview same day with one of the recruiters. After a few weeks, was invited to a two-day hiring event. The first day was tours of Raytheon facilities and a social mixer with different department heads and recruiters. The next day was designated solely for interviews. Met with different department recruiting teams composed of two or three members. Each interview was also fairly short, and was composed primarily of behavioral based questions and interests in the specific department. Received offer after about a week.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience where you worked with a group and a member was falling behind on their portion of the work. How did you react? What could you have done better to improve the team as a whole?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in McKinney, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon (McKinney, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Online application, several phone correspondences, and a lengthy on-site interview. There were several parts to the interview. Presentations, lunch, facility tour, one-on-one, and panel interviews were included. Overall a smooth process.

Intern Interview

Interview

Had interview on campus at my college. Questions were pretty standard no technical questions for the first interview. Interviewers were nice except they talked for a long time which cut into my answers.