Raytheon Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 30, 2017

2.4

28 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

There was a technical phone interview lasting about an hour filled with questions about my background as well as technical questions. They then flew me to Tucson for an onsite interview, with travel and lodging accommodations. For the in person interview, there were 4 rounds. One by the department head to give overview of work and benefits, then two interviews by senior members. Finally, a few team members took me out to lunch so that I could ask any questions about the job, area, or anything else.

Interview Questions

• The more important questions seemed to be based on team fit and ability to work with others. Building a rapport with the interviewers was the most important part.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Raytheon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Provo, UT) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted about 3 weeks later by a recruiter to set up an interview. I ended up having an interview a week after the initial contact. Interview lasted about 20 minutes. The interviewer was a great guy and asked great questions.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Had received an email from HR saying they wanted to interview me. Had 2 phone interviews, both involved technical questions, no coding questions, along with some behavioral, questions about my resume/past experience. First interview went well so had me do a second phone interview with Hiring Manager, which included more technical questions, some open ended questions, plus more behavioral questions. Currently still waiting for reply, will update when I get news.

Interview Questions

• Questions about resume and some technical OOP questions plus some open ended questions about design.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon (El Segundo, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online after speaking with an employee at my schools career fair. Interviewed once over the phone for a screening, then another scheduled phone interview a week later with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself without using any information from your resume.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

Applied online for several jobs, recruiter contacted me, then an engineer contacted me, set up a 2:1 interview over the phone, then heard back from Human Resources about status and what the next steps were

Anonymous Employee in McKinney, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon (McKinney, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Online application, several phone correspondences, and a lengthy on-site interview. There were several parts to the interview. Presentations, lunch, facility tour, one-on-one, and panel interviews were included. Overall a smooth process.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Raytheon in January 2015.

Interview

On-campus interview consisted of several behavioral questions as they related to projects that I had worked on previously. Heavy focus on what methods I use to learn, and how I work in collaborative, team-based settings. Interviewer was nice, and fairly easy-going. Asked about several of my interests and what aspects of Raytheon I was interested in working on. Do your homework on internship positions before you show up to the interview, I'd recommend.

Interview Questions

• Describe an instance of when you were part of an unsupportive team and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer came several months after initial interview. This was my first choice so I immediately accepted after receiving an offer.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raytheon in February 2013.

Interview

I initially applied via an online form, and was contacted by the employer in a simple phone screen. They asked very general questions such as, what programming languages are you familiar with, and asked me to tell me about myself.

The second interview was via phone, with a hiring manager. He was aware that I knew C, so he asked me questions about embedded programming, about machine instructions, and about computer architecture pertaining to software. He also asked to explain all previous jobs, and basically just let me talk for 10 minutes about my experiences.

Interview Questions

• Come up with a series of machine instructions (stores, loads, loadvalue, etc.), to perform the task of computing the sum of two integers given 3 registers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-negotiable, internship salary of 21 an hour. Based on credits.

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Raytheon in October 2010.

Interview

My interview process took place over the course of a single day and consisted of three one-on-one interviews, each one lasting 10-15 minutes each. The interviews were very laid back and the interviewers were genuinely nice people and easy to talk to. Nobody tried to drill me on my technical knowledge or anything like that, each interviewer basically talked to me about various aspects of my resume and just tried to get to know me as a person.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McKinney, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Raytheon (McKinney, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Campus tour with 4, 30 minute interviews all behavioral. Began with a group secession where we got to talk about a project we were working on. Took several months to reply