Raytheon Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 5, 2017

2.4

30 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

There was a technical phone interview lasting about an hour filled with questions about my background as well as technical questions. They then flew me to Tucson for an onsite interview, with travel and lodging accommodations. For the in person interview, there were 4 rounds. One by the department head to give overview of work and benefits, then two interviews by senior members. Finally, a few team members took me out to lunch so that I could ask any questions about the job, area, or anything else.

Interview Questions

• The more important questions seemed to be based on team fit and ability to work with others. Building a rapport with the interviewers was the most important part.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Raytheon

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

First met with recruiters at a career fair. Had a short 30 minute interview same day with one of the recruiters. After a few weeks, was invited to a two-day hiring event. The first day was tours of Raytheon facilities and a social mixer with different department heads and recruiters. The next day was designated solely for interviews. Met with different department recruiting teams composed of two or three members. Each interview was also fairly short, and was composed primarily of behavioral based questions and interests in the specific department. Received offer after about a week.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience where you worked with a group and a member was falling behind on their portion of the work. How did you react? What could you have done better to improve the team as a whole?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in McKinney, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon (McKinney, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Online application, several phone correspondences, and a lengthy on-site interview. There were several parts to the interview. Presentations, lunch, facility tour, one-on-one, and panel interviews were included. Overall a smooth process.

Intern Interview

Interview

Had interview on campus at my college. Questions were pretty standard no technical questions for the first interview. Interviewers were nice except they talked for a long time which cut into my answers.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Raytheon in January 2015.

Interview

On-campus interview consisted of several behavioral questions as they related to projects that I had worked on previously. Heavy focus on what methods I use to learn, and how I work in collaborative, team-based settings. Interviewer was nice, and fairly easy-going. Asked about several of my interests and what aspects of Raytheon I was interested in working on. Do your homework on internship positions before you show up to the interview, I'd recommend.

Interview Questions

• Describe an instance of when you were part of an unsupportive team and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer came several months after initial interview. This was my first choice so I immediately accepted after receiving an offer.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Raytheon in October 2014.

Interview

I got the interview after talking with a representative at a career fair. The interview was a one on one interview, and I was asked simple behavioral interview questions such as "How do you work in teams," "How did you resolve a conflict," "tell me about yourself," etc. The interview was very relaxed and low stress, and the interviewer seemed very polite and friendly.

Interview Questions

• What's your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

I met the recruiter through a campus career fair and was able to set up an on-campus interview the next day. The interview itself was mostly questions regarding experiences with different team dynamics.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question I was to explain a time that a group had dissenting views on the solution, and how it was overcome.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

I was offered an HR interview during my university's campus career fair. I have only had an HR interview so far. After this, they assume you have applied online and ask you to forward them the job ids to pursue. They forward their reports to recruiters who contact you, if interested. Most likely, to be followed by a string of phone calls.

Interview Questions

• No question as such. I was asked all the standard ones like, 1: how would you react in a conflict? 2. How do you do in a team setting? etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Atlanta, GA) in December 2013.

Interview

Applied through their website and was contacted about 3 weeks later. Was interviewed with a talent scout. Pretty ordinary interview. He asked me questions about my resume and some psychological questions. Nothing hard to answer. Things went well and he said he was going to recommend me to the next step of the interview process. I'm looking to hear back from them in the next few weeks or so.

Interview Questions

• What have I done to go above and beyond the specifications of a project   Answer Question

Negotiation

Still waiting to hear back from them.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

Dinner with other candidates night before. Whole day interview process, with factory tour and ability to talk to many Raytheon employees.

Interview Questions

• None - Interviews were very relaxed, they seemed to really want to understand your interests.   Answer Question