Raytheon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Raytheon Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2017

2.6

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

I attended Raytheon's engineering open house. Upon arrival, my resume was given to a hiring manager, then I was called to a different room and was interviewed by a lead engineer. He asked me basic Java questions, what I know about the technologies I listed on my resume, and projects that I have developed.

Business Development Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

One-on-one interview with the VP. Informal and conversational style that allows the applicant to get a feel for the position as well as the prospective boss. HR does a good job setting everything up and seems very responsive, but it appears to be a deliberately slow process.

Interview Questions

• No standard interview questions, but the applicant can still weave in their talking points   Answer Question

Software Engineer II Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

Was flown out for an interview in Tucson AZ for a large hiring event. We were given a tour pf the facility and had a networking event. Stayed a total of 3 days. Final day was the interview. Interviewed for multiple positions. Was asked to give descriptions of past work and projects. Behavioral questions were also asked. No coding or whiteboarding. Very laid back. Was given an offer for all jobs I applied for related to software about 3 hours after leaving the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you handled a difficult situation or employee on a project.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

Short and straightforward. Talked with 2 senior principal engineers. Lunch and short tour. Received an offer within 10 days. Make sure you don't over convey your abilities because I see others that were sent out to the door for that particular reason.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Raytheon (Aurora, CO) in July 2017.

Interview

It was a professional open house. They saw my resume, liked what they saw, and proceeded to sell me on Raytheon and extended an offer. They were nice and friendly. If you fit the position they most likely will extend an offer.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

I am currently living in Tucson and looking to relocate out. I had a phone interview for a position more than 1,000 miles away, but they spent 10 of our 30 minutes pressuring me to apply to RMS in Tucson. Why even call me?

Interview Questions

• If you had one offer from here and one from Tucson, which would you choose?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in July 2017.

Interview

The hiring event was at the Marriot, and the HR folks were over the top professional and courteous. However, meeting and talking with the engineering leads and managers revealed a nasty culture of insecure jerks who play games and are less than professional. One of them tried playing "Stump the Chump" in his quest to get me to say the exact thing he had on his mind. Except he was wrong, and he lost badly. He was so far out of his element of expertise, and he had no idea that the very topic he was trying to mock me with was the very one I have a US patent in.....So Raytheon used to be known as the employer of complete jerks for managers and little backstabbing insecure small minded people as minions. Not much has changed.

Interview Questions

• I am your manager, and I disagree with you. How are you going to change my mind?

You don't know what the problem is, but how would you fix it?

Since we only work with rockets here, how will your previous experience help you function? (note, my experience was a lot wider and varied than just rockets, so the question was more of an insult than a question) Anyone with experience in anything would have no trouble making useful engineer decisions in a rocket manufacturing role. It's not rocket science after all..... it's simple assembly and tooling and testing

How have you dealt with a coworker you don't agree with? (Ironic this question got asked, because the 3 interviewers seemed to have no idea how to even ask normal questions without being unpleasant and generally negative. They constantly rolled eyes, lied, gave PC answers-more lying, and emitted a body language that said they were miserable interacting with real people who have real skills and experience.)   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone interview followed by in person group interview. Group interview was part of a hiring event. All personality based questions that came from a list they read from. Okay experience overall.

Interview Questions

Interview

3 interviewer panel followed by interview with Sr Manager. First was local, second had to be done at business headquarters. Questions focused on work ethic, technical experience and values and behaviors.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite part of ypur college studies?   1 Answer

Senior Instructor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

Good, very straight forward. I was asked about my background, my education, my career goals, and my salary requirements/expectations. I was allowed to ask quite a few questions of my own and the whole climate was very relaxed.