Raytheon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2018

2.6

Configuration Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in April 2013.

Interview

They was a job fair and I interviewed there and then called me on the phone and then invited me to a hiring conference in town.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you had to tell a supervisor they were wrong.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much they sent a package with the offer and that was it.

Interview

Pretty straight forward. entry level job So basically just going over your resume and the old tell me about yourself. Was Easy going and got invited in to come for a FTF

Interview Questions

Negotiation

tba

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon in April 2011.

Interview

Not bad. I met a lot of the other workers I would work with after interviewing with the manager. They all had some say in the decision I think. People were mostly cool. Overall its not a bad company and they focus on trust and respect as a culture. They gave me a good relocation package of $50k!! If you have a good manager, you are golden. But there are some micromanagers and they ruin it.

Contract Negotiator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2011.

Interview

Contacted via e-mail by a recruiter to set up phone interview, then had a phone interview with the hiring manager. Brought in for a 2nd interview and first had a very thorough review of the benefits package, which was the first time that has ever happened for me. I really appreciated it. By the way, the offices are about what you would expect for a govt contract job shop... old, dull, no frills. Then, spent an hour interviewing with the Director of Contracts, who was a very impressive professional, would have loved to work for him. The next hour was spent with one of the Sr. Contract Managers, also a very professional individual, pleasure to interview with. However... the 2nd Sr. Contract Manager that I interviewed with made me decide that I would never work at this Raytheon office until her retires. Completely unprofessional, obviously hadn't read my resume at all, but that didn't stop him from insulting my experience (instead of asking me to tell him about it). Arrogant guy who was past his prime; I wouldn't hire him to work for me, let alone me work for him. Shame, because the rest of the people seemed like really competent professionals. That was last week, haven't heard about a selection yet. Don't care, better options out there. Update: Called me and asked me to move fwd, I declined.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when...   1 Answer

One of the managers in the dept was very unprofessional in his interview with me

Contracts Interview

Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raytheon (Andover, MA) in February 2014.

Interview

There was a phone interview with the recruiter, followed by an intense 1.5 hour in-person interview with 4 Raytheon employees simultaneously (Contracts Director, Manager, Specialist, and Intern). The interview style was a barrage of questions, seeking to see how the interviewee works under stress.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest challenge in life, and how did you overcome it? What do you do on the weekends?   Answer Question

Contracts Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon (Boston, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

Be prepared to wait, but once you are selected for an interview it's not that difficult. I was extremely prepared and talked for most of the interview. Prospective employers will be phone screened, then have a one on one interview with the hiring manager. I did not have a phone screen-- instead, I had my one on one discussion then had a group panel interview.
    The interview itself was great, but it took another couple of months to start once I was selected for the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Andover, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

Two Telephone Interviews - the first is just a personal conversation and second was more work related and compatibility -- then we had a follow-up face-to-face interview with the hiring authority which was traditional in nature probing my experience and personality.

Interview Questions

• What attracted you to this job vacancy?   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?
      Are you able to relocate without assistance?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colo, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Colo, IA) in January 2015.

Interview

HR Called to verify some paper work. HR Scheduled Phone Interview with the hiring manager. A week after schedule an In Person Interview with a department's panel. HR called to check up on the interview and will be calling shortly.

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

One phone screening that went well beyond the time expected, mostly to expand on my resume, skills and experience. One group panel that seemed to be more geared towards gauging my fit in the environment. It can be incredibly frustrating to wait so long to hear back in between application and interviews, but as I've learned after working here, it's because the background check process takes ~70 days on average. This is departmental, governmental, and HR vetting, and it is a pain. Just bear with it, it is absolutely worth it.

Interview Questions

• A windowless room contains three identical light fixtures, each containing an identical light bulb or light globe. Each light is connected to one of three switches outside of the room. Each bulb is switched off at present. You are outside the room, and the door is closed. You have one, and only one, opportunity to flip any of the external switches. After this, you can go into the room and look at the lights, but you may not touch the switches again. How can you tell which switch goes to which light? (Copy and pasted from somewhere but this and the answer are correct)   2 Answers

Contracts Negotiator Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (El Segundo, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process went well. The interview didn't seem as it was an interview more of a discussion. It was a panel, therefore there were about 5 people interviewing me. During the interview I answered their questions, they answered my questions. Then I asked them if there would be a follow up interview or when they plan to make a decision. They said they will contact me in about 2 weeks. I followed up in two weeks since I hadn't heard back and they informed me that it will take a little longer because of the holiday. Afterwards they emailed me back and informed me that HR will be calling me with an offer,

Interview Questions

• They asked technical questions regarding the job, system related questions, some of the general interview questions, such as: where do you see yourself in 5 yrs or what are you strengths and weaknesses. There were also a lot of what would you do in this situation type questions as well.   Answer Question