Raytheon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Raytheon Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2017

2.6

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

Referred by an employee for a new role in development and was contacted by a corporate recruiter who did an initial phone screen which lasted about 30 minutes. Questions included strong probe on my salary requirements and explaining the job had a VP title with Director level pay which did not make the role as attractive. Recruiter then sent the job description a few days later and was a bit frantic to schedule a phone interview with the hiring manager and HR which was done within a few days.

Sixty minute phone interview with the hiring manager was a bit one sided, acronym filled and difficult to get a word in edge wise but I was able to ask some questions which were answered tersely and with limited detail. HR person was silent and didn’t ask any questions or participate in the discussion. An hour after the call the recruiter requested email feedback on how it went and I provided my input noting I was interested to continue the discussion. That was the last I have heard from the organization, a follow-up email and phone call to the recruiter went unacknowledged as well as an email to the hiring manager. I found this very unprofessional, especially for a VP level position.

Operations Engineer II Interview

Interview

Most questions were based on experience compared to the job description. Also asked standards questions about strengths and weaknesses as well as three words to describe self. Overall a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in September 2017.

Interview

Contacted by Pamela to set up a phone interview with one of the engineers. Afterward, was flown out to Tucson for a 3-day stay. I am fresh out of graduate school and it was my first in-person interview. Be sure to arrive more than 40 minutes early as the registration takes awhile especially with a line. There is also a severe parking shortage so you need to potentially park a long way away from the building; this is the main reason for getting there so early. The situation is terrible and it was the reason why I was late. Aside from that, the interview consisted of meeting with a manager first(which I was late to) and then two employees who evaluated my personality. After that was a technical interview from two other employees and then lunch with still another employee. Afterward, I met with another manager who basically explained the company with many acronyms and was difficult to connect with. He didn't seem to want to be there. Aside from the last manager "interview", the process was smooth. The work there seemed really interesting but sadly I was not selected; I wasn't too sold on Tucson though.

Interview Questions

• What is a seed and will the outcome of the simulation always result in the same outcome with the same seed?   Answer Question
    • What is unit testing?   Answer Question
    • What are the applications of your work?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

I attended Raytheon's engineering open house. Upon arrival, my resume was given to a hiring manager, then I was called to a different room and was interviewed by a lead engineer. He asked me basic Java questions, what I know about the technologies I listed on my resume, and projects that I have developed.

Business Development Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

One-on-one interview with the VP. Informal and conversational style that allows the applicant to get a feel for the position as well as the prospective boss. HR does a good job setting everything up and seems very responsive, but it appears to be a deliberately slow process.

Interview Questions

• No standard interview questions, but the applicant can still weave in their talking points   Answer Question

Software Engineer II Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

Was flown out for an interview in Tucson AZ for a large hiring event. We were given a tour pf the facility and had a networking event. Stayed a total of 3 days. Final day was the interview. Interviewed for multiple positions. Was asked to give descriptions of past work and projects. Behavioral questions were also asked. No coding or whiteboarding. Very laid back. Was given an offer for all jobs I applied for related to software about 3 hours after leaving the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you handled a difficult situation or employee on a project.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Raytheon (Albuquerque, NM) in August 2017.

Interview

They asked technical questions in a panel interview and then briefed the group about the company. They especially tried to play up the good parts of living in Albuquerque.

Interview Questions

• Mainly personality questions and how to handle personality conflicts.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

Short and straightforward. Talked with 2 senior principal engineers. Lunch and short tour. Received an offer within 10 days. Make sure you don't over convey your abilities because I see others that were sent out to the door for that particular reason.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Raytheon (Aurora, CO) in July 2017.

Interview

It was a professional open house. They saw my resume, liked what they saw, and proceeded to sell me on Raytheon and extended an offer. They were nice and friendly. If you fit the position they most likely will extend an offer.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

I am currently living in Tucson and looking to relocate out. I had a phone interview for a position more than 1,000 miles away, but they spent 10 of our 30 minutes pressuring me to apply to RMS in Tucson. Why even call me?

Interview Questions

• If you had one offer from here and one from Tucson, which would you choose?   Answer Question