Raytheon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Boston, MA) in October 2018.

Interview

I applied to a large pool of positions in the Greater Boston area in Electrical, Software, or Systems Engineering. After a few weeks I was invited to a two day "Hiring Invitational" in Boston which I think is Raytheons way of consolidating the recruiting process. If you're invited to this you are almost guaranteed a position.

The first day is a welcome breakfast, followed by lunch and some presentations, a tour of the Andover manufacturing facility, and then a networking meet and greet with hiring managers and other employees.

Second day is really only the morning where you will have your interviews with the directorates that want to talk to you. You may have one or two already scheduled for the morning but you can easily pick up additional interviews at the networking event the night before.

After its all done you'll hear within a week about offer(s).

Interview Questions

• Tell us about the school or internship project you liked the most?   Answer Question
    • Mostly just questions about my various projects, be able to speak to your resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

Was invited to a two day "Hiring Event" at a resort in Tucson where they try to sell you on the company and on living in Tucson. There were about 500 people at this event.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Went over employment history and how it relates to the job. The interviewer was a woman and extremely rude. She kept on asking why I left my former jobs if it was because I was fired?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in June 2018.

Interview

I was invited to a 3-day hiring event in Tucson. The company flew me out there and paid for all of my expenses to get to the hotel where the interview was. The hotel I stayed at was amazing and beautiful. The whole experience was very eye-opening to what the company does. They are very invested in new talent and the interview is composed of a panel of 2-3 people from the department you applied to. The interview will be a whole day thing, each interview will take about an hour and depending on how many positions you applied to, you might be able to interview for all of the positions in one day if possible.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with a difference of opinions with a manager?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in April 2013.

Interview

They was a job fair and I interviewed there and then called me on the phone and then invited me to a hiring conference in town.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you had to tell a supervisor they were wrong.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much they sent a package with the offer and that was it.

Interview

Pretty straight forward. entry level job So basically just going over your resume and the old tell me about yourself. Was Easy going and got invited in to come for a FTF

Interview Questions

Negotiation

tba

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon in April 2011.

Interview

Not bad. I met a lot of the other workers I would work with after interviewing with the manager. They all had some say in the decision I think. People were mostly cool. Overall its not a bad company and they focus on trust and respect as a culture. They gave me a good relocation package of $50k!! If you have a good manager, you are golden. But there are some micromanagers and they ruin it.

Contract Negotiator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2011.

Interview

Contacted via e-mail by a recruiter to set up phone interview, then had a phone interview with the hiring manager. Brought in for a 2nd interview and first had a very thorough review of the benefits package, which was the first time that has ever happened for me. I really appreciated it. By the way, the offices are about what you would expect for a govt contract job shop... old, dull, no frills. Then, spent an hour interviewing with the Director of Contracts, who was a very impressive professional, would have loved to work for him. The next hour was spent with one of the Sr. Contract Managers, also a very professional individual, pleasure to interview with. However... the 2nd Sr. Contract Manager that I interviewed with made me decide that I would never work at this Raytheon office until her retires. Completely unprofessional, obviously hadn't read my resume at all, but that didn't stop him from insulting my experience (instead of asking me to tell him about it). Arrogant guy who was past his prime; I wouldn't hire him to work for me, let alone me work for him. Shame, because the rest of the people seemed like really competent professionals. That was last week, haven't heard about a selection yet. Don't care, better options out there. Update: Called me and asked me to move fwd, I declined.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when...   1 Answer

One of the managers in the dept was very unprofessional in his interview with me

Contracts Interview

Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raytheon (Andover, MA) in February 2014.

Interview

There was a phone interview with the recruiter, followed by an intense 1.5 hour in-person interview with 4 Raytheon employees simultaneously (Contracts Director, Manager, Specialist, and Intern). The interview style was a barrage of questions, seeking to see how the interviewee works under stress.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest challenge in life, and how did you overcome it? What do you do on the weekends?   Answer Question

Contracts Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon (Boston, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

Be prepared to wait, but once you are selected for an interview it's not that difficult. I was extremely prepared and talked for most of the interview. Prospective employers will be phone screened, then have a one on one interview with the hiring manager. I did not have a phone screen-- instead, I had my one on one discussion then had a group panel interview.
    The interview itself was great, but it took another couple of months to start once I was selected for the job.

Contracts Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Andover, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

Two Telephone Interviews - the first is just a personal conversation and second was more work related and compatibility -- then we had a follow-up face-to-face interview with the hiring authority which was traditional in nature probing my experience and personality.

Interview Questions

• What attracted you to this job vacancy?   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?
      Are you able to relocate without assistance?   1 Answer

Contracts Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colo, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Colo, IA) in January 2015.

Interview

HR Called to verify some paper work. HR Scheduled Phone Interview with the hiring manager. A week after schedule an In Person Interview with a department's panel. HR called to check up on the interview and will be calling shortly.