Raytheon Systems Engineer/Internship Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 20, 2018

2.6

904 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

DCGS-A Field Support Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

Interview began with asking general questions about me, and why I applied for that exact position. The entire interview process was very thorough. In total, it lasted nearly an hour and a half.

Interview Questions

• They asked very detailed Linux coding questions, and VMware based questions   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Raytheon

Systems Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

I did a brief phone interview, during which I was asked standard questions such as what are my interests in systems engineering, do I like working with a team, etc... Then was invited to a ~2 day hiring event in Tucson, where there were approximately 270 other potential candidates interviewing for other roles. On the first night there was a special dinner where candidates could speak to other departments and pick up other interviews they'd like to pursue. The atmosphere was very relaxed and the employees seem to really enjoy speaking with us. On the final day, the interviews were conducted. The interviewer for one of the roles told me that I'll get an offer right while he walked me out the door, but most people find out if they got offers a day later (or maybe that very night). The questions asked were mostly behavioral; the few technical questions I got were not difficult at all. At the very worst they'll ask you questions that are covered in freshman/sophomore level engineering classes. Overall the process was very smooth, I really appreciate the effort Raytheon put in to wow the candidates.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral questions and technical questions from your freshman/sophomore level engineering classes.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon in December 2017.

Interview

Applied online, followed by a phone interview asking basic questions of why i wanted to work there. Also about background, availability, and why the location. Overall basic intro talks to gauge interest in the position.

Interview Questions

• When have you successfully lead a team?   2 Answers

Systems Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Waltham, MA).

Interview

I applied to Raytheon last year and got interviewed at the beginning of this year. The interview was pretty typical. They went over my resume, asked me common interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Do you like to work by yourself or with a team?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in December 2017.

Interview

Phone interview and then a basic “behavioral interview” to make sure I was a good fit for the team. They paid for me to fly out and my hotel. The process was nice and easy.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Raytheon (El Segundo, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

I interviewed on campus and received an onsite interview 2 months later in El Sengundo, CA. Interview questions focused on technical expertise, project experience, etc. The interviewers were all rushed for time and focused on asking questions so there was not much time to have a conversation/ask questions to the technical managers.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

Invited to hiring event in Boston MA. Spent two days learning about the company, interviewing, touring facilities etc. Great experience, wonderful people, very reasonable interviews. Interviews felt more like a conversation.

Interview Questions

• What was one challenge you faced as a leader and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied never heard anything. I have many years of experience and was contacted by a recruiter for the company. The way a company responds to potential employees speaks volumes. If they do not respect people enough to give them even the most basic rejection letter how will they respect you as an employee? Future contact will be ignored in kind.

Finance Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

I applied through the my University Careers website. The first interview is around 30-45 minutes and is all behavioral. Different scenarios about leadership and making decisions. The second round, they fly you to a close location to interview at one of their offices and you get to meet other people within the company. Similar questions as original interview and all interviews are more conversations.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

I had to pass a phone interview, and then was requested to attend the two day long hiring event. I had three interviews, two of the three were strictly behavioral questions with maybe one or two technical questions. The first interview was almost entirely technical questions. All of the members found out within 24 hours if they were going to be getting an offer or not.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you worked in a team that did not work well together?   1 Answer
    • What is your greatest project that you have worked on?   1 Answer