Raytheon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 14, 2018

2.6

Director of Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Raytheon (Dulles, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

Telephone Interviews; first hiring manager failed to show up to the first of two interviews scheduled; subsequent hiring manager did a 30 phone interview followed by in person 30 days later.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Raytheon (Boston, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone interview for about 1/2 to 1 hour with 2-3 employees. Questions from each around 2-3 interviewers. Great to work with and interview was mostly conversational. Know the job description of the position you are applying to, and I would incorporate that info into your answers heavily.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

I interviewed for Raytheon at an on-campus interview shortly before graduation. They used a classic, scripted "behavioral" interview style which is conducive to an awkward experience and accomplishes little more than measure the candidate's capacity to BS in my opinion. Horrible experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you failed to accomplish your goals and what steps did you take to rectify the situation?

Recite a sonnet describing how your personal objectives align with the corporate objectives of Raytheon.

Compose a haiku describing how your moral values will integrate with Raytheon's ethics policies.   Answer Question
    • Recite a sonnet describing how your personal objectives align with the objectives of Raytheon.   Answer Question
    • Compose a haiku describing how your moral values will integrate with the ethical objectives of Raytheon.   Answer Question

Electrical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raytheon (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Interest in my submitted resume landed a teleconference interview. Afterwards, a job offer was given, but for a position in another state. Haven't heard back from them after declining.

Interview Questions

• Advantages / disadvantages to current mode controls. Drawbacks seen during startup of boost converter. Prior design experience.   1 Answer

Systems Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon in January 2015.

Interview

HR contacted me a little over a month after applying for the position. They wanted to setup a phone interview with the hiring manager. I was very flexible with my schedule, so I made them aware of that (bad mistake). They gave me a 2 day window when he would call me... I never received a call from him and until this day I have not heard back from them. The position is still open so is not like they cancelled it (as far as I can tell). I feel it is very unprofessional to not even call/e-mail to apologize or at least explain what was going on.

Not only that, but I called the HR representative the first day I was waiting for the phone call from the hiring manager. She did not answer, so I left a voice-mail asking for a call back so I could ask a quick question. She did not return my call, so I had to call back the next day. When she answered, all she said was: “Oh yeah, I got your voice-mail yesterday… did you have a question?”.

Not sure if other people had problems with them, but my overall experience with them has been extremely negative. Hopefully I am just a fluke and normally they are not this rude to their candidates. Otherwise, I hope someone (with authority) from the company reads this and does something about it.

Supply Chain Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in November 2009.

Interview

Offsite two day event focused on presentation and leadership skills.

Team Leader III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon (Andover, MA) in November 2009.

Interview

It took approximately 8 to 9 moths before I was even called for an interview. I frequented the company website and posted my resume for as many jobs as I though I was qualified for often. I even took the initiative to contact HR and express my displeasure (respectfully) as to why I had not received a call when I knew I was qualified for the positions. It took a while but I finally got a call. I received a call for a phone screening with a recruiter and then was scheduled to come in for an interview. It was definitely a commute for the interview as I was living in Waterbury CT. at the time. It was an exciting experience as I am always looking for a challenge and I never thought I would be doing or have the chance to work for a company like Raytheon on a managerial level. It was a lengthy interview process in which I had to meet with at least 5 different department hiring managers along with about 5 to 6 other potential candidates. The experience and impression I received from most of the interviewers was fair. The interviewer I wound up working for was intense however and aggressive (but respectfully so) during the interview process and asked very probing questions.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question asked was "what is your greatest perceived weakness or what would you like to improve the most?".   1 Answer

Negotiation

Unfortunately I did not negotiate anything. I believe I was a bit too anxious and did not work through the process as effectively as I should have. This could have been part of why I was not as satisfied with the overall experience.

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online in about August 2015, and then was directly invited to Tucson, AZ, for the interview event hosted by Missile Systems in October 2015. I skipped the phone call interview portion, but that was because I already had a summer internship at Northrop Grumman most likely.

The event itself was very fun and very welcoming, they often implied you already had the position set. It spanned over two days and was primarily at a hotel (Star Pass), we did get to have a tour of the Missile Systems facility in Tucson though (which was awesome). I initially got invited to interview for a different summer internship, but they hosted a networking event with the different functions at Raytheon the night before interview day (the second day), where I got an interview with the Finance team. It was a tough interview as I didn't have a finance background, but it ended up being the internship I was offered (and I also took). They give a nice relocation package and help get you out there, along with helping you meet other interns and new hires (I interned summer 2016 in Tucson, AZ).

Definitely the best internship I ever had (and I've had a few under my belt) and a stellar aerospace/manufacturing company. I would treat any offer given seriously as even many of my friends at other big name companies were impressed about my experience and what I was offered.

Interview Questions

• What classes and experiences would benefit you in a role as such?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Raytheon (El Segundo, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

I interviewed on campus and received an onsite interview 2 months later in El Sengundo, CA. Interview questions focused on technical expertise, project experience, etc. The interviewers were all rushed for time and focused on asking questions so there was not much time to have a conversation/ask questions to the technical managers.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (El Segundo, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

The process took an entire day to complete with a break for lunch in between. First half introduced the company and their beliefs, after lunch began the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between C and C++?   1 Answer
    • What is an overloaded operator?   1 Answer