Raytheon Systems Engineer/Internship Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 23, 2017

2.6

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

I interviewed for Raytheon at an on-campus interview shortly before graduation. They used a classic, scripted "behavioral" interview style which is conducive to an awkward experience and accomplishes little more than measure the candidate's capacity to BS in my opinion. Horrible experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you failed to accomplish your goals and what steps did you take to rectify the situation?

Recite a sonnet describing how your personal objectives align with the corporate objectives of Raytheon.

Compose a haiku describing how your moral values will integrate with Raytheon's ethics policies.
    Answer Question
  • Recite a sonnet describing how your personal objectives align with the objectives of Raytheon.   Answer Question
  • Compose a haiku describing how your moral values will integrate with the ethical objectives of Raytheon.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Raytheon

Electrical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raytheon (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Interest in my submitted resume landed a teleconference interview. Afterwards, a job offer was given, but for a position in another state. Haven't heard back from them after declining.

Interview Questions

• Advantages / disadvantages to current mode controls. Drawbacks seen during startup of boost converter. Prior design experience.   1 Answer

Systems Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon in January 2015.

Interview

HR contacted me a little over a month after applying for the position. They wanted to setup a phone interview with the hiring manager. I was very flexible with my schedule, so I made them aware of that (bad mistake). They gave me a 2 day window when he would call me... I never received a call from him and until this day I have not heard back from them. The position is still open so is not like they cancelled it (as far as I can tell). I feel it is very unprofessional to not even call/e-mail to apologize or at least explain what was going on.

Not only that, but I called the HR representative the first day I was waiting for the phone call from the hiring manager. She did not answer, so I left a voice-mail asking for a call back so I could ask a quick question. She did not return my call, so I had to call back the next day. When she answered, all she said was: “Oh yeah, I got your voice-mail yesterday… did you have a question?”.

Not sure if other people had problems with them, but my overall experience with them has been extremely negative. Hopefully I am just a fluke and normally they are not this rude to their candidates. Otherwise, I hope someone (with authority) from the company reads this and does something about it.

Supply Chain Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in November 2009.

Interview

Offsite two day event focused on presentation and leadership skills.

Team Leader III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon (Andover, MA) in November 2009.

Interview

It took approximately 8 to 9 moths before I was even called for an interview. I frequented the company website and posted my resume for as many jobs as I though I was qualified for often. I even took the initiative to contact HR and express my displeasure (respectfully) as to why I had not received a call when I knew I was qualified for the positions. It took a while but I finally got a call. I received a call for a phone screening with a recruiter and then was scheduled to come in for an interview. It was definitely a commute for the interview as I was living in Waterbury CT. at the time. It was an exciting experience as I am always looking for a challenge and I never thought I would be doing or have the chance to work for a company like Raytheon on a managerial level. It was a lengthy interview process in which I had to meet with at least 5 different department hiring managers along with about 5 to 6 other potential candidates. The experience and impression I received from most of the interviewers was fair. The interviewer I wound up working for was intense however and aggressive (but respectfully so) during the interview process and asked very probing questions.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question asked was "what is your greatest perceived weakness or what would you like to improve the most?".   1 Answer

Negotiation

Unfortunately I did not negotiate anything. I believe I was a bit too anxious and did not work through the process as effectively as I should have. This could have been part of why I was not as satisfied with the overall experience.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon (Washington, DC) in January 2013.

Interview

Very through process with multiple screenings by HR and Directors. Sometimes unclear why I was speaking with certain Directors as they seemed uninterested in the process. Very few technical questions, mostly wanted to know my Rolodex and ability to capture work.

Senior EHS Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raytheon (Denver, CO) in June 2013.

Interview

Interview by phone, followed by interview in office. Took almost eight hours. A number of tests were given, broken up by an interview panel, and lastly interviews with individuals. Part of the interview was conducted over lunch which can throw some people off.

Cyber Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raytheon (Dulles, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

3 hour technical interview with code audit, reverse engineering exercises, multiple teams of interviewers, very free flowing and they let you sell yourself, very friendly and more focused on your actual ability than your certs or other credentials

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in McKinney, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (McKinney, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

Lengthy and thorough. Did not have to many complex questions but was very detailed oriented to the type of familiarity with the company not necessarily the position being applied for. So seemed a little unusual but after further thoughts made a lot of sense on their needs for employees to understand broader capacities of organization.

Interview Questions

• Radom for applying for this type of position   1 Answer

Calibration Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

Submitted my resume on their website, did a phone interview a few days later, went to Raytheon in Tucson to take a test for qualification, passed the test and did an interview in person. Hardest part is the test. Know your stuff.

Interview Questions

• What training and experience did I have. This is a technical job, not a customer service job. They want to make sure you know metrology and calibration.   Answer Question