Raytheon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 14, 2017

2.6

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in July 2017.

Interview

The hiring event was at the Marriot, and the HR folks were over the top professional and courteous. However, meeting and talking with the engineering leads and managers revealed a nasty culture of insecure jerks who play games and are less than professional. One of them tried playing "Stump the Chump" in his quest to get me to say the exact thing he had on his mind. Except he was wrong, and he lost badly. He was so far out of his element of expertise, and he had no idea that the very topic he was trying to mock me with was the very one I have a US patent in.....So Raytheon used to be known as the employer of complete jerks for managers and little backstabbing insecure small minded people as minions. Not much has changed.

Interview Questions

• I am your manager, and I disagree with you. How are you going to change my mind?

You don't know what the problem is, but how would you fix it?

Since we only work with rockets here, how will your previous experience help you function? (note, my experience was a lot wider and varied than just rockets, so the question was more of an insult than a question) Anyone with experience in anything would have no trouble making useful engineer decisions in a rocket manufacturing role. It's not rocket science after all..... it's simple assembly and tooling and testing

How have you dealt with a coworker you don't agree with? (Ironic this question got asked, because the 3 interviewers seemed to have no idea how to even ask normal questions without being unpleasant and generally negative. They constantly rolled eyes, lied, gave PC answers-more lying, and emitted a body language that said they were miserable interacting with real people who have real skills and experience.)   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

I attended Raytheon's engineering open house. Upon arrival, my resume was given to a hiring manager, then I was called to a different room and was interviewed by a lead engineer. He asked me basic Java questions, what I know about the technologies I listed on my resume, and projects that I have developed.

Business Development Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

One-on-one interview with the VP. Informal and conversational style that allows the applicant to get a feel for the position as well as the prospective boss. HR does a good job setting everything up and seems very responsive, but it appears to be a deliberately slow process.

Interview Questions

• No standard interview questions, but the applicant can still weave in their talking points   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Raytheon (Huntsville, AL) in February 2017.

Interview

Great questions and no one was trying to make me fail. Very respectful of my work in academics.
    Mostly on data and statistical modelling
    SAS and PAAS in general
    Intelligent interviewers
    I can't write more than this. Please remove this 30 words limit. Some of us can say a lot in less words. We don't have to go on and on and on and on about nothing.

Interview Questions

• data analysis models, SAS, statistical analysis   1 Answer

Software Engineer II Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

Was flown out for an interview in Tucson AZ for a large hiring event. We were given a tour pf the facility and had a networking event. Stayed a total of 3 days. Final day was the interview. Interviewed for multiple positions. Was asked to give descriptions of past work and projects. Behavioral questions were also asked. No coding or whiteboarding. Very laid back. Was given an offer for all jobs I applied for related to software about 3 hours after leaving the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you handled a difficult situation or employee on a project.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Raytheon (Kansas City, MO) in April 2017.

Interview

Two Interviews. Interviewers asked questions pertaining to academic (school projects/ research) and internship experience. Interviewer also asked questions to gain a better idea of my interests to determine whether I was a good fit

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raytheon (Orlando, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

very straightforward and easy process . applied in December and since it was a holiday month it took a month from them to reply .
    face to face followed by an offer
    very positive interview . I always wanted to get in Raytheon and was happy when i got the offer .
    you have to be a US citizen to get in the company and the background procedure can take a while .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raytheon (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2017.

Interview

Typically phone interview with skills set. The interview panel ask more behavior questions.Even hiring person has no clue about Software Engineering.They are also old type of mentality for hiring.Very bad hiring process.

Director of Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Raytheon (Dulles, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

Telephone Interviews; first hiring manager failed to show up to the first of two interviews scheduled; subsequent hiring manager did a 30 phone interview followed by in person 30 days later.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Raytheon (Boston, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone interview for about 1/2 to 1 hour with 2-3 employees. Questions from each around 2-3 interviewers. Great to work with and interview was mostly conversational. Know the job description of the position you are applying to, and I would incorporate that info into your answers heavily.