Raytheon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Raytheon Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2017

2.6

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

All I had was a phone screening. They called me back within the week to let me know I got the position. Lots of behavioral questions, but no real technical questions about programming. Also make sure to know OOP concepts.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked in a team setting that wasn't supportive?   Answer Question

Management Assistant Senior Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

Panel interview but everyone was engaged and respectful. Everyone on the panel was relating to each others questions and my answers. I recommend making sure to arrive early enough to get through all of the security screenings.

Interview Questions

• They really went over my resume and asked in depth questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raytheon (Dallas, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Talked about the company/team. Then talked about almost every possible question around my resume. One C-based coding question. Remember the base C until functions. Interviewed by committee of 4-5 people. Short 'About Us' video before interview.

Interview Questions

• With a given a pointer to a large enough array of bytes. Patch the given objects into this single byte array.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I interviewed at Raytheon (Richardson, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Very professional. First round was a campus screening, then a second interview in their facility. This second interview is followed by a lunch provided by a HR staff. After that, final result was emailed within a few days.

Interview Questions

• Where are the logic flaws given this code?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Had received an email from HR saying they wanted to interview me. Had 2 phone interviews, both involved technical questions, no coding questions, along with some behavioral, questions about my resume/past experience. First interview went well so had me do a second phone interview with Hiring Manager, which included more technical questions, some open ended questions, plus more behavioral questions. Currently still waiting for reply, will update when I get news.

Interview Questions

• Questions about resume and some technical OOP questions plus some open ended questions about design.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied in the beginning of February, 2017. About 3 weeks after applying I received an email from a recruiter asking to set up a phone screening interview to determine if I was to be invited to a hiring event scheduled for the end of the next month. The screening was set up for a couple days later. The interview was with a senior engineer and was to last 30-45 minutes, but ended up lasting about an hour as it felt more like a conversation than an interview. I was asked mainly about myself as well as some hypothetical behavioral questions and items on my resume. At the end of the screening I was given an opportunity to ask questions and was told a recommendation would be put forward for me to attend the hiring event.

A week later I received an email from another recruiter officially inviting me to the hiring event. It was to be a 2 day event, and I was asked if I was available for those days as I was required to attend both. I was also asked to send a copy of my unofficial transcript to confirm my GPA was above 3.0. A couple days after confirming my availability and GPA I received a call from the recruiter. He explained a general schedule for the event as well as the interview process and how to set up travel arrangements. After the call I received 2 emails, one further explaining the event and travel and a second with a more detailed employment application. Travel was billed directly to Raytheon and included 2 nights at the hotel that the event would take place, round trip plane tickets, and a car rental. Other items such as meals, gas, parking, and checked baggage fees were eligible for reimbursement if they met certain criteria.

I arrived a day ahead of time in order to settle in before the event, and was given the opportunity to check-in with Raytheon security that evening in order to skip the lines the next day. Security check-in was required for the tours that were scheduled for the next day. I also picked up a preliminary schedule for my interviews. I was surprised to find I had another interview scheduled in addition to the one I had been invited for (I'm still not sure how that happened).

The first day of the event consisted of security check-in and the opportunity to talk to employees, local realtors, employee resource groups, and the benefits and relocation teams. This was followed by a lunch where the VP of Engineering spoke. After the VP, a panel of engineers at varying career stages answered questions from the 250+ attendees. There was a mix of those seeking internships and co-ops as well as full-time employment. Right after were the tours, split into small groups based on the department that had invited us for an interview. We stopped at 2 locations before meeting everyone at the "culture room" where we could learn more about employee learning programs, resource groups, etc. Our tour guides, who were Raytheon employees, told us that if you made it to the event there was a position open for you IF you were able to prove you are a fit for the company. In other words, you weren't competing with the people around you for a handful of spots, but rather trying to show what you could offer Raytheon. We returned to the hotel and shortly after had a networking "dinner" (heavy hors d'oeuvres) where we could talk to our interviewers or talk to other departments to try to get more interviews. You could have up to 5 total.

The day of the interviews there was a mandatory early breakfast. You didn't have to eat, but there was some information given. New interview schedules were handed out. They explained that everyone would receive a "yes" or "no" email by the end of the day. If you interviewed with multiple departments and had more than one interested in giving an offer, you would be allowed to pick between them but would only received a single "financial offer". The offer would arrive within 3 weeks. The interviews themselves were pretty straight forward. You had a panel interview with 2-3 engineers/hiring managers/HR reps that lasted about 45 minutes. There were some unexpected substitutions, but at least 1 of the interviewers I had spoken to the night before were still on my panel for both of my interviews. Both interviews were entirely behavioral, although I had spoken to some other candidates that had had more technical interviews with different departments. There were no "what's your greatest strength/weakness" type questions, thankfully. I felt very at ease during the interviews because I had gotten to know my interviewers at the networking dinner, and everyone was very friendly. The only problem I had with the event was that late check-out was not available due to the volume of candidates leaving on the same day, and I had to check-out in between my interviews, which was a little stressful. Thankfully the hotel held my bags during my last interview.

I received my "yes" email a few hours after the event ended, and an official written offer was emailed a little over a week later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time during one of your team projects when [challenge/failure/bad teammate] happened and how you [learned from/overcame/handled] it.   Answer Question
    • Why Raytheon?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years? (Phone screening)   Answer Question

University Programs: Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon (El Segundo, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

applied online and 2 months later got an email asking me to come to location for in person interviews.. Was there for about 3 or 4 hours and had 3 rounds of in person interviews with a brief overview of the company before hand

Modeling, Simulation & Analysis Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

Hiring event out in Tucson. 45 minute interview with 3 hiring managers. One of them took notes about what you are saying, and they all ask questions. Some technical questions, some behavioral.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied at my campus's career fair. Then interviewed on campus with 2 people (completely behavioral interview). Then got invited out to the Raytheon hiring event and had another interview on site.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell us about a time when you had a conflict with a team member.   Answer Question
    • Q: What makes good code?   Answer Question
    • Lots of questions about the projects on my resume and previous work experience. This probably consisted of 80% of the interview.   Answer Question

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

I talked to a recruiter in the Software Engineering department at an on-campus job fair, and gave him my resume. About a week later, I received a call from the Software Engineering department. They told me that they liked my resume and would like to invite me to a "hiring event" (during which they would be interviewing numerous candidates for numerous open positions throughout all of the departments in Tucson, AZ). I also received calls from two other groups (both within the systems test department). During the calls, I was asked about my graduation date, grades, and if I planned to stay in Tucson (I live there now). Each of the callers also provided me with information about their group and department. During one of the calls, I was also asked to discuss some of the research I am currently doing.

The hiring event was a 2-day process. During the first day, we learned about Raytheon through a plant tour and several informative sessions. There was a meet-and-greet style event in the evening. The second day was reserved for interviews. All of my interviews were primarily behavioral, I had hardly any technical questions asked of me. There was ample time for me to ask any questions I had. In nearly all of the interviews, it seemed that answering my questions was their priority.

We found out the evening of the interviews if we would receive any offers. The details of the offer came about 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about *x* project that you worked on. (and they chose a project from my resume) Various questions stemmed from that (such as, what was a challenge? How did you handle working with others? How did you handle conflicts? What, exactly, was your role?)   Answer Question