Raytheon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

289 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Electrical Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

A HR will call you to schedule phone interview. If you pass phone interview, you will get invited by another HR who will ask you to go a Hiring event at JW Marriott. Go there, you will get security debriefing, fingerprinted, etc. The first day is an 8 hour event. You will plant tour for about 3 hours, assuming proven US Citizenship. and the last 2 hours is a networking session that is a complete waste of time unless you are lucky to catch the other department heads in a good mood. You will be exhausted by the first day. And you may leave earlier than the end of the networking session. Now if you make it to the interview day, You better hope you don't get the earliest time after breakfast. Unfortunately for me this was the case. You can get more than 1 interviews but like i said it's a crap shoot on the night for networking/reception.

Another thing I should mention is, If you already have clearance your in good shape but it doesn't guarantee your interview to go smoothly.

By the way interview is primarily behavioral for EE level 1. No Technical Questions will be asked.

FLDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Waltham, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied through my school's career services website and was invited to interview on campus. It was a 1-on-1 interview that lasted about 45 minutes. The questions were all just standard behavioral ones, nothing difficult. I received a call a day or two later letting me know I had been selected for a final round interview. There was a dinner reception and then you either interviewed the next day or the day after that. The final round interview consisted of four 30 minute interviews, two with finance managers and two with the people who run the program. Again, just standard behavioral questions for the most part. They got back to candidates within a few business days to let us know if we had gotten an offer.

If you plan on applying for this position, just be aware that you'll be competing for spots with people who have already interned there. It seemed like most of the current FLDPs had interned there previously, so I really felt like I was at a disadvantage having not done so.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral questions plus some questions about the company and the industry. Definitely know why you want to work at Raytheon and why that specific program.   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

Normal interview questions were asked not to wear a suit because they said they only wear casual. I would wear a suit if it is not the Indianapolis Location though

Financial Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

First interview consists of a 45 minute interview on campus. Mostly behavioral and felt like a conversation. They are mostly looking for a fit and someone who is passionate about the company. Make sure to be ready to speak on leadership positions or roles.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon in October 2017.

Interview

You start off with an initial phone screening. Most of these questions are behavioral and not technical. They try to get a feel for potential employees before inviting them on site for interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when genuinely mad and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Information Assurance Specialist Interview

Application

Interview

I applied online through their career website. Received an email inviting me to attend a two-day hiring even in Tucson at Starr Pass Resort and asking me to submit my transcripts as I'm a senior in college in addition to a second application. If traveling from out of town, Raytheon covers travel, lodging, food, and any taxi services used. First day was a security briefing that including fingerprinting and citizenship approval, lunch, a limited tour of the Raytheon campus, and a networking event with heavy hors d'oeuvres. The second day was breakfast and interviews started at 8 am sharp. The interview was with two managers from the department and was about 50 minutes long with the last 10 dedicated to my questions for them. The questions ranged from situational, to behavioral, and questions about my past like internships, work experience, and how those related or have helped grow professionally. Received a decision email the same day.

Interview Questions

• Who is someone you lean on for career advice or long-term goals?   1 Answer
    • What is the difference between volatile and non-volatile memory?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

I had two interviews for two different Electrical Engineering positions, but I'll review both interviews here for the sake of following the community guidelines.

I applied Online, and within a couple of days, two hiring managers called me for a screening type phone interview; and at the end of each phone call, they both invited me to their Hiring Event in Tucson. They flew me in for the two day event, which consisted of informational presentations, a facilities tour, a networking event (that can be extremely beneficial if taken advantage of, as you could 'score' more interviews for the next day) and finally the interviews on the morning of the second day.

My first interview was a panel interview with the Hiring Manager (Engineer) and another engineer from that department; fairly technical interview, since it was mainly an analog design position; very light on the behavioral side. Literally out of the 45 minutes allotted for the interview, like 30-35 were technical questions, which I personally didn't mind, since I genuinely love the topics covered; I wished the interview could have lasted longer though, since I only had the chance to very few questions.

The second interview was another panel interview with the Department Head, the Hiring Manager (Engineer) and another senior engineer from the respective department of this interview; not a single technical question, the interview flowed like a regular conversation, which lasted for the allotted 45 mins.

A good thing is that they let you know wether or not you're getting an offer on the very same day you interview.

Interview Questions

• First Interview (Electrical Engineer):
      Electronics & Power Electronics questions, they mainly asked me to draw different circuits (and explain some of the theory behind it) like:
      - DC-DC Converters (Boost, Bucks, Buck-Boost)
      - DC-AC Inverters
      - Rectifiers (AC-DC converters)
      - OpAmps (Inverting, Non-Inverting, Differential)
      - Different Transistors in various of their configurations (BJT, MOSFETs, IGBTs; PnP, NpN, etc..)
      - Transistor-based Amplifier configurations (Common source, Common Emitter, so on so forth)
      - And of course, the typical going over your school projects   Answer Question
    • Second Interview (Components Engineer):
      Mainly behavioral questions to see how you fit in with their department.   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Richardson, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online through their website and got an on site interviews about 4 weeks later at their Richardson Locations. I interviewed with the project manager and a senior engineer. The interview was relax and more of a conversation then an actual interview.

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Raytheon (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

the interview was good. Asked me what I did during my college year, projects, and extra curriculum. The guy told me bunch of things he is doing to show me what he expect from me

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

Referred by an employee for a new role in development and was contacted by a corporate recruiter who did an initial phone screen which lasted about 30 minutes. Questions included strong probe on my salary requirements and explaining the job had a VP title with Director level pay which did not make the role as attractive. Recruiter then sent the job description a few days later and was a bit frantic to schedule a phone interview with the hiring manager and HR which was done within a few days.

Sixty minute phone interview with the hiring manager was a bit one sided, acronym filled and difficult to get a word in edge wise but I was able to ask some questions which were answered tersely and with limited detail. HR person was silent and didn’t ask any questions or participate in the discussion. An hour after the call the recruiter requested email feedback on how it went and I provided my input noting I was interested to continue the discussion. That was the last I have heard from the organization, a follow-up email and phone call to the recruiter went unacknowledged as well as an email to the hiring manager. I found this very unprofessional, especially for a VP level position.