Raytheon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

838 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in July 2017.

Interview

The hiring event was at the Marriot, and the HR folks were over the top professional and courteous. However, meeting and talking with the engineering leads and managers revealed a nasty culture of insecure jerks who play games and are less than professional. One of them tried playing "Stump the Chump" in his quest to get me to say the exact thing he had on his mind. Except he was wrong, and he lost badly. He was so far out of his element of expertise, and he had no idea that the very topic he was trying to mock me with was the very one I have a US patent in.....So Raytheon used to be known as the employer of complete jerks for managers and little backstabbing insecure small minded people as minions. Not much has changed.

Interview Questions

• I am your manager, and I disagree with you. How are you going to change my mind?

You don't know what the problem is, but how would you fix it?

Since we only work with rockets here, how will your previous experience help you function? (note, my experience was a lot wider and varied than just rockets, so the question was more of an insult than a question) Anyone with experience in anything would have no trouble making useful engineer decisions in a rocket manufacturing role. It's not rocket science after all..... it's simple assembly and tooling and testing

How have you dealt with a coworker you don't agree with? (Ironic this question got asked, because the 3 interviewers seemed to have no idea how to even ask normal questions without being unpleasant and generally negative. They constantly rolled eyes, lied, gave PC answers-more lying, and emitted a body language that said they were miserable interacting with real people who have real skills and experience.)   1 Answer

MIR Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Texas, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Raytheon (East Texas, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

Relaxed teleconference facilitated meeting, however, unorganized to an extent with litlle to no continuity of appropiate levels of authority/ sections ie: Taxes, Onboarding, Medical Exams, Talent Recquisition, and Document Acquirement.

Interview Questions

• Familiarity with system configuration, troubleshooting, and theory of operation.   1 Answer

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon (Aurora, CO) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online for University Programs in July 2017 and interviewed at Raytheon in Aurora, Colorado. The process took about 2 months. I was contacted for a phone interview about a month after I applied, in which interviewers asked basic behavioral questions and tested basic knowledge on object-oriented programming principles. I was invited to an onsite interview afterwards, in which I talked to the same people from the phone. Questions were more or less the same, except more in depth. They asked me to write pseudo code for generating the nth prime number and calculating n factorial. They didn't care too much about finding the most optimal solution and mostly wanted to see how you think when you solve a problem. Overall, the interview was very easy, and the engineers I talked to were very friendly and polite. I was given an unofficial offer 2 days after my interview, followed by an official letter in the following week.

Interview Questions

• n factorial - what happens if you pass a negative number or max int into function?   Answer Question
    • nth prime number - generate, print, store n prime numbers   Answer Question
    • What was your favorite/least favorite class?   Answer Question
    • What is your preferred method of communication?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone interview followed by in person group interview. Group interview was part of a hiring event. All personality based questions that came from a list they read from. Okay experience overall.

Interview Questions

Interview

3 interviewer panel followed by interview with Sr Manager. First was local, second had to be done at business headquarters. Questions focused on work ethic, technical experience and values and behaviors.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite part of ypur college studies?   1 Answer

Senior Instructor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

Good, very straight forward. I was asked about my background, my education, my career goals, and my salary requirements/expectations. I was allowed to ask quite a few questions of my own and the whole climate was very relaxed.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

I wouldn't say casual but better than I expected. I had a panel for different jobs and they all asked me questions about my experience in related areas after given me a brief description on what the overall job goal was.

Interview Questions

• What was one of the most challenging projects I ever worked on?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raytheon in June 2017.

Interview

The interview was conducted over the phone with 2 Raytheon personnel. We spent an hour talking about my skills and experience, and what they were looking for. It was a casual yet in-depth discussion, that was very productive.

Interview Questions

• They asked about specific programs I had work done in the past since I am a previous Raytheon employee.   1 Answer

Systems Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Raytheon (Richardson, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

The process was very easy. I received an email about a open house in Texas. I RSVP'd and attended the event. I interviewed with one manager, and was offered a job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• The interview was easy and short. I barely remember the questions. I think they just asked why I wanted the job and why Raytheon   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Raytheon (El Segundo, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Standard in person interview. I had a 45 minute interview with two hiring managers. The interview was very casual and focused on talking about my resume. The rest of the interview consisted of some basic questions and the end included questions that I had for the hiring managers.