Raytheon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 15, 2017

2.6

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raytheon (New York, NY).

Interview

Was taken to a room and asked technical questions for an hour. Then another interviewer came and asked more technical questions and questions based on my resume. Overall both interviewers were nice and helpful. Never heard back.

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Dallas, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

1: Recruiter phone screen a few weeks after submitting my resume online. Brief questions about skills, projects and prior work experience listed on resume. Scheduled an on-site interview for a few weeks afterwards.

2: On-site interview. Basic introduction to company structure and departments, then four 1:1 interviews which felt more like conversations than actual interviews. Received an offer several days later.

Interview Questions

• Know your resume inside and out; most questions are going to be about projects, work experience, skills, etc. Standard STAR questions with a few basic tech interview questions (relatively easy).   Answer Question

Systems Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in December 2016.

Interview

Interview process took 3 weeks in total. First had a phone interview screen with a recruiter, talked about the company, department, and my background. Got contacted next week by email inviting me to a hiring event. Interviewed with 7 people in total, took about 5 hours.

Interview Questions

• What is your background in object oriented programming?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tewksbury, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tewksbury, MA).

Interview

Came in for an "interview day" with a number of other candidates. Interviewed across five different departments, each interview was one-on-one and about half an hour long. In total my visit lasted about four or five hours. Interviews were pretty casual, not too much pressure, and the interviewers themselves were quite conversational.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Raytheon?   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

It was relatively painless.I spoke to someone very friendly on the phone and enjoyed the conversation immensely. I was able to ask questions about the interviewer's experiences with the company as well. Overall this was a positive experience where I was able to learn a lot about the work-life balance of the employees. Also, I learned that the open environment that the company prides in was true which made me much more comfortable accepting the internship after I was offered it.

Interview Questions

• They asked me some technical questions, but the overall focus was on me as a student and a person.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Nonexistent

Electrical Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tewksbury, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tewksbury, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Went to a university career fair, and the recruiter sent my resume to a Raytheon engineer. One week later, HR emailed me asking to apply to the job requisition so that they could set up an interview. I ended up interviewing with three managers from one department, and didn't hear back for another four weeks. I had to email the recruiter, after which I was assigned another interview with another manager. One week later, I received an email for an onsite interview and tour. The following week, I was asked to present my transcript via email, and two weeks later, I received the rejection letter.

Electrical Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Andover, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

The first step was a phone interview with two 30-min interviews with different departments. Asked mostly technical questions.

The onsite was from 8:00-1:00PM where they first talked more about the company and what it does. Then the rest of the time is spent talking to different departments and people. They mostly asked about your past projects and experience to see where you would fit in

Embedded Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, then an all expenses paid trip to Tucson to interview. I stayed for three nights total, and Raytheon paid for everything. There was a tour and networking session one day, and interviews the next. I had four interviews total, all with different groups. Raytheon provided a lot of information and resources during the process, including access to the relocation vendor, local real-estate agents, the benefits team, Security Clearance personnel, etc.

Interview Questions

• How would you ensure a destructor was fully executed on object deletion (C++)?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (San Diego, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I had an offer from the facility in San Diego. They offered me so low offer that I can't even consider at all. So, I declined it. From my personal experience, I felt the company or the site seems to be interested in bringing engineers with very low salary. The recruiter and HR person wasn't exited to make an offer. I didn't feel they were confident about their offer.

Financial Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Andover, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email within a week requesting an interview. The interview was great. Standard financial questions. Seems like good company culture and nice people. Overall it was a good experience.