Raytheon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Raytheon Interview Questions

Updated Jan 14, 2018

2.6

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

Normal interview questions were asked not to wear a suit because they said they only wear casual. I would wear a suit if it is not the Indianapolis Location though

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Raytheon (Fort Worth, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Very nice. He asked about 25% technical questions and 75% team management questions. They first screened me to make sure I wasn't crazy before introducing me to the actual technical interviewer.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle configuration management?   1 Answer

Financial Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

First interview consists of a 45 minute interview on campus. Mostly behavioral and felt like a conversation. They are mostly looking for a fit and someone who is passionate about the company. Make sure to be ready to speak on leadership positions or roles.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon in October 2017.

Interview

You start off with an initial phone screening. Most of these questions are behavioral and not technical. They try to get a feel for potential employees before inviting them on site for interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when genuinely mad and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Information Assurance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online through their career website. Received an email inviting me to attend a two-day hiring even in Tucson at Starr Pass Resort and asking me to submit my transcripts as I'm a senior in college in addition to a second application. If traveling from out of town, Raytheon covers travel, lodging, food, and any taxi services used. First day was a security briefing that including fingerprinting and citizenship approval, lunch, a limited tour of the Raytheon campus, and a networking event with heavy hors d'oeuvres. The second day was breakfast and interviews started at 8 am sharp. The interview was with two managers from the department and was about 50 minutes long with the last 10 dedicated to my questions for them. The questions ranged from situational, to behavioral, and questions about my past like internships, work experience, and how those related or have helped grow professionally. Received a decision email the same day.

Interview Questions

• Who is someone you lean on for career advice or long-term goals?   1 Answer
    • What is the difference between volatile and non-volatile memory?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Raytheon (Austin, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview was very structural and behavioral. It was roughly 45 minutes of discussing project experience and what roles I have played. We discussed the importance of understand requirements and ensuring that they are being met across the board. I was asked to describe my view of what the role of a systems engineer is.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I have been apart of any poor performing teams with weak members and how I dealt with the situation.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

I had two interviews for two different Electrical Engineering positions, but I'll review both interviews here for the sake of following the community guidelines.

I applied Online, and within a couple of days, two hiring managers called me for a screening type phone interview; and at the end of each phone call, they both invited me to their Hiring Event in Tucson. They flew me in for the two day event, which consisted of informational presentations, a facilities tour, a networking event (that can be extremely beneficial if taken advantage of, as you could 'score' more interviews for the next day) and finally the interviews on the morning of the second day.

My first interview was a panel interview with the Hiring Manager (Engineer) and another engineer from that department; fairly technical interview, since it was mainly an analog design position; very light on the behavioral side. Literally out of the 45 minutes allotted for the interview, like 30-35 were technical questions, which I personally didn't mind, since I genuinely love the topics covered; I wished the interview could have lasted longer though, since I only had the chance to very few questions.

The second interview was another panel interview with the Department Head, the Hiring Manager (Engineer) and another senior engineer from the respective department of this interview; not a single technical question, the interview flowed like a regular conversation, which lasted for the allotted 45 mins.

A good thing is that they let you know wether or not you're getting an offer on the very same day you interview.

Interview Questions

• First Interview (Electrical Engineer):
      Electronics & Power Electronics questions, they mainly asked me to draw different circuits (and explain some of the theory behind it) like:
      - DC-DC Converters (Boost, Bucks, Buck-Boost)
      - DC-AC Inverters
      - Rectifiers (AC-DC converters)
      - OpAmps (Inverting, Non-Inverting, Differential)
      - Different Transistors in various of their configurations (BJT, MOSFETs, IGBTs; PnP, NpN, etc..)
      - Transistor-based Amplifier configurations (Common source, Common Emitter, so on so forth)
      - And of course, the typical going over your school projects   Answer Question
    • Second Interview (Components Engineer):
      Mainly behavioral questions to see how you fit in with their department.   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Richardson, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online through their website and got an on site interviews about 4 weeks later at their Richardson Locations. I interviewed with the project manager and a senior engineer. The interview was relax and more of a conversation then an actual interview.

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Raytheon (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

the interview was good. Asked me what I did during my college year, projects, and extra curriculum. The guy told me bunch of things he is doing to show me what he expect from me

Electrical Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

Was invited to a 3 day hiring event in Tucson AZ. Was invited to interview with a specific department, but was able to network with a variety of departments and ended up interviewing with 3 different departments in the same day.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you weren't successful at something?   Answer Question