Raytheon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 23, 2017

2.6

Systems Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Aurora, CO).

Interview

Applied online and received an email two weeks later see when I was available to interview. After I received an offer, it took two more weeks until I started with the company.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (College Park, MD) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online. It took about a month, and they called me to set up a phone interview. The interview lasted about 1hour. I was supposed to hear from them during the following 2 weeks but I did not.

Interview Questions

• The interview was focused on my background and experience in the field.   Answer Question

Full Time Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayaguez, PR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Raytheon (Mayaguez, PR) in February 2017.

Interview

I met the recruiters at a campus event and they asked me if i was available for an interview. The process was really straight forward behavioral questions. The interview lasted 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation where you had a problem and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (State College, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screen with the manager you'd be reporting to. Discuss typical things: skills, school work, the job. Lots of information pertaining to the specific position is classified, but that's expected with Security Clearance work. On-site, met with the manager from my phone interview, and two engineers one at a time. Asked basic questions about my resume and background. The entire process seemed to be based around making sure I wasn't bluffing about my resume and experience rather than burning my at the stake over textbook algorithm questions. Very relaxed and engaging. Everyone was very pleasant and down-to-earth about the recruiting process. Left a great impression of the type of people they hire.

Interview Questions

• Resume questions. No coding.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer was good considering the area and cost of living.

Senior Systems Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Woburn, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very organized and efficient. The in-person interview lasted 90 minutes. I felt very prepared for the interview (panel-style), and the interviewers were friendly. The questions were easy to moderate. Have examples prepared from prior jobs that highlight your skills.

Be sure to have your own questions prepared.

The entire process from application to passing the background check was 6 weeks. Accounting for Raytheon non-business days, it was 8 work days to get the phone interview, 6 work days to the person interview, 5 work days to receive the offer, and 8 work days to pass the background check requirements.

Interview Questions

• If you had to use one word to describe yourself, what would it be?   1 Answer
    • Describe your background.   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself progressing in Raytheon? Would you like to be CEO someday?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon (El Segundo, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online after speaking with an employee at my schools career fair. Interviewed once over the phone for a screening, then another scheduled phone interview a week later with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself without using any information from your resume.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tewksbury, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tewksbury, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was fairly straight forward with personality based questions. The only thing that was a bit nerve-racking at first was that it was a group of 5 people interviewing me at once but this turned out to be for the best because each of these people were from different branches of the company. They were all very nice and wanted to make sure they placed me in a position I would be happy with. Overall it was a great interview with very nice people.

Industrial Security Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Raytheon (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a two part interview first a phone interview with the hiring manager and than a VTC interview with several security personnel at the location. The questions were based on 6Sigma. Raytheon is big on that, so if you have an interview it is worth looking up what it is.

Tech Student Interview

Interview

Interviews were pretty straightforward, people were very friendly, and everyone was accommodating to any needs and issues that occurred. They got back to me very quickly, within a few days, which was even faster than they said. It was overall a very positive experience for such a large company, and I did not feel lost in the size of it.

DSP Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raytheon (New York, NY).

Interview

It was just one phone call, held directly with a DSP engineer who had the technical background. Actual interview was fairly easy, wasn't asked to program. Didn't get the offer because although I got every question right and communicated effectively, I haven't taken a single signal processing class yet.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a class and a struct?   Answer Question
    • What are the different programming interfaces that you use, and which one do you prefer more?   Answer Question