Raytheon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

262 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raytheon (New York, NY).

Interview

Was taken to a room and asked technical questions for an hour. Then another interviewer came and asked more technical questions and questions based on my resume. Overall both interviewers were nice and helpful. Never heard back.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

Had on campus interview with recruiters asking general behavioral questions, lasting about 15 min. Followed by a more extensive phone interview asking technical questions, lasting about 45 min. Finally, an in person interview in Indianapolis. The in person interview included a plant tour and was actually four 30 min interviews with four separate hiring managers over the course of 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you disagreed with someone on how to proceed with part of a project and how you resolved the situation.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in December 2016.

Interview

Interview process took 3 weeks in total. First had a phone interview screen with a recruiter, talked about the company, department, and my background. Got contacted next week by email inviting me to a hiring event. Interviewed with 7 people in total, took about 5 hours.

Interview Questions

• What is your background in object oriented programming?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon (Boston, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by a single member of an engineering team. The questions were behavioral and experience based. The interview took about twenty minutes. The first half was about my experience and resume. The second half was when I could ask questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe myself which is a standard behavioral question. Most questions were based off of my resume. The interviewer asked me to go into specific details about my research projects and what programming languages I knew.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer I University Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raytheon (El Segundo, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

HR Contacted after a month, fill out application form and schedule interview with the hiring manager. After a month, meet almost the entire team for about five hours, including lunch.

Electrical Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tewksbury, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tewksbury, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Went to a university career fair, and the recruiter sent my resume to a Raytheon engineer. One week later, HR emailed me asking to apply to the job requisition so that they could set up an interview. I ended up interviewing with three managers from one department, and didn't hear back for another four weeks. I had to email the recruiter, after which I was assigned another interview with another manager. One week later, I received an email for an onsite interview and tour. The following week, I was asked to present my transcript via email, and two weeks later, I received the rejection letter.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McKinney, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Raytheon (McKinney, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Campus tour with 4, 30 minute interviews all behavioral. Began with a group secession where we got to talk about a project we were working on. Took several months to reply

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

Three people, mostly behavioral questions. Followed a fairly typical format, as it started with introductions, then they asked me to walk them through my resume. After that, they asked me a few questions of the "explain a challenge you've had with someone on your team and how you resolved it" variety. Finally, I asked a few questions, and then I left.

Financial Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

Submitted resume on line, got call back within days, had a phone interview in another day and was invited to a hiring event. The entire process took less than two weeks. The hiring event consisted of a mixer to talk to prospective employer in a non threatening setting. Also visited the plant site. The main event was the interview with a group of hiring managers. This was the most uncomfortable situation, there were multiple positions interviewing for, there was a place set up for potential candidates, and when it was time for interviews to start, managers would come to the staging area and yell out candidate's name... this felt like cattle calling.

Product Test Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Recruiter emailed me and had me contact their travel company. They flew me to Tucson, AZ, put me up at a resort and gave me a rental car. They send out an email 1 week prior with study materials for a test. When I arrived, there were 10 other people testing for various jobs. I took the test and left. About an hour later I got a call saying I didn't pass all the categories. (7 tests, 114 questions total). I've been working on electronics with the Department of Defense for 3 years now and have more experience beforehand and I'd rate the test as rather hard. Some stuff I've never heard of like actual designing of circuit boards.