Raytheon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 13, 2017

2.8

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

I interviewed for Raytheon at an on-campus interview shortly before graduation. They used a classic, scripted "behavioral" interview style which is conducive to an awkward experience and accomplishes little more than measure the candidate's capacity to BS in my opinion. Horrible experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you failed to accomplish your goals and what steps did you take to rectify the situation?

Recite a sonnet describing how your personal objectives align with the corporate objectives of Raytheon.

Compose a haiku describing how your moral values will integrate with Raytheon's ethics policies.
      Answer Question
    • Recite a sonnet describing how your personal objectives align with the objectives of Raytheon.   Answer Question
    • Compose a haiku describing how your moral values will integrate with the ethical objectives of Raytheon.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Huntsville, AL) in April 2016.

Interview

The recruiter called and spoke with me on the phone for about 10 minutes. Then I was invited in for an in person interview with the hiring manager. I had a second phone interview (30 minutes) with the regional director.

Interview Questions

• Is there any issue that would prevent me from getting a security clearance?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Raytheon (Colorado Springs, CO) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview wasn't bad at all. The questions were fairly standard interview questions. My interviewer was cordial yet firm. I wish that the behavioral questions had been a little less personal and more focused on career ambitions. Overall, I had a pretty good experience interviewing with this company.

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Raytheon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Job Fair initial interview. Waited in line to speak with a company representative. Missed other companies meet and greets and walked away disappointed that I missed other opportunities with other companies that could of use my expertise. Next time i set-up a set time appointment so we don't feel so rushed.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 yrs?   1 Answer

Tech Support Interview

Interview

I received a phone call by one of the tech support employees and had an over the phone interview. The interview was very technical related. It came about from a career fair in which I gave the recruiter my resume and got a phone call.

Interview Questions

• They asked me a lot IT questions regarding networking and troubleshooting.   Answer Question

Cyber Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon in March 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screening used a group notepad web application and consisted solely of technical programming questions dealing with algorithm construction.

They prefer C++/C but will allow you to work in whatever language you feel you are best in.

Total time was an hour and 15 minutes.

The interviewers were patient and offered minimal guidance if stuck on a particular algorithm.

Interview Questions

• Reverse the individual words in a string maintaining case sensitivity and white space. (char array).

input[] = "Apple Banana Cherry"
      output[] = "elppA ananaB yrrehC"
      3 Answers

Budget Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Raytheon (Waltham, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

Chaotic. Got a call from a recruiter who cut me off mid-call; I had to call several times before I caught him. He then scheduled me to go in and talk to two people whose roles were not made clear. I met with the person currently covering the job in question. Towards the end of the interview, she informed me that the next person had written an email saying she wasn't coming in. No explanation, no further contact, nothing. Completely amateur and disrespectful process.

Interview Questions

• Nothing special. Just the classic "tell me about yourself"   1 Answer

Systems Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon in March 2016.

Interview

It was easy. I was just caught off guard with the call. Wasn't prepared enough to make an impression I believe. They asked about my projects and if I was willing to relocate. There wasn't any tough question but they wanted to know if I can answer anything about block diagrams and PID controller if I were to be interviewed in-person. No technical questions on the phone interview. They told me to wait two weeks for another call to set-up an in-person interview but I never received it. It's been 4 weeks, and at this point, I am a bit discouraged. However, my online job submission still says "Submission Under Review". I will update if something comes up.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate? When are you available?   1 Answer

Configuration Management Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Plano, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

I began by applying and being rejected. Then I got an email saying to apply for another job. I applied and they didn't get ahold of me until about 2 months later. A lady emailed me to do a phone interview. I did well on the phone interview and a few weeks later I went into an in-person interview. The whole process has been very laid back. I learned about the position and recited a few aspects about it to the hiring manager and they were impressed. So far I am waiting on an answer. They have mentioned having an answer 2 weeks after the In-Person but then said mid-next week I should have an answer.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the software development life cycle? What do you know about agile? What is a class that did not pertain to your degree that you enjoyed? why?   Answer Question

IT Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Dallas, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Screening interview : Video Recording.
    Questions like tell me the time when you had a difficult supervisor to work with.
    Tell me the time when you were part of a failing team.

Interview Questions

• Mostly question based on Interpersonal Skills No Technical   Answer Question