Raytheon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.8

Career Fair-Various Engineering Positions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Raytheon (Richardson, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

This was a hiring event held on May 19th, 2016 in Richardson, TX. It seemed organized and efficient and the turn out was much more than recruiters had expected. The best part about such events is that an actual human being screens your resume and if it has any relevance only then you are invited to talk to a hiring manager on the table. They were very specific in what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• Your experience does not match with what we are looking for. So did not really get an interview.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Raytheon (Richardson, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I attended the career fair on May 19th. they collected everyone's resumes in the beginning. I guess the hiring managers were looking through the resumes to see if they matched any of the open positions. After an hour I was told they don't have any job for me and I left without participating in an interview.

Entry Level Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raytheon (Marlborough, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted to schedule a phone interview 2 weeks later. I waited patiently in a quiet environment for my phone call on the scheduled time and day but I ended up waiting for longer than an hour. When I realized that they wouldn't call, I emailed the HR contact asking to reschedule. She apologized and said they would reschedule for later in the week. The next day, she told me that they would fly me out to the office in Massachusetts for an onsite interview. I agreed, traveled to the office the following week, and had an interview. I felt that the interview itself went well and I don't usually think that about most of my interviews. I waited for 2 months and I never heard back. I didn't bother to call for a follow up because I had accepted another offer from a different defense contractor.

Interview Questions

• Mostly standard behavioral questions (strengths and weaknesses? favorite and least favorite classes?)
      They asked a lot of specific questions about my previous internships and my extracurricular activities.
      Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Melbourne, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

Extensive testing prior to interview. Cordial personal interview. The interview was informal. Several members of the company participated in the process. Each panel member engaged on a one to one basis. It would have been an enjoyable company to work for. At the time, I was severely traumatized by several family problems unrelated to work. And, as a result, was not immediately available to start. The interviewers were very empathetic. I believe they would make an offer if I could reapply.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

I interviewed for Raytheon at an on-campus interview shortly before graduation. They used a classic, scripted "behavioral" interview style which is conducive to an awkward experience and accomplishes little more than measure the candidate's capacity to BS in my opinion. Horrible experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you failed to accomplish your goals and what steps did you take to rectify the situation?

Recite a sonnet describing how your personal objectives align with the corporate objectives of Raytheon.

Compose a haiku describing how your moral values will integrate with Raytheon's ethics policies.
      Answer Question
    • Recite a sonnet describing how your personal objectives align with the objectives of Raytheon.   Answer Question
    • Compose a haiku describing how your moral values will integrate with the ethical objectives of Raytheon.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Huntsville, AL) in April 2016.

Interview

The recruiter called and spoke with me on the phone for about 10 minutes. Then I was invited in for an in person interview with the hiring manager. I had a second phone interview (30 minutes) with the regional director.

Interview Questions

• Is there any issue that would prevent me from getting a security clearance?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Raytheon (Colorado Springs, CO) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview wasn't bad at all. The questions were fairly standard interview questions. My interviewer was cordial yet firm. I wish that the behavioral questions had been a little less personal and more focused on career ambitions. Overall, I had a pretty good experience interviewing with this company.

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Raytheon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Job Fair initial interview. Waited in line to speak with a company representative. Missed other companies meet and greets and walked away disappointed that I missed other opportunities with other companies that could of use my expertise. Next time i set-up a set time appointment so we don't feel so rushed.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 yrs?   1 Answer

Tech Support Interview

Interview

I received a phone call by one of the tech support employees and had an over the phone interview. The interview was very technical related. It came about from a career fair in which I gave the recruiter my resume and got a phone call.

Interview Questions

• They asked me a lot IT questions regarding networking and troubleshooting.   Answer Question

Cyber Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon in March 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screening used a group notepad web application and consisted solely of technical programming questions dealing with algorithm construction.

They prefer C++/C but will allow you to work in whatever language you feel you are best in.

Total time was an hour and 15 minutes.

The interviewers were patient and offered minimal guidance if stuck on a particular algorithm.

Interview Questions

• Reverse the individual words in a string maintaining case sensitivity and white space. (char array).

input[] = "Apple Banana Cherry"
      output[] = "elppA ananaB yrrehC"
      3 Answers