Raytheon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.6

Senior Systems Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Woburn, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very organized and efficient. The in-person interview lasted 90 minutes. I felt very prepared for the interview (panel-style), and the interviewers were friendly. The questions were easy to moderate. Have examples prepared from prior jobs that highlight your skills.

Be sure to have your own questions prepared.

The entire process from application to passing the background check was 6 weeks. Accounting for Raytheon non-business days, it was 8 work days to get the phone interview, 6 work days to the person interview, 5 work days to receive the offer, and 8 work days to pass the background check requirements.

Interview Questions

• If you had to use one word to describe yourself, what would it be?   1 Answer
    • Describe your background.   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself progressing in Raytheon? Would you like to be CEO someday?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon (El Segundo, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online after speaking with an employee at my schools career fair. Interviewed once over the phone for a screening, then another scheduled phone interview a week later with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself without using any information from your resume.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tewksbury, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tewksbury, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was fairly straight forward with personality based questions. The only thing that was a bit nerve-racking at first was that it was a group of 5 people interviewing me at once but this turned out to be for the best because each of these people were from different branches of the company. They were all very nice and wanted to make sure they placed me in a position I would be happy with. Overall it was a great interview with very nice people.

Industrial Security Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Raytheon (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a two part interview first a phone interview with the hiring manager and than a VTC interview with several security personnel at the location. The questions were based on 6Sigma. Raytheon is big on that, so if you have an interview it is worth looking up what it is.

Tech Student Interview

Interview

Interviews were pretty straightforward, people were very friendly, and everyone was accommodating to any needs and issues that occurred. They got back to me very quickly, within a few days, which was even faster than they said. It was overall a very positive experience for such a large company, and I did not feel lost in the size of it.

DSP Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raytheon (New York, NY).

Interview

It was just one phone call, held directly with a DSP engineer who had the technical background. Actual interview was fairly easy, wasn't asked to program. Didn't get the offer because although I got every question right and communicated effectively, I haven't taken a single signal processing class yet.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a class and a struct?   Answer Question
    • What are the different programming interfaces that you use, and which one do you prefer more?   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Mount Laurel, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

Received an email regarding my resume about a month after initially submitting it. a week later I had a phone interview. One more week I was brought in for an in-person interview. Both interviews were very behavioral and straightforward. Mostly asking about my resume and the work outside of classes I had done through my internship. I got an email asking to fill out a form 2 business days after the in-person interview and then got offered the position 1 week later.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any thoughts on where you see yourself in 5-10 years?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a little about a day for you at [current company].   Answer Question
    • Do you know some of the models of the software development life cycle? can you describe them?   Answer Question

Configuration Data Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Largo, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Largo, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process began with a phone screen. There were basic knowledge questions covering an ASME vocabulary. After being selected for the next steps a panel interview was scheduled. This interview had a combination of more specific knowledge questions. There were also open ended questions for handling a variety of behavioral situations.

Interview Questions

• How do you get results if an engineer is slow to provide needed information.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by HR over the phone asking me if I wanted to set up an interview on campus. Met with 6 people in total, some 1:1 and a couple 2:1 mostly behavioral questions and some technical. Got a short tour and had lunch on campus. Heard a week later about the my status.

Interview Questions

• What did you find difficult being in a leadership position?   Answer Question

Signal Processing Center Systems Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

I had a phone screen. They quickly decided I was eligible so they flew me out. I got my finger prints taken before the interview. They had to inspect my car entering the campus. I met with 4-5 engineers that day all in the SPC. Their roles varied from Engineer to Sub group lead. I had 45 mins with each engineer. Over lunch we had a longer interview but we ate and interviewed. I was exhausted by they end of the day but I did well.

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions based on experience. I talked a lot about previous internships and my senior design project I was working on.   Answer Question

I didn't want to make missiles for a living.