Raytheon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 15, 2017

2.6

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raytheon (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a 4-hour interview with three engineers and team manager. And a good lunch with all the interviewers. There were four questions about the knowledge learnt in college. They were very basic nothing difficult. Since the position is related to RF. Most of the questions are related to antenna, smith chart etc.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raytheon (San Diego, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

First I had a lengthy phone screen with someone in the department and then had an on-site interview. Took a few days for them to get back to me about the on site process.

Manufacturing Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Santa Barbara, CA).

Interview

The process for Raytheon's interviewing is becoming the more standard version of interviews for engineers.

1. Phone Interview: Spent about 30 minutes on phone with the hiring manager and engineer in the same position. The purpose of the phone call is to question you on some of your resume points, get to know you, and gives you an insight into the position so you can see whether it is a match.
    (I spent a lot of time asking questions - major key).

2. In-person Interview: Not always same in all locations. I had multiple interviews in one day with engineers, hiring manager, other managers, and many of the people that I would be working with. Entire interview process was about 6 hours. Also included a 30-45 min. technical presentation (not extremely technical, but good to share some projects, work experience and ethics, personality, presentation skills).

My best advice - be yourself. My experience was that the Raytheon employees were very friendly and already had an idea that they wanted to hire. The purpose of the interviews were to evaluate your personal and professional qualities.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
    • How well do you work in teams?   Answer Question
    • Name an experience where you had to communicate with non-engineers about technical issues. How did you communicate this effectively?   1 Answer

Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

Very conversational and fluid. Not stressful whatsoever! They are just trying to get to know you and see if you would be a good fit in their fast paced and team work environment.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

Applied online for several jobs, recruiter contacted me, then an engineer contacted me, set up a 2:1 interview over the phone, then heard back from Human Resources about status and what the next steps were

Systems Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Aurora, CO).

Interview

Applied online and received an email two weeks later see when I was available to interview. After I received an offer, it took two more weeks until I started with the company.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raytheon (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied in October through an online job board. I got a phone call interview about 3 months later when I was about to forget, which took about 35 minutes, then I received an offer about 2 months later. So the process was a bit slow.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (College Park, MD) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online. It took about a month, and they called me to set up a phone interview. The interview lasted about 1hour. I was supposed to hear from them during the following 2 weeks but I did not.

Interview Questions

• The interview was focused on my background and experience in the field.   Answer Question

Full Time Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayaguez, PR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Raytheon (Mayaguez, PR) in February 2017.

Interview

I met the recruiters at a campus event and they asked me if i was available for an interview. The process was really straight forward behavioral questions. The interview lasted 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation where you had a problem and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (State College, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screen with the manager you'd be reporting to. Discuss typical things: skills, school work, the job. Lots of information pertaining to the specific position is classified, but that's expected with Security Clearance work. On-site, met with the manager from my phone interview, and two engineers one at a time. Asked basic questions about my resume and background. The entire process seemed to be based around making sure I wasn't bluffing about my resume and experience rather than burning my at the stake over textbook algorithm questions. Very relaxed and engaging. Everyone was very pleasant and down-to-earth about the recruiting process. Left a great impression of the type of people they hire.

Interview Questions

• Resume questions. No coding.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer was good considering the area and cost of living.