Raytheon Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

2.6

74 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Raytheon (El Segundo, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Standard in person interview. I had a 45 minute interview with two hiring managers. The interview was very casual and focused on talking about my resume. The rest of the interview consisted of some basic questions and the end included questions that I had for the hiring managers.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon (El Segundo, CA).

Interview

Very relaxed but made sure you understood yourself, your projects, and basic programming principles. I had three one-on-one interviews and two of them were very conversational and it felt like they wanted me to show my best side and get the job. The last one didn't seem to understand that I'm am ENGINEER not a BUSINESS person since he asked about management and financial ideas. Still the best interview I've ever been to.

University Programs: Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon (El Segundo, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

applied online and 2 months later got an email asking me to come to location for in person interviews.. Was there for about 3 or 4 hours and had 3 rounds of in person interviews with a brief overview of the company before hand

ISSO Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raytheon (El Segundo, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Received a call from Information Systems Security Manager who told me he had reviewed my resume and wanted to set up an interview with me for the ISSO position. I called back and agreed to a date and time to be interviewed and was notified that I would receive a calendar invite immediately following the call. Sure enough, I received the calendar invite about five minutes later. The interview was set for the following Monday afternoon. I was pretty pleased that the interview would take place in a couple of days instead of a couple of weeks.

The day of the interview I arrived ten minutes early and waited in the lobby to be escorted in. My interview was scheduled for 3:30pm. At about 3:35pm a gentleman came out to greet and escort me into the conference room where the interview would take place. After arriving in the conference room, several members of what turned out to be my interview panel came in and introduced themselves to me. This was a pretty awesome experience as they introduced themselves very pleasantly. No "stuffiness" at all which helped put me at ease. Each panel member took turns asking a series of questions related to the job and my experiences. Again, this was more like a conversation than an interview. As a 19 year military veteran, they asked several questions about my duties and experiences in my current duty position. They all seemed very veteran friendly and were pleased with my answers. At the conclusion of the interview, I was asked if I had any questions for them. Of course I had questions regarding benefits and the work environment. Each one of them stressed that it was a team environment and that everyone works together to get things done. They also mentioned that the benefits package and paid vacation days were pretty good.

After the interview was complete I shook everyone’s hand, thanked them for their time and told them that I looked forward to hopefully working with them in the near future. I was then escorted back out to the lobby and was thanked for coming in for the interview. That was Monday. On Wednesday I received an email from HR with a link to a form I needed to fill out and submit. Needless to say, I was pretty shocked to hear something so fast.

<<< UPDATE to PREVIOUS REVIEW - May 4, 2017 >>>

I received an email from HR last week asking if I was still interested in the job opportunity and if so to please give them a call. This was a pleasant surprise as it had been over a month since I had last heard from them. I called HR and was surprised that they were still in the office so late. HR informed me that they were interested in hiring me and that an offer letter would be prepared and sent to me outlining the specifics and I was told the salary range they were looking to offer. I mentioned that I'd like to be hired at the higher end of the salary range and I'm pretty confident that I'll get it. I was also informed that I would likely start later this month and I'm pretty excited.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raytheon (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied in October through an online job board. I got a phone call interview about 3 months later when I was about to forget, which took about 35 minutes, then I received an offer about 2 months later. So the process was a bit slow.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon (El Segundo, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online after speaking with an employee at my schools career fair. Interviewed once over the phone for a screening, then another scheduled phone interview a week later with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself without using any information from your resume.   1 Answer

Test & Validation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon (El Segundo, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Total Joke. Arrived early and notice another candidate in the lobby. Thought he was interviewing for another position. Surprise! The interviewer came out and lead us both down the hall all the while mumbling about other interviews he either had or was about to perform. I was totally shocked and couldn't believe the lack of professionalism. I did not do well in the interview--was shaken by the interviewer's lack of respect. If this is what Raytheon is about --- NO THANKS !

Interview Questions

• Simple questions-- about what I did and what SW that I used.   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer I University Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raytheon (El Segundo, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

HR Contacted after a month, fill out application form and schedule interview with the hiring manager. After a month, meet almost the entire team for about five hours, including lunch.

Electrical Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Raytheon (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through my university career center. Got a campus interview a week after. Was asked a brain teaser: how does train turn left? Was asked an array question (coding). Other than that, the interviewer walked through my resume.

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Raytheon (El Segundo, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The company paid for travel to the location for the interview day. There were 11 candidates at the interview. Each of us had four 30 minute interviews with groups of 1 to 4 recruiters. They asked basic behavioral questions from experience on our resumes. After the interviews we had lunch with the recruiters and were given a tour of the campus. Overall it was a very friendly environment.

Interview Questions

• What career path would you like to follow, management or technical?   Answer Question