Raytheon Mechanical Engineer I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Raytheon Mechanical Engineer I Interview Questions

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Raytheon (Marlborough, MA).

Interview

I filled out an application online, and I got an email from a recruiter offering an interview. I was sent a second application and a consent form for a background check. They flew me out to their facility the next week. I interviewed with four managers from different departments. Each interview lasted about half an hour. There were three other candidates that were interviewing at the same time. All of the interviewer were helpful and friendly. I haven't heard back from them yet.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my strengths and weaknesses. All of the questions were pretty standard.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Raytheon

Mechanical Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Raytheon in June 2016.

Interview

Very straight forward process. Applied a few months ago. Received an email to come in for an interview. They paid for travel. Interviewed with 3 different people; 1 on 1 style. Basic questions right off the resume, very comfortable and relaxed. Just be honest and talk about what is on your resume.

Interview Questions

• The company is all about teamwork. What where some of your good and bad times working in a group.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Raytheon (Boston, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by two managers at once, for slightly different positions. The interview was fairly straightforward, with basic questions about my resume, really just seeing if I was a good fit for the position based on my background and career goals. Nothing too technical. The interview went well, the managers seemed to like my credentials, and I followed up soon afterwards. A few weeks went by, and upon contacting the managers again, they informed me that they hired somebody else.

Mechanical Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

It was very slow and impersonal. After an in person interview following a career fair I was in limbo for a good while before being offered a video interview. The video interview was not a 1 on 1 interview, however, it was text based questions which you replied to over webcam. They recorded your verbal responses so many hirers could see. The recorded interview felt very uncomfortable and impersonal since there was no one at the other end and it gave no opportunity to ask questions of your interviewer or develop a conversation of any sort.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a work conflict and how it was resolved.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone screening, followed by a hiring event within a couple of weeks if the process continues. The hiring event took about 2 days total; it consisted of introduction to the company, networking event, and the actual interview. The interviews were held in cubicles set up in the ball room, so mutiples interviews could be held at the same time. Mostly behavioral questions were asked, nothing technical. Most comfortable engineering interview I've had. The best thing about the hiring event is that they tell you the same day of the interview if you have an offer.

Interview Questions

• How did you solve a problem?   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

The interview process was done in two stages.

- After I applied, I was contacted by HR and I was told that I was being considered for the position. She then informed me that I had a "video interview" though the website HireView. During the interview, I dressed as if I was going to a face-to-face interview. The questions were the standard HR questions: weakness, strengths, where you see yourself in 5 years, etc. It also asked for you to describe work experience/projects, (which may have been unique to the individual).

- The same day, I was contacted by a manager to inform me that I was invited for a face-to-face interview. This process took about two weeks for me to know the details of the interview. Day of the interview: six interviewees were brought on site for to meet with three different managers. Before the interviews, we were given a presentation of what kind of work Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) does. This was followed with a tour of the manufacturing facility. We were brought back and the interviews started. Each interview lasted thirty minutes and was very conversational. To end the day, we were provided lunch and HR talked to us about benefits, etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

yes, I negotiated.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon (Dallas, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Entry level interview started as an online, "at your own time," interview your "HireVue". The interview would prompt you with a question for 30 seconds, followed by a recorded 2 minutes through your webcam. There were a total of 12 questions. The primary bulk of the difficult questions were in the middle, with multiple choice questions at the beginning (about security clearance and citizenship) and geographical questions towards the end.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you showed time management skills.   Answer Question
    • Explain a time where a teammate was unhelpful, and what you did you remedy the situation.   Answer Question
    • What else would you like us to know about you?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time where a problem arose in a project, what you did you remedy the problem, and how the overall outcome of the project benefited from your decision.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon (El Segundo, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

HR department was really responsive to emails and questions. The company paid for all travel expenses during the interview process and interviewers were very friendly while keeping me on my toes at the same time. Interviews were draining however, lasting more than an hour each with three back-to-back-to-back in very small offices with no windows.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Applied in February 2013, heard back from them in late April. Was phone interviewed then (going over resume and the work they do) and then 2 weeks later was flown in (all expenses paid) for another in person interview. In person interview was more informal. I was given a site tour by the hiring manager, met a few other employees and then HR for discussion of benefits. Was notified a week and a half later that an offer was being prepared for me.

Interview Questions

• Give me another perceived weakness, in addition to the one or two that I was prepared to answer with! I was constantly asked if I had any questions for them, so be prepared with many of your own questions as it shows interest in the position!!   Answer Question

Negotiation

I actually -did- negotiate as a college entry-level hire as I thought what was initially offered to me was a bit under average. They came back with a number that made me happy. I was quite pleased that they were able to do that for me!

Mechanical Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon in May 2013.

Interview

Applied online earlier in may and received a phone call from recruiter to schedule a phone interview with hiring manager.

phone interview was brief and talked about my experience using CAD and product design and why I want to work at Raytheon.

Waited a week for response and I have to take the initiative to call the hiring manager and HR recruiter to receive status. Obviously when applicant call in, you often hear a rejection.

Interview Questions

• just go over resume and talked about projects   1 Answer