Raytheon Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Raytheon Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

I interviewed for Raytheon at an on-campus interview shortly before graduation. They used a classic, scripted "behavioral" interview style which is conducive to an awkward experience and accomplishes little more than measure the candidate's capacity to BS in my opinion. Horrible experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you failed to accomplish your goals and what steps did you take to rectify the situation?

Recite a sonnet describing how your personal objectives align with the corporate objectives of Raytheon.

Compose a haiku describing how your moral values will integrate with Raytheon's ethics policies.
    Answer Question
  • Recite a sonnet describing how your personal objectives align with the objectives of Raytheon.   Answer Question
  • Compose a haiku describing how your moral values will integrate with the ethical objectives of Raytheon.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Raytheon

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in March 2016.

Interview

There was a huge hiring event in Tucson. It was mostly engineers, but there were people there from all disciplines. The actual interview was mostly behavioral questions and a review of my resume. I got stumped on a few technical questions, but I received an offer anyway. I brought pictures of my previous projects and that seemed to help.

Interview Questions

• What did you learn about an experience that didn't go your way?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in November 2015.

Interview

Overall it was pretty easy. The interviewer asked experience based questions and basically went through my resume. He also asked me about what I knew about the company (for example, where I thought I would fit in) and made sure I kind of did my homework before coming to the interview. The initial paperwork for the security clearance took forever.

Interview Questions

• Describe 6 sigma/ lean engineering that you've done.   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Raytheon in October 2015.

Interview

Phone interview no previous notice... general question. Went through my resume and asked me about relocation and different regular questions. I think it’s not professional to make a phone interview without set up a time for the interview so I could prepare.

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (El Segundo, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Got an email from a recruiter at the company after having submitted an application several weeks prior. I was asked to provide a few examples of my work from previous internships and/or school projects that might be relevant to the position. I basically put together a portfolio and sent that over. I got a call about 3 weeks later from a different recruiter. We set up an interview for the following week where I met with 3 managers. The interviews were very relaxed and conversational. They had looked over the work experiences and asked me basically to describe those experiences in more detail, with maybe a few questions thrown in. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. I was told I should hear back in about 3 weeks, and ended up getting an offer after about 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non-negotiable offer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

On campus recruiting, largely was to determine that you aren't weird and then tell you that the interview was largely useless. You still need to apply individually for all of the jobs online.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to help people adjust to a change.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tewksbury, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tewksbury, MA) in April 2013.

Interview

12 or so candidates were brought together and taken a few at a time to interview. Total session included an info session about benefits at Raytheon and then two individual interviews each. The rest of the time we just relaxed in a big conference room with two hiring managers. The strangest part I would say was that we had to be "watched" the whole time, so even if we had to use the restroom, someone had to accompany us.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to give a boss bad news.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Raytheon (San Diego, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

The initial communications was through a human resource representative to coordinate a phone interview. After the phone interview was arranged my section/hiring manager contacted me. The interview took roughly an hour. Most of the questions were behavioral due to my previous summer internship. After the phone interview I received a DHL package 3 days later with my official offer.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather be a big fish in a small pond or a small fish in a big pond and why?   2 Answers

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, they created a job position for me so i thought that was enough