Raytheon Principal Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Raytheon Principal Software Engineer Interview Questions

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in January 2016.

Interview

Was flown to Tucson and set up in a hotel near ASU campus. Drove to Raytheon, checked in at guarded gate, car was inspected, drove to personnel buidling, was fingerprinted and photographed and given a badge. Drove to interview building, waited in lobby. Was lead to room for interview. Two engineers at a time asked questions about experience with software and opinions concerning styles and methodology. Several rounds of interviews. Given tour of the weapons "show and tell" visitors room then taken to cafeteria. Ate lunch with engineer from my current location that moved to Tucson. Talked about the Tucson area, and then was taken back to the original lobby and let go to drive out.

Interview Questions

• Do you use STL?
    What types of data interfaces and standards have you used?
    How would you handle certain personality types (pilots)?
    Have you developed software models of hardware.
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Raytheon

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Boston, MA) in July 2014.

Interview

Interview relies heavily on past experience (either from college or work) rather than technical whiteboard questions, although some basic technical questions were asked. You need to be an U.S. Citizen for most positions, and a background check will be performed during interview process.

Interview Questions

• If your code dumps with a stack overflow, how do you go about identifying and resolving the issue within Linux environment? Explain step by step.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Raytheon (Dallas, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

2 group interviews plus one-on-one

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You are negotiating with someone you will never meet, some HR person in a remote office. I got an offer of a cash bonus the second I mentioned that I would be forgoing a bonus at my previous company.

Anonymous Employee in Linthicum, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon (Linthicum, MD) in April 2009.

Interview

Application via website with resume required to get things started. After putting in the application, it took a while to get the initial interview scheduled.

The interview process was informal, with a scheduled time to arrive, but the various people to speak with did not seem to be scheduled in advance beyond the HR team. It was a little chaotic. I was expected to fill out another set of application papers at the interview. Be prepared with dates, addresses, and details of education, past jobs and references.

Interview Questions

• What would you recommend to grow our business in the current customer community?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was very informal. It was done via email and phone calls with the talent acquisition representative. The company is willing to negotiate on weeks of vacation, and I was able to negotiate starting salary based on a bonus and education reimbursement that I would lose with my current employer if I left before the next Spring.

Once the details were worked out, the company still took two weeks to get the formal offer out in the mail. I was surprised at how long the entire negotiation took.