Raytheon Principal Systems Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Raytheon Principal Systems Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Oct 5, 2016

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Raytheon (Chantilly, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

Disjointed at best. First a phone interview with 3 people, then a face to face interview. I arrived at the Chantilly office, and they the interview was conducted in a conference room that was occupied by someone else not associated with the interview. They stayed there and continued to work on their laptop. I won't apply to Raytheon again.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever done integration testing   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Raytheon

Anonymous Employee in Dracut, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Dracut, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

Completely over the phone. Very professional. Mostly technical questions. Duration was approx. one hour. One short follow up phone interview. Offer was sent promptly. Inquired about previous salary and offer was slightly above current salary. No negotiations on salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (El Segundo, CA).

Interview

I already had several job offers but accepted Raytheon SAS invitation for a job interview in El Segundo although I would never live in LA. They paid for air flight, and put me in a hotel in the airport area on the tenth floor, so I could admire LA smog and all year around brown clouds. I wanted to see a friend in LA; I never intended to accept potential Raytheon offer. I had 4 interviews, each about 40 minutes long. I worked for Raytheon about 10 years ago, and nothing changed. If company does not ask you any technical questions (like Raytheon), you will likely end up working with a lot of incompetent coworkers that use friendship and politics to accelerate their careers. That is exactly true about Raytheon anywhere. At Raytheon you get awarded for you inter-people skills far more than for your real contributions. Raytheon will lay people off in a heart beat. They cannot care less about their employees. Nobody asked me what I want to work on, which projects I find interesting, what would make me like my job. They claimed lots of their older employees retired, so they are now hiring aggressively. That was a lie. Raytheon's older employees accumulated lots of money in pension funds(not 401K, this is old fashion pension). During the last 5 years, these employees were offered early retirement packages, and if they did not accept them, they were laid off. Each person told me the same lie how employees just retired and would make you believe they were too old, and it was disgusting to listen to my interviewers.

Interview Questions

• We just talked about my resume. They asked me to give an example of which features to use in order to detect tanks in SAR images. They just want to know if you had some pre knowledge. 99% of time it was just chatting. I was asked about experience on my resume, my hobbies, why I want to move from the east coast to the west, etc.   Answer Question

Principal Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

Campus screening after talking to their booth at the career fair.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions. There were a couple behavioral questions like tell us about a time when you worked in a group whose dynamic wasn't ideal.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon (Aurora, CO) in October 2011.

Interview

Without contacts on the inside, it would have been difficult to get hired. I knew people that understood my skills and qualifications before I walked in. I went to a job fair and ran into 4 people I knew while waiting for my interview. Whether this helped my hiring prospects or just my confidence, it did help.

Interview Questions

• how well do you handle stress on the job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation on PTO, just salary

Principal Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon in January 2011.

Interview

It was quick. One day interview with a group of candidates and individual managers. Received two offers within a week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Just put in your request amount on line.