Raytheon Program Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Raytheon Program Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jan 25, 2017

3.1

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

Straight forward phone interview followed by in-person interviews. Once you get pre-qualified by HR for the initial interview, the hiring manager will contact you for an interview. Then optionally, you will have an interview scheduled with your would-be peers. Most the questions were situation based questions to measure experience.

Other Interview Reviews for Raytheon

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Technically - questions were of moderate level of difficulty.
    Behavioral - questions were interesting and good in assessing my thoughts and insights.

Generally, the interview process was pretty easy. Interviewers were easy to build a rapport with. The interview turned into more of a conversation after I answered the first few questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked several questions regarding my business capture experience. They also asked various questions related to my experience with dealing with varying opinions and significant decisions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

They were very guiding and understanding of my concerns that a large move across country would have on my family. They were willing to work a rollout plan that was an easy to adjust to transition plan. I interviewed with a recruiter as a first step to understand my requests. Next was the hiring manager which was discussing the details of the role, and finally the final offer process from the HR representative.

Interview Questions

• How I have managed large programs and customers and the methods I used to manage the ever changing requirements.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon (Columbia, MD) in October 2014.

Interview

Uncoordinated, dragged on for a very long time, lack of communication along the way. Lots of people involved, not clear what were the roles of each of the players.Lack definition around the job description, vague information, loss of data and incorrect/repeated requests throughout the process

Interview Questions

• How do you feel you would add value to our organization   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Raytheon (Arlington, VA) in October 2010.

Interview

After a detailed phone interview I was called back a few weeks later to come in for 4 hours of 1:1 interviews (6 people were being called in). A few weeks after that I was called back in for two additional 1:1 interviews (the final 2 candidates were being called back). Then after 8 weeks of calling and e-mailing the hiring manager (a call and e-mail every week or two) to find out the status of the position, not one call or e-mail was returned, I received a "HireRight" templated e-mail informing me that I was not selected.

After taking so much of my time I thought I would have received a simple phone call, just as a common courtesy.

If they treat people that way I'm glad that I didn't get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Would you have a problem working for a company that makes weapons?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

I had a phone screen with the hiring manager, which lasted approximately an hour.
    About a week later, the recruiter phoned to schedule an on-site interview.
    I was at their facility for most of the day, moving from one office to another.

They asked me a lot of canned questions, such as "discuss a very challenging team situation and how did you overcome it?"

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a challenging team situation and how you overcame it   2 Answers

Program Manager Interview

Interview

There was a panel interview and individual interviews. A scripted set of questions were asked in the panel interview. Process was handled in a single day of interviews. There were no additional round of interview. Negotiations followed the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding most difficult situation I had to resolve in my previous job.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Raytheon in June 2011.

Interview

Initial phone screen conducted by HR Manager. Good feedback, secong interview conducted by Hiring Manager. 3rd interview by Unit panel, focused on general management questions, behavioral questions, and case examples relating to work experience. Transparent process, questions were of standard screening nature and did not get into technical matters. Tried to be as concise as possible, and focus on core characteristic I believed they were attempting to quantify.