Raytheon Interview Questions in San Diego, CA | Glassdoor

2.6

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Had received an email from HR saying they wanted to interview me. Had 2 phone interviews, both involved technical questions, no coding questions, along with some behavioral, questions about my resume/past experience. First interview went well so had me do a second phone interview with Hiring Manager, which included more technical questions, some open ended questions, plus more behavioral questions. Currently still waiting for reply, will update when I get news.

Interview Questions

• Questions about resume and some technical OOP questions plus some open ended questions about design.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raytheon (San Diego, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

First I had a lengthy phone screen with someone in the department and then had an on-site interview. Took a few days for them to get back to me about the on site process.

Senior Software Engineer IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (San Diego, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I had an offer from the facility in San Diego. They offered me so low offer that I can't even consider at all. So, I declined it. From my personal experience, I felt the company or the site seems to be interested in bringing engineers with very low salary. The recruiter and HR person wasn't exited to make an offer. I didn't feel they were confident about their offer.

Instructional Systems Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (San Diego, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview was conducted by phone by the hiring manager. Questions were very thorough and relevant to the position. The questions were followed by a more detailed explanation of the position. It was during this final stage that it occurred to me that they would make an offer. Interview lasted about 50 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project where you had to develop a course design document describing the course elements and specific level of detail. For example, after you’ve done analysis, objectives, sequencing, instructional strategies, and prior to doing a storyboard.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a project where you look the lead ISD role, the challenges you faced and what you did about them.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a project in where you had designed the lesson and had to develop brand new content from SME interviews. What challenges did you face?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a project where you had a less-responsive SME and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

This was a contract position being offered at a specific rate. There was no room for negotiation.

Software Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I applied online through my university. I got a call from someone to confirm that I had experience working with scripting languages. I soon got an email for an interview after the on site interview, the process was really quick. I was notified the next week that I got in.

Interview Questions

• what do you think the average day of a software engineer is like? there were no technical questions about programming. everything was about what past experiences i had.   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Raytheon (San Diego, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Got a phone call to set up a phone interview one week after applying online. The interviewer was obviously not an engineer and most of the interview seemed scripted. I had to remind him what University I went to. I was not particularly qualified for the position and I think he had made up his mind before the interview even started. Overall there were no really tough or technical questions.

Interview Questions

• When did you face adversity within a group and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Raytheon (San Diego, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

The initial communications was through a human resource representative to coordinate a phone interview. After the phone interview was arranged my section/hiring manager contacted me. The interview took roughly an hour. Most of the questions were behavioral due to my previous summer internship. After the phone interview I received a DHL package 3 days later with my official offer.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather be a big fish in a small pond or a small fish in a big pond and why?   2 Answers

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, they created a job position for me so i thought that was enough