Raytheon Senior Electrical Engineer II Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Raytheon Senior Electrical Engineer II Interview Questions

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online and the hiring manager called to do a light phone interview. Brief overview of the position he was trying to fill; asked questions regarding what I am looking for to accomplish in my career.

Onsite interview with several people from various groups. STAR interview setup with zero technical questions asked.

I couldn't get a straight answer what the exact position entails. Eventually I figured out they are hiring a large amount of people to replace the retiring work force. Felt more like being hired into a pool and then sorted out later. This works for new college grads but not for me as I rather know exactly what my future job would be - especially considering a move to Tucson, AZ. The only thing that was certain was it was a test position.

The interviewers tried to talk up the company and the work they do in Missile Test Systems. None of the interviewers seem technical and the position didn't appear attractive in terms of learning new skill sets.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years, 10 years, 20 years?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Raytheon

Anonymous Employee in Goleta, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Goleta, CA).

Interview

2 hours long, I met most of the staff and I saw the engineering lab. Barely any technical questions which was weird. I saw the entire campus and met with the director.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your experience? what was the challenging task you worked on and explain why?   1 Answer

Senior Electrical Engineer II Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Raytheon in November 2009.

Interview

Interview consisted of meeting with HR personnel, discussed benefits package, structure of company, work hours, and work environment. Met with managerial personnel, discussed employment position, desired work style, experience with project management, and work experiences. Then talked at length with technical engineering staff about various details of resume. Discussed implementation of FIR filters, configuration of FPGAs, experience with VHDL, circuit design experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with new circuit card that won't configure from PROM?   1 Answer

Senior Electrical Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Raytheon in May 2008.

Interview

My resume was submitted by a former colleague of mine. The phone interview was with the Section Manager and a Senior Engineering Fellow, whom I have met year earlier. They asked about my work at the time... very general and basic... For the on-site interview, I was the one doing most of the talking because they didn't want to or couldn't share anything that they were doing with me... Everyone I spoke with were nice. The environment was pretty relaxed. My advice for others: be confident and take charge of the interview...

Interview Questions

• How do you chose a particular technology for a specific application?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated for extra $10k... Never accept the first offer...