Raytheon Senior Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Raytheon Senior Engineer Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Huntsville, AL) in July 2010.

Interview

Ok -- structured interview; not very smooth

Interview Questions

• tell about a management problem that you solved.   Answer Question
  • describe how you solved a technical problem involving other engineers   Answer Question

Negotiation

Limited negotiation -- govt work so salary linked to experience, specific skills

Other Interview Reviews for Raytheon

Senior Engineer Interview

Interview

I was initially screened a college hiring event where they ask boiler plate questions about how I worked in teams, how I over came difficult problems, etc. Then about a month later I was contacted for a hiring event in Tucson AZ. The hiring event was held at a resort away from the plant site. The night before the interviews there was a cocktail reception where you could talk to hiring managers and there was a dinner afterward where some upper managers gave a presentation on working at Raytheon. During the interview day there was four interview with different hiring teams. There was a mix of technical and behavior questions. After that we took a bus to tour the plant site.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were behavioral interview questions so none of them were particularly hard.   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (London, England (UK)) in September 2012.

Interview

The interview could have been conducted better. Initially, they were 20 minutes late due to being held up at meetings, and they couldn't get in touch with the other person who was meant to be conducting the interview to my particular role. The technical manager was off sick (I had spoke to him on the phone the day before, and a week before also), so the "technical" aspect of the interview was then carried out by someone who would answer directly to me if I were to get the job (strange process) Some of the questions were pre-written from a sheet that you could tell were generic and not job role specific. They must use these for everyone?? Not ideal, and by the manner in which some of them were asked I could tell that the engineer asking them really didn't know a lot of the questionable content and that he was out of his comfort zone and felt that he knew I knew. However, he was expecting me to answer (which I did) and when I did, I could tell that he wouldn't have been able to tell whether or not my answers were correct or not, so both of us were glad once that was over. The job role however sounded more like program management and supervision and engineering all rolled into one.

Another individual came in, to give a company run down, and what to expect, what programs they've secured and what the future holds. It was a "PR script" and to be honest it sounded really really good. They appeared to be making a lot of moves, and I was very impressed until I asked what kind of time restraints I could expect for scheduling training and overseeing trainee work and what processes are in place to cover project work when trainee's are at uni or college, and there was a pause before answering that there isn't really any trainee's within the company, just a couple of apprentises... By then alarm bells were ringing. You judge a companies growth, and success expectation by the number of new young recruits required to be trained up. Any large industry with annual growth have dedicated "trainee" programs every year. This company had nothing and because of the abscenses, the unrealistic expectations of my role, put me off

Interview Questions

• "Can you multitask and do 2 different roles at the same time".... I was applying for the position of senior engineer, not senior engineer, plus manager, plus program manager!!   Answer Question

The salary was very poor and lower than my previous work place despite expected to do the role of THREE people. They would have been better dropping it even further to put me on the 20% tax rate. I got a second offer but declined (salary was still less than previous work place)