Raytheon Senior Software Engineer II Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 16, 2017

2.7

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McKinney, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raytheon (McKinney, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Panel interview composed of 5 interviewers. Began with behavioral questions followed by technical questions. Additional questions were asked based on my responses. All interviewers were very professional and personable. Overall it was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe scrum process I currently use.   1 Answer
  • What type of earned value measurement methods have you used?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Raytheon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Denver, CO) in August 2015.

Interview

Attended open house where Raytheon was interviewing for System and Software engineers. The attendance was a mixture of both senior and entry level applicants. The applicants were held in a waiting area and then called out individually to meet with the subject SME. The interview took anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes, and the wait for being called took 60 to 90 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Met with lead software engineer. Discussed C++, UML, SW methodologies. They seemed to have too many system engineers applying for the positions, so I only interviewed on the software side.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Raytheon (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

The whole process was smooth and professional. Quick response from everyone including the hiring manager.

Salary

Senior Software Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

Friend turned in my resume to an Engineering recruiter. I got a call, went in for an interview, it was the most basic interview ever. They did not ask me anything technical or even anything at all. I met 4 people, all wanted to see my personality more than my background.

Negotiation

did not negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon (Seattle, WA) in June 2012.

Interview

1) Developer Challenge
    2) Phone Interview
    3) Meet fellow workers at office - personality fit
    4) In-person interviews

Interview process was very messed up, with the recruiter vanishing for two weeks at a time. The recruiter would then want to have a chat in the real sense, asking what I've been doing for the last couple of weeks, etc. Questions that have no bearing on the interview process.

After completing the first three steps of the interview process, the recruiter said only the in-person interview was left, which was subsequently postponed twice. After a month, the recruiter wanted to do a video Skype chat, which he said was not part of the interview process. I thought "What the hell?" and gave up on the job. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Write a kernel module which executes program "y" instead of program "x"   Answer Question
    • Write a kernel module to display all processes with 3+ file descriptors open.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Raytheon (Aurora, CO) in January 2012.

Interview

You will submit to 500 jobs to get 1 interview. Then it is a one-on-one with engineers or managers for departments you may not even be interviewing for. Standard for defense contractors.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Basic - same for all defense contractors

Senior Software Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon in March 2011.

Interview

Applied on line, Recruiter assist to set up interview, visited facility for interview, sent a thank you letter to people that I interviewed with, spoke to recruiter about interview feedback, the recruiter proposed an offer and accept the offer.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions, why you applied, what type of work do you like to do.   1 Answer