Raytheon Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Raytheon

2.8

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Dallas, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Went to a Raytheon only job fair. Gave them. My resume the waited for an hour or so before they called me in. They probably pre-screened all resumes and assigned you to an interviewer based on your skills.

The interview was very casual, mostly going over my resume and what I had been doing for my last employers. Only one technical question was asked.

I got passed down to another manager who also seemed very casual and he asked a couple more questions and talked about the work and work environment at Raytheon.

The whole thing lasted about 30-40 minutes and they made an offer on the spot. I signed a letter of intent and the formal offer came a week or so later via email.

Interview Questions

• What is the diamond of death?   1 Answer
  • Tell me how your software development process cycle worked at your last job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Since they offered the salary and the position on the spot there was not much to negotiate on that, however I tried to negotiate for relocation support and more vacation with no success. I think the recruiter was not happy that I tried to ask for more and given the size of the company it's probably difficult to make concessions on PTO. Ultimately they came back that the offer was already their "best offer" so I could accept as is or move on. The whole negotiating process took 2+ weeks.