Raytheon Senior Systems Engineer I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Raytheon Senior Systems Engineer I Interview Questions

Updated Mar 8, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Woburn, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very organized and efficient. The in-person interview lasted 90 minutes. I felt very prepared for the interview (panel-style), and the interviewers were friendly. The questions were easy to moderate. Have examples prepared from prior jobs that highlight your skills.

Be sure to have your own questions prepared.

The entire process from application to passing the background check was 6 weeks. Accounting for Raytheon non-business days, it was 8 work days to get the phone interview, 6 work days to the person interview, 5 work days to receive the offer, and 8 work days to pass the background check requirements.

Interview Questions

• If you had to use one word to describe yourself, what would it be?   1 Answer
  • Describe your background.   Answer Question
  • Where do you see yourself progressing in Raytheon? Would you like to be CEO someday?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Raytheon

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got a call from a recruiter to set up a phone interview with the hiring manager, which resulted in an invitation to a hiring event in Tucson, AZ. The event had 200+ attendees applying to various openings at Raytheon, lasted for two full days with presentations, plant tour, networking session and interviews. The networking session was really useful in getting more interviews for the next day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with your team members and how it was resolved.   Answer Question
    • Asked details about everything on my resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Raytheon (Huntsville, AL).

Interview

An interesting interview. I was given a walk through the facility by the group manager first. The folks that interviewed me were very friendly and asked me questions relating my past experience. The group provided me with a brief description of the project they were working on and described each of their roles within the group. Finally, we talked about how my past experience could complement the group's skills.

Interview Questions

• How would your past experience be useful in the project? Could you provide situational examples for how you solved a certain engineering problem?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon (Dallas, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Was screened during a college career fair. Contacted for interview 1 month later. Interview scheduled about a month later. Interviewed in May 2014.

The interviewer was late, and did not remember my name. I was then taken to a conference room, where I was screened by one of their newer employees. Totally unprofessional in their demeanor - asking me questions that an undergraduate would know even though I had a PhD. Still, I answered them fine. Several more 1 on 1 interviews, then taken to cafeteria to eat lunch with team. i was made to wait nearly 30 minutes in line while the hiring manager got fish tacos. Upon sitting down, it turned into somewhat of an attack session by several of the other engineers.

After that, I was literally whisked away by two engineers, and not given the opportunity to thank the hiring manager for the interview, even though I asked to do so.

Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Falls Church, VA) in March 2013.

Interview

round robin process where I interviewed with several different offices and managers. They invited me to have lunch with them and we continued to talk more about the company, future projects and various things like the economy in the surrounding area and the commute. They were very friendly and made the interview very comfortable.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Relocation assistance and signing bonus

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Columbia, MD) in June 2012.

Interview

First I talked with the HR person over the phone and was informed that I was a canidate for the position. Then I did a techical interview over the phone after which I was then given a job offer.

Interview Questions

• There was a couple of question about a system I had never used before that I didn't know the answers to.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in April 2011.

Interview

They're questions were geared toward the type of worker you would be rather than deep technical questions. The remaining part of the interview was the panel explaining the many opportunities that the company offered. It was mostly each panel member explains the benefits of their particular work area.

Anonymous Employee in Garland, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Garland, TX) in November 2010.

Interview

Easy, no hassle.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if someone was doing a great job, but was not getting recognized?
      What would you do if you were working with someone who was not pulling their weight?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered, I said yes.

Senior Systems Engineer I Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Raytheon in August 2010.

Interview

came in for a job fair (interview scheduled in advance). Follow up after 3 weeks for a group interview with the hiring manager and group lead. Overall, questions focused on what I did previously. I explained, but also detailed how I thought those experiences could benefit Raytheon

Interview Questions

• would I be willing to travel?   1 Answer
    • how familiar am I with defect databases   1 Answer

Senior Systems Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon in March 2010.

Interview

Contacted by talent acquisition rep who saw my resume online and thought I would be a fit. Scheduled an interview at the Tewksbury, MA location and arranged for travel, lodging, and rental car for the day the interviews would happen. The interviews were 20 minutes each with 3 people. Others were at the interview event and we all sat in the same waiting room. Received an offer 3 days later, but was fairly sure I got the job when they kept me, but not all other interviewees afterward for a presentation on benefits and relocation package.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince very senior engineers (25+ years of experience) that your idea is correct?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not realize I could negotiate, so accepted the offer as is. However, others who were hired in the same round tried to negotiate, and did not get an increase.