Raytheon Senior Systems Engineer II Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Raytheon Senior Systems Engineer II Interview Questions

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in May 2016.

Interview

I was invited to a hiring event through my information on LinkedIn. I had one interview scheduled before I arrived, but at the evening mixer the night before, I was able to secure two additional interviews for the next day. I was asked about my prior experience as well as my leadership experience, which seemed to be as interesting to the interviewers as my work experience. Once I described my mostly non-careerI was volunteer work, they became much more interested. For my position, they seemed interested in people skills. I described my volunteer service as a Boy Scout leader, a Cub Scout leader, a church volunteer, and as a full-time missionary. They seemed to appreciate the skills learned in those opportunities.

Interview Questions

• They asked me avout leadership experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered a Sr. Systems Engineer I (E03) at $95k, a signing bonus of $10k, relocation, 2 weeks living expenses while moving, and 4 weeks vacation (160 hrs). I countered and recieved a new offer for Sr. Systems Engineer II (E04) at $112k, a signing bonus of $15k, relocation, 2 weeks living expenses while moving, and 4 weeks vacation (160 hrs).

Other Interview Reviews for Raytheon

Senior Systems Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

Took about 3 weeks and culminated with an hour and a half conference phone interview with multiple engineers and managers. Each took turns grilling me on past experiences, technical knowledge, and conceptual knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Vast array of Network Engineer and Systems Engineering questions ranging from physical devices to layer two and layer three protocols to troubleshooting techniques.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and worked with some contacts to get an interview. When they were ready, the interview was scheduled through a recruiter. Because I was not local, I did a phone interview with a panel consisting of members of the team that lasted 30-45 minutes. After that, all the communication was through the recruiters. I don't know if their team was overloaded, but it was often slow hearing back from them. They didn't make an offer until I informed that that I had another opportunity, at which point the recruiter seemed to be scrambling to get back to me. I was excited about it, but unfortunately you don't always get what you want.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position?   1 Answer

It kind of felt like I was constantly pulling teeth with the recruiters, and indirectly the management of the team I was applying for. I just thought, "if it's this difficult now, what's it going to be like in a year?" I decided it was probably better to let it go.

Anonymous Employee in Garland, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Raytheon (Garland, TX) in January 2008.

Interview

In general, Raytheon always tends to have varing interview formats depending on the division. NCS and IIS tend to like one on one interviews , while SAS tends to like the group interview format.

Interview Questions

• I have interviewed with all three of the Divisions listed above and all questions were typical and easy. There were none to intentially stomp you.   Answer Question