Raytheon Senior Systems Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 6, 2017

2.5

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

Started out with a phone interview with one of the managers. Mostly asking about whats on my resume. Clarifying and describing the different project. Make sure you know everything on your resume through and through. It was scheduled for 30 minutes, but mine went around 45 minutes. Within a few days, they invite you to a hiring event.

Everyone at Raytheon goes through this hiring event. It's exclusive and if you get the invite the position is yours to lose. Everyone at the hiring event has a job they can get, so you're not competing against anyone directly. The night before the first day is security briefing. Talk about getting a clearance. Go to that, because the security part takes 2 hours and can be clogged the following day.

The next morning is lunch where someone high up talks for a while about the company. Following that is the plant tour. The tour is nothing special and different depending on your group. Just people from the company bringing you to a few different departments. Later in the day is the networking event. You'll have a least one interview scheduled for the following morning, but the networking event is a chance to get more. They have good food, but I didn't get any because I was too busy talking to people. Make sure to talk to the people you're supposed to interview with the next morning. Also, I didn't get any additional interview from the networking event and I still got an offer for a job. Technical people, don't expect to get a lot more interviews.

The next day is interview all day. Though I only had 1, so I only had to talk for 45 minutes. The rest of the day I just chilled at the hotel. A lot of their question were for me to clarify things I spoke with them about at the networking event. Or to tell the group what I told one person. There were a total of 3 interviewers.

After that it was just a box lunch. I got an email at like 5pm saying that I would be getting an offer. I only know of 1 person of the group of guys I met who didn't get an offer. Like I said, if you get to the hiring event, it's yours to lose.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Raytheon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in December 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with three groups, 2 people at a time, for an hour each. Questions were fairly standard and they asked a lot about the content of my resume. The questions were generally similar from one group to the next. Some groups were very friendly while others seemed a bit disinterested.

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online, several weeks later was contacted by a Talent Acquisition specialist via phone. They then put me in contact with several groups interested in hiring similar positions at a couple different sites. Did phone interview with a group of hiring managers, within same organization. Was further interviewed via phone by a senior engineering manager, who then recommended me for an onsite interview. They flew me out to the site where I also interviewed with 4 hiring managers and/or technical leads, and also had lunch with a senior engineer. I had a good sense an offer would be extended by the end of the day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation or project you worked on and describe how you reached a solution.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Raytheon (Woburn, MA) in August 2012.

Interview

The interview process happened very quickly. I was called for an interview on Tuesday and the interview took place on Thursday of that week. The invited approximately 5 other candidates. Food was put out, an overview of the company was given, then we broke off and had 1-on-1 interviews. Most people had 2-3 interviews. It lasted for approximately 2 hours. Decisions were made by Tuesday of the next week. The entire hiring process took about a month. It was a little longer than expected as they were sometimes slow to get back to me. Overall though, it was a good Interview and Hiring experience.

Interview Questions

• The interviewers all asked what I considered to be fairly standard interview questions. It felt more of a personality interview than a technical one. All three interviews obviously asked me about my technical background and problem solving abilities but for the majority of the interviews they wanted to know about what type of person I am. The teams appeared to be very strong and most likely wanted the candidate to be a good personalty fit as well.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary was negotiable but they remained fairly fixed in terms of their starting offer.

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in March 2012.

Interview

The interview process is straight forward. You interview with serveral managers and group members in a series of scheduled interviews. They give you background info on the company.
    there were dinner interviews and lunch interviews. Overall very positive process. They gave us a schedule of our interviews. They allowed us to visit other departments and schedule interviews with them as well. We met several HR reresentatives as well as realtors from various compnaies who showed us arround and told us about the area.

Negotiation

The offer an initial ow offer. I refused it. They raised it up several thousand. I accepted. I should have asked for more money. They completer relocate you and your personal items including your car. This is a hassel free process for the most part. The new hire orientation can be difficult though.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Irwin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon (Fort Irwin, CA) in May 2009.

Interview

It was on the phone, I was working over sea's and called at 4 AM in the morning. Most of the questions where very to the point and had to do with the job. Then we got in to how I would work out problems that where not part of my area but could from time to time fall in to my work day.
    There was 4 managers on the phone, one would be the manager that I would work for if I got the job. Each manager had questions in there area, some very open, some very to the point.

Interview Questions

• there was a question that was what was the best way for an object to fall, in a line or in a curve? It would depend on what you where looking for the out come to be, was what I said. They never told me if I was correct.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

I do not really remember, it was a long time ago all I know is that I was interviewed with a group of college graduates for a series of on-site discussions.

Interview Questions

• It was too long ago to remember, all question were the typical behavior based questions.   Answer Question