Raytheon Software Engineer I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 13, 2017

2.5

50 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon (Aurora, CO) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online for University Programs in July 2017 and interviewed at Raytheon in Aurora, Colorado. The process took about 2 months. I was contacted for a phone interview about a month after I applied, in which interviewers asked basic behavioral questions and tested basic knowledge on object-oriented programming principles. I was invited to an onsite interview afterwards, in which I talked to the same people from the phone. Questions were more or less the same, except more in depth. They asked me to write pseudo code for generating the nth prime number and calculating n factorial. They didn't care too much about finding the most optimal solution and mostly wanted to see how you think when you solve a problem. Overall, the interview was very easy, and the engineers I talked to were very friendly and polite. I was given an unofficial offer 2 days after my interview, followed by an official letter in the following week.

Interview Questions

• n factorial - what happens if you pass a negative number or max int into function?   Answer Question
  • nth prime number - generate, print, store n prime numbers   Answer Question
  • What was your favorite/least favorite class?   Answer Question
  • What is your preferred method of communication?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Raytheon

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Raytheon (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

They contacted me to schedule an over the phone interview a few weeks after I submitted my application. I spoke with the hiring manager, and one of their Senior Engineers. Most questions asked revolved around my resume and included some technical questions. Overall the experience was positive.

Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Mount Laurel, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

Received an email regarding my resume about a month after initially submitting it. a week later I had a phone interview. One more week I was brought in for an in-person interview. Both interviews were very behavioral and straightforward. Mostly asking about my resume and the work outside of classes I had done through my internship. I got an email asking to fill out a form 2 business days after the in-person interview and then got offered the position 1 week later.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any thoughts on where you see yourself in 5-10 years?   1 Answer
    • Tell me a little about a day for you at [current company].   1 Answer
    • Do you know some of the models of the software development life cycle? can you describe them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Raytheon (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an email to set up a phone interview at the end of the week. Phone interview was 100% technical questions heavily based on OOP and C++. No questions were asked about my resume. I received a notice that they had selected another candidate 1 week later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raytheon (New York, NY).

Interview

Was taken to a room and asked technical questions for an hour. Then another interviewer came and asked more technical questions and questions based on my resume. Overall both interviewers were nice and helpful. Never heard back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Dallas, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

1: Recruiter phone screen a few weeks after submitting my resume online. Brief questions about skills, projects and prior work experience listed on resume. Scheduled an on-site interview for a few weeks afterwards.

2: On-site interview. Basic introduction to company structure and departments, then four 1:1 interviews which felt more like conversations than actual interviews. Received an offer several days later.

Interview Questions

• Know your resume inside and out; most questions are going to be about projects, work experience, skills, etc. Standard STAR questions with a few basic tech interview questions (relatively easy).   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Forest, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Forest, MS) in October 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by HR about a week after I put in the application. The next day I had a phone interview with the hiring manager and two other employees. I was contacted shortly after the phone interview to come onsite the following week. I interviewed in a group panel. Everyone was very nice and friendly. I was contacted the next day for a few more questions and about two weeks later I was notified for a job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered more than I expected so I gladly accepted the offer.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Raytheon (Dallas, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Round 1 was in the career fair where they asked me to explain my projects and expertise.
    Round 2 was at the Raytheon's office with the hiring manager and the Software/Technical Leader which comprised of Technical questions (the ones you should know before going for any interview) and behavioral questions.
    They were very friendly and open for discussions.
    Received an informal offer in the evening and formal offer 2 days later.

Interview Questions

• When did you decide to become a software Engineer and why?   Answer Question
    • Have you worked in a Group? Explain the experience. Positives and negatives.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Raytheon (El Segundo, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The company paid for travel to the location for the interview day. There were 11 candidates at the interview. Each of us had four 30 minute interviews with groups of 1 to 4 recruiters. They asked basic behavioral questions from experience on our resumes. After the interviews we had lunch with the recruiters and were given a tour of the campus. Overall it was a very friendly environment.

Interview Questions

• What career path would you like to follow, management or technical?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Richardson, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied for the job online. 18 days later I received an email from someone at Talent Acquisition asking for some details about my qualifications and when would I be available for the interview.

10 days later my interview was scheduled (there was a holiday between my answers and the response indicating that the interview had been scheduled).

On the day of the interview, I checked in at the front desk and was met my interviewer and a fellow manager within 10 minutes.

We went to a small conference room and sat down for the interview. Both individuals were professional and polite and asked questions about when did I first know that I wanted to be in software development and then some technical questions pertaining to the job.

The questions began to be about items on my resume and about my knowledge of the various technologies necessary for the position.

The interviewers then allowed me to ask questions.

The experience was very positive and open for questions and concerns.