Raytheon Software Engineer I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Raytheon Software Engineer I Interview Questions

Updated Feb 15, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raytheon (New York, NY).

Interview

Was taken to a room and asked technical questions for an hour. Then another interviewer came and asked more technical questions and questions based on my resume. Overall both interviewers were nice and helpful. Never heard back.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Raytheon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Dallas, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

1: Recruiter phone screen a few weeks after submitting my resume online. Brief questions about skills, projects and prior work experience listed on resume. Scheduled an on-site interview for a few weeks afterwards.

2: On-site interview. Basic introduction to company structure and departments, then four 1:1 interviews which felt more like conversations than actual interviews. Received an offer several days later.

Interview Questions

• Know your resume inside and out; most questions are going to be about projects, work experience, skills, etc. Standard STAR questions with a few basic tech interview questions (relatively easy).   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Forest, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Forest, MS) in October 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by HR about a week after I put in the application. The next day I had a phone interview with the hiring manager and two other employees. I was contacted shortly after the phone interview to come onsite the following week. I interviewed in a group panel. Everyone was very nice and friendly. I was contacted the next day for a few more questions and about two weeks later I was notified for a job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered more than I expected so I gladly accepted the offer.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Raytheon (Dallas, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Round 1 was in the career fair where they asked me to explain my projects and expertise.
    Round 2 was at the Raytheon's office with the hiring manager and the Software/Technical Leader which comprised of Technical questions (the ones you should know before going for any interview) and behavioral questions.
    They were very friendly and open for discussions.
    Received an informal offer in the evening and formal offer 2 days later.

Interview Questions

• When did you decide to become a software Engineer and why?   Answer Question
    • Have you worked in a Group? Explain the experience. Positives and negatives.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Raytheon (El Segundo, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The company paid for travel to the location for the interview day. There were 11 candidates at the interview. Each of us had four 30 minute interviews with groups of 1 to 4 recruiters. They asked basic behavioral questions from experience on our resumes. After the interviews we had lunch with the recruiters and were given a tour of the campus. Overall it was a very friendly environment.

Interview Questions

• What career path would you like to follow, management or technical?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Richardson, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied for the job online. 18 days later I received an email from someone at Talent Acquisition asking for some details about my qualifications and when would I be available for the interview.

10 days later my interview was scheduled (there was a holiday between my answers and the response indicating that the interview had been scheduled).

On the day of the interview, I checked in at the front desk and was met my interviewer and a fellow manager within 10 minutes.

We went to a small conference room and sat down for the interview. Both individuals were professional and polite and asked questions about when did I first know that I wanted to be in software development and then some technical questions pertaining to the job.

The questions began to be about items on my resume and about my knowledge of the various technologies necessary for the position.

The interviewers then allowed me to ask questions.

The experience was very positive and open for questions and concerns.

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon (State College, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied in April 2016. In June I received an email to set up a phone interview, then in July I had my in-person interview. The phone interview was 10-15 minutes, we talked a bit about my programming experience and familiarity with some programming and software engineering concepts (all basic stuff and mostly yes/no), the majority of the call was spent discussing the company and their site's focus.

The in-person interview took two hours. I met with the person I spoke with on the phone, toured a bit of the building, then had two ~45 minute sessions with two senior engineers (individually). They went over a checklist of things but we mostly just talked about my resume. I wasn't familiar with some of the technologies they mentioned but it wasn't an issue. It seemed like they were just asking out of curiosity. I wasn't asked to write any code - I think that was left up to the interviewer. I was asked some typical behavioral questions, though, and a few follow-up questions on technical things related to my resume. Everyone during the entire process was very kind and easy to talk to.

I received an offer via email two days later.

Interview Questions

• List five things to consider if you were to develop an online banking application   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Raytheon (Aurora, CO) in June 2016.

Interview

Flew me out to Aurora for the interview, took about an hour. I declined because I decided I wasn't ready to relocate yet. The interview was very easy, they only asked very basic questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe in an abstract way what polymorphism is   Answer Question
    • Write a program in Java & C++ to take in numbers, average them, and output the numbers   Answer Question

Didn't want to relocate yet.

Anonymous Employee in Peabody, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Raytheon (Peabody, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied months ago and never heard back until one day I got an email about a hiring event. They invited approximately 40 college students/recent grads to come and interview for a few positions. There were 2 sessions of movies to watch about the company and the specific department applying for. Interviews were with 7 people rotating between the candidates. After the interviews they gave us lunch. They responded the next week with their decision.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate as I was very happy with the offer.

Software Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online through the company's website.

After approximately 2 weeks I received a phone call requesting to set up a day and time for an over-the-phone interview. During the phone interview I was given a slightly more elaborate description of what the job entailed, asked questions about and to elaborate on different pieces of my resume, asked a variety of general behavioral and introductory to intermediate technical questions from 4 different interviewers, and allowed time to ask questions of my own. The following day I received a phone call that they wanted to proceed with a face-to-face interview for which they flew me in and covered all expenses. The face-to-face took place roughly 2 weeks later and was essentially a reiteration of the phone interview with a couple of different questions and a coding sample. A couple of days later I received an offer email.

The entire interview process took roughly 5 weeks to complete.

Interview Questions

• Can you define and/or given an example of inheritance and polymorphism?   Answer Question