Raytheon Software Engineer I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 14, 2017

2.5

53 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Raytheon (Denver, CO) in November 2017.

Interview

I attended a local Raytheon hiring event. The software engineering interview was about 20 minutes long. The interviewer reviewed my resume, asked 3 technical questions, and asked if I had any questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between == and .equals()?   Answer Question
  • What does this code (was a basic class inheritance snippet) print?   Answer Question
  • Design a getMin() method with constant, O(1), runtime.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Raytheon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Penn State University, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Penn State University, PA) in November 2017.

Interview

Very good. Interviewed on site for 2 hours. Interviewers were personable and nice. They made the whole process feel very comfortable. One was a section manager and the other was a relatively new employee.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Richardson, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online through their website and got an on site interviews about 4 weeks later at their Richardson Locations. I interviewed with the project manager and a senior engineer. The interview was relax and more of a conversation then an actual interview.

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon (Aurora, CO) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online for University Programs in July 2017 and interviewed at Raytheon in Aurora, Colorado. The process took about 2 months. I was contacted for a phone interview about a month after I applied, in which interviewers asked basic behavioral questions and tested basic knowledge on object-oriented programming principles. I was invited to an onsite interview afterwards, in which I talked to the same people from the phone. Questions were more or less the same, except more in depth. They asked me to write pseudo code for generating the nth prime number and calculating n factorial. They didn't care too much about finding the most optimal solution and mostly wanted to see how you think when you solve a problem. Overall, the interview was very easy, and the engineers I talked to were very friendly and polite. I was given an unofficial offer 2 days after my interview, followed by an official letter in the following week.

Interview Questions

• n factorial - what happens if you pass a negative number or max int into function?   Answer Question
    • nth prime number - generate, print, store n prime numbers   Answer Question
    • What was your favorite/least favorite class?   Answer Question
    • What is your preferred method of communication?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Raytheon (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

They contacted me to schedule an over the phone interview a few weeks after I submitted my application. I spoke with the hiring manager, and one of their Senior Engineers. Most questions asked revolved around my resume and included some technical questions. Overall the experience was positive.

Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Mount Laurel, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

Received an email regarding my resume about a month after initially submitting it. a week later I had a phone interview. One more week I was brought in for an in-person interview. Both interviews were very behavioral and straightforward. Mostly asking about my resume and the work outside of classes I had done through my internship. I got an email asking to fill out a form 2 business days after the in-person interview and then got offered the position 1 week later.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any thoughts on where you see yourself in 5-10 years?   1 Answer
    • Tell me a little about a day for you at [current company].   1 Answer
    • Do you know some of the models of the software development life cycle? can you describe them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Raytheon (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an email to set up a phone interview at the end of the week. Phone interview was 100% technical questions heavily based on OOP and C++. No questions were asked about my resume. I received a notice that they had selected another candidate 1 week later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raytheon (New York, NY).

Interview

Was taken to a room and asked technical questions for an hour. Then another interviewer came and asked more technical questions and questions based on my resume. Overall both interviewers were nice and helpful. Never heard back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Dallas, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

1: Recruiter phone screen a few weeks after submitting my resume online. Brief questions about skills, projects and prior work experience listed on resume. Scheduled an on-site interview for a few weeks afterwards.

2: On-site interview. Basic introduction to company structure and departments, then four 1:1 interviews which felt more like conversations than actual interviews. Received an offer several days later.

Interview Questions

• Know your resume inside and out; most questions are going to be about projects, work experience, skills, etc. Standard STAR questions with a few basic tech interview questions (relatively easy).   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Forest, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Forest, MS) in October 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by HR about a week after I put in the application. The next day I had a phone interview with the hiring manager and two other employees. I was contacted shortly after the phone interview to come onsite the following week. I interviewed in a group panel. Everyone was very nice and friendly. I was contacted the next day for a few more questions and about two weeks later I was notified for a job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered more than I expected so I gladly accepted the offer.