Raytheon Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 9, 2017

2.5

49 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

I attended Raytheon's engineering open house. Upon arrival, my resume was given to a hiring manager, then I was called to a different room and was interviewed by a lead engineer. He asked me basic Java questions, what I know about the technologies I listed on my resume, and projects that I have developed.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Raytheon

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

I wouldn't say casual but better than I expected. I had a panel for different jobs and they all asked me questions about my experience in related areas after given me a brief description on what the overall job goal was.

Interview Questions

• What was one of the most challenging projects I ever worked on?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon (El Segundo, CA).

Interview

Very relaxed but made sure you understood yourself, your projects, and basic programming principles. I had three one-on-one interviews and two of them were very conversational and it felt like they wanted me to show my best side and get the job. The last one didn't seem to understand that I'm am ENGINEER not a BUSINESS person since he asked about management and financial ideas. Still the best interview I've ever been to.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raytheon (Dallas, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Talked about the company/team. Then talked about almost every possible question around my resume. One C-based coding question. Remember the base C until functions. Interviewed by committee of 4-5 people. Short 'About Us' video before interview.

Interview Questions

• With a given a pointer to a large enough array of bytes. Patch the given objects into this single byte array.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Raytheon (Kansas City, MO) in April 2017.

Interview

Two Interviews. Interviewers asked questions pertaining to academic (school projects/ research) and internship experience. Interviewer also asked questions to gain a better idea of my interests to determine whether I was a good fit

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (State College, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screen with the manager you'd be reporting to. Discuss typical things: skills, school work, the job. Lots of information pertaining to the specific position is classified, but that's expected with Security Clearance work. On-site, met with the manager from my phone interview, and two engineers one at a time. Asked basic questions about my resume and background. The entire process seemed to be based around making sure I wasn't bluffing about my resume and experience rather than burning my at the stake over textbook algorithm questions. Very relaxed and engaging. Everyone was very pleasant and down-to-earth about the recruiting process. Left a great impression of the type of people they hire.

Interview Questions

• Resume questions. No coding.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer was good considering the area and cost of living.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raytheon (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2017.

Interview

Typically phone interview with skills set. The interview panel ask more behavior questions.Even hiring person has no clue about Software Engineering.They are also old type of mentality for hiring.Very bad hiring process.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Raytheon in January 2017.

Interview

took about 11 days for them to schedule me an interview.
    Hiring manager interviewed me, asking general questions along with some technical questions.
    As long as you know about your stuff, it should be an easy interview

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

Had on campus interview with recruiters asking general behavioral questions, lasting about 15 min. Followed by a more extensive phone interview asking technical questions, lasting about 45 min. Finally, an in person interview in Indianapolis. The in person interview included a plant tour and was actually four 30 min interviews with four separate hiring managers over the course of 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you disagreed with someone on how to proceed with part of a project and how you resolved the situation.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon in September 2016.

Interview

Interview was mostly behavioral designed to see how well you work in teams and if you have the capacity to lead. If you've been through one behavioral interview you've been through them all just about. With that being said make sure you anticipate these questions and have bullets on your resume that already answers these questions. The less the recruiters have to ask the better. As a defense contractor Raytheon will require you to be able to obtain a security clearance. If you are not a US citizen your best bet is to look at private sector jobs because it is very hard to progress in a company such as Raytheon and be foreign.

Interview Questions

• Name one time when you went above the requirements of a project assigned to you.   1 Answer