Raytheon Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Raytheon Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 14, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (State College, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screen with the manager you'd be reporting to. Discuss typical things: skills, school work, the job. Lots of information pertaining to the specific position is classified, but that's expected with Security Clearance work. On-site, met with the manager from my phone interview, and two engineers one at a time. Asked basic questions about my resume and background. The entire process seemed to be based around making sure I wasn't bluffing about my resume and experience rather than burning my at the stake over textbook algorithm questions. Very relaxed and engaging. Everyone was very pleasant and down-to-earth about the recruiting process. Left a great impression of the type of people they hire.

Interview Questions

• Resume questions. No coding.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer was good considering the area and cost of living.

Other Interview Reviews for Raytheon

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Raytheon in January 2017.

Interview

took about 11 days for them to schedule me an interview.
    Hiring manager interviewed me, asking general questions along with some technical questions.
    As long as you know about your stuff, it should be an easy interview

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

Had on campus interview with recruiters asking general behavioral questions, lasting about 15 min. Followed by a more extensive phone interview asking technical questions, lasting about 45 min. Finally, an in person interview in Indianapolis. The in person interview included a plant tour and was actually four 30 min interviews with four separate hiring managers over the course of 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you disagreed with someone on how to proceed with part of a project and how you resolved the situation.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied for the job online. 18 days later I received an email from someone at Talent Acquisition asking for some details about my qualifications and when would I be available for the interview.

10 days later my interview was scheduled (there was a holiday between my answers and the response indicating that the interview had been scheduled).

The experience was very positive and open for questions and concerns.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my strengths and weaknesses. All of the questions were pretty standard.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Melbourne, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

Extensive testing prior to interview. Cordial personal interview. The interview was informal. Several members of the company participated in the process. Each panel member engaged on a one to one basis. It would have been an enjoyable company to work for. At the time, I was severely traumatized by several family problems unrelated to work. And, as a result, was not immediately available to start. The interviewers were very empathetic. I believe they would make an offer if I could reapply.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Raytheon (Colorado Springs, CO) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview wasn't bad at all. The questions were fairly standard interview questions. My interviewer was cordial yet firm. I wish that the behavioral questions had been a little less personal and more focused on career ambitions. Overall, I had a pretty good experience interviewing with this company.

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

A primary phone screening to get a feel for the candidate, just brief conversation. Then a phone interview with 2 engineers and the recruiter, nothing technical, just talked about my resume. Overall easy process, don't stress, as if they have selected to interview you you are most likely already favored.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the ____ project you worked on thats on your resume.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon in December 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview after I sent my resume after 2 weeks. I was asked about my projects and some technical questions. The questions were not too bad. I was more nervous than I should have been. I was invited to the onsite interview. Will update how that goes.

Interview Questions

• Time complexity of accessing linkedlist, hashmap, and binary trees. Formula for #nodes in complete binary tree.   2 Answers

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online through the website. Process took about a month to get an e-mail. Received two phone calls in total. First was a technical interview. Second was a behavioral phone interview.

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Raytheon (Pasadena, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I have had multiple interviews with various software managers within Raytheon. Every single one was very pleasant (light questioning and good atmosphere). I got my interviews by attending the HENAAC conference in Pasadena. Most of the questions dealt with OOP concepts. There were no gotcha questions or writing down of a segment of code.