Raytheon Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Raytheon Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 15, 2017

2.6

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

Had on campus interview with recruiters asking general behavioral questions, lasting about 15 min. Followed by a more extensive phone interview asking technical questions, lasting about 45 min. Finally, an in person interview in Indianapolis. The in person interview included a plant tour and was actually four 30 min interviews with four separate hiring managers over the course of 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you disagreed with someone on how to proceed with part of a project and how you resolved the situation.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Raytheon

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied for the job online. 18 days later I received an email from someone at Talent Acquisition asking for some details about my qualifications and when would I be available for the interview.

10 days later my interview was scheduled (there was a holiday between my answers and the response indicating that the interview had been scheduled).

The experience was very positive and open for questions and concerns.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my strengths and weaknesses. All of the questions were pretty standard.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Melbourne, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

Extensive testing prior to interview. Cordial personal interview. The interview was informal. Several members of the company participated in the process. Each panel member engaged on a one to one basis. It would have been an enjoyable company to work for. At the time, I was severely traumatized by several family problems unrelated to work. And, as a result, was not immediately available to start. The interviewers were very empathetic. I believe they would make an offer if I could reapply.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Raytheon (Colorado Springs, CO) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview wasn't bad at all. The questions were fairly standard interview questions. My interviewer was cordial yet firm. I wish that the behavioral questions had been a little less personal and more focused on career ambitions. Overall, I had a pretty good experience interviewing with this company.

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

A primary phone screening to get a feel for the candidate, just brief conversation. Then a phone interview with 2 engineers and the recruiter, nothing technical, just talked about my resume. Overall easy process, don't stress, as if they have selected to interview you you are most likely already favored.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the ____ project you worked on thats on your resume.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon in December 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview after I sent my resume after 2 weeks. I was asked about my projects and some technical questions. The questions were not too bad. I was more nervous than I should have been. I was invited to the onsite interview. Will update how that goes.

Interview Questions

• Time complexity of accessing linkedlist, hashmap, and binary trees. Formula for #nodes in complete binary tree.   2 Answers

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online through the website. Process took about a month to get an e-mail. Received two phone calls in total. First was a technical interview. Second was a behavioral phone interview.

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Raytheon (Pasadena, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I have had multiple interviews with various software managers within Raytheon. Every single one was very pleasant (light questioning and good atmosphere). I got my interviews by attending the HENAAC conference in Pasadena. Most of the questions dealt with OOP concepts. There were no gotcha questions or writing down of a segment of code.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

The interview process involved getting to know me and seeing if I fit in with the team. I got to meet everyone and they interviewed me individually and as well as a group. It was very relaxed and we got to see a presentation of what they did at Raytheon.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

Was contacted by a person doing recruitment, who was interested in some of the work I was doing. We had some email conversations about the research (the person was knowledgeable, so not a standard recruiter, which was nice), and a phone interview with their cybersecurity team lead was arranged, despite knowing that I wasn't a cybersecurity analyst. The phone interview went well, very person person, and of course, it was accepted that I did not know the cybersecurity stuff (my research is useful to cybersecurity people but I am not a cybersecurity person per se). That person decided I wasn't a fit enough, and my contact was frustrated since he was sure my skillset was valuable to them but none of their current reqs fit my set. He set up another phone interview with a different group, and that went well since they were more flexible. They flew me out for a series of interviews with members of the team and the government managers, and apparently I passed, but we couldn't agree on salary. They said they wanted me, so I'm counting that as an offer, but unfortunately, they couldn't pay me an equitable salary.

So we parted on good terms. I would recommend this company, these groups doing cybersecurity, to anyone interested. It was a nice group of people, laid back and friendly, and not like the corporate/retail s/w world in my experience, especially since they were more concerned about finding new ways to do things and try new things, not just how to maximize profit or create little mini-empires. :) I wouldn't have hesitated to work for them if we could have agreed on salary, and feel it would have been a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Mainly just a discussion of my research work, but they did ask some of the usual silly coding/architecture questions that one doesn't remember typically unless you just graduated with a C.S degree or are actually doing work in that area. One, how does some function in C that takes any arguments know the type of the passed argument. Two, explain how a browser works.   1 Answer