Raytheon Systems Engineer I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Raytheon Systems Engineer I Interview Questions

Interviews at Raytheon

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon (Aurora, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

Received a pre phone interview call a month after my application. Had a full phone screen with 2 senior-level engineers and hiring manager (called from Aurora, CO).

Make sure to study all the responsibilities/duties written on the job posting and know your resume inside out. Most applicants will have different types of interviews, mine was more technical than behavioral.

Overall, I had a great experience; I was very nervous before the phone call and they really put my mind at ease with jokes before asking me questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your coursework, and how it pertains to systems engineering.   1 Answer
  • What's your experience with Microsoft/Linux servers? Do you have any experience with Agile/Scrum/Red Hat?   Answer Question
  • Please go more into detail about your senior design project.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Raytheon

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Aurora, CO) in September 2013.

Interview

No Technical Questions. Talk about generic HR questions and about yourself. Not even a phone interview. I got flown out here to get interviewed. Waited approximately 3 weeks for an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you'll be a good fit for this position.   1 Answer

Systems Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon in April 2015.

Interview

Submitted for job online through website. After about 10 days, I received an email saying they wanted to setup a 30 min. phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 15 minutes and I was told either they would pass on me, bring me in for further evaluation, or hire me directly. I was nervous after the interview because they asked a decent amount of technical questions. However, 2 days later they called me and said they want to hire me!

Anonymous Employee in Fulton, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raytheon (Fulton, MD) in January 2015.

Interview

It was a bit awkward and I had to ask to be formally interviewed in person, they were just going to offer me the job without meeting me. I wanted to know who I would be potentially working with.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in April 2011.

Interview

A big group interview that wasn't overly organized. We met for a background presentation on the company then took a tour of the facilities. All this occurred was day one. The second day was individual interviews that tended to be poorly organized and rather impersonal. This was likely due to the large number of applicants, but it still seemed like an oddly organized interview method.

Systems Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon in January 2015.

Interview

HR contacted me a little over a month after applying for the position. They wanted to setup a phone interview with the hiring manager. I was very flexible with my schedule, so I made them aware of that (bad mistake). They gave me a 2 day window when he would call me... I never received a call from him and until this day I have not heard back from them. The position is still open so is not like they cancelled it (as far as I can tell). I feel it is very unprofessional to not even call/e-mail to apologize or at least explain what was going on.

Not only that, but I called the HR representative the first day I was waiting for the phone call from the hiring manager. She did not answer, so I left a voice-mail asking for a call back so I could ask a quick question. She did not return my call, so I had to call back the next day. When she answered, all she said was: “Oh yeah, I got your voice-mail yesterday… did you have a question?”.

Not sure if other people had problems with them, but my overall experience with them has been extremely negative. Hopefully I am just a fluke and normally they are not this rude to their candidates. Otherwise, I hope someone (with authority) from the company reads this and does something about it.

Systems Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon in March 2016.

Interview

It was easy. I was just caught off guard with the call. Wasn't prepared enough to make an impression I believe. They asked about my projects and if I was willing to relocate. There wasn't any tough question but they wanted to know if I can answer anything about block diagrams and PID controller if I were to be interviewed in-person. No technical questions on the phone interview. They told me to wait two weeks for another call to set-up an in-person interview but I never received it. It's been 4 weeks, and at this point, I am a bit discouraged. However, my online job submission still says "Submission Under Review". I will update if something comes up.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate? When are you available?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in October 2015.

Interview

I first had a phone interview with two people, then got invited to a hiring event with over 200 people. The interview took about 45 minutes. There was a panel of three from the department. We mostly talked about my experience with a couple behavioral questions, but nothing too difficult. They were looking to hire a lot a people and it seemed like everyone I talked to got offers. As long as you have some good experience, preferably an internship, you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• What attracted you to Raytheon?
      What's your ideal career path?
      Make sure you have questions for the end.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in May 2012.

Interview

The interview process was a day long marathon, meeting with different employees and leaders, where they try to establish both a technical and personal fit. I had some experience in the field, but much of what they are looking for is the desire to learn. There was a nice lunch, ample opportunity to explore the campus and meet with people in my team, and the day concluded with a final question and answer period with the department manager.

Interview Questions

• What kind of information can be obtained about a target from a monopulse radar system?   1 Answer

Systems Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Raytheon in September 2014.

Interview

Went to my university’s career fair and talked to the recruiter, who is also an alumni. Briefly described my course projects and courses that relates to the position. At the end of our conversation he asked me to leave my email and contact information to schedule an on-campus interview. Got an email the same night confirming my interview tomorrow afternoon.

Interview Questions

• The interview was a 30 min 1:1 interview with a senior recruiter. Most questions were behavioral such as describing a difficult moment during a team project and how you resolved it. Other questions were like how you prove yourself as a team player or what would you do if the team’s progress is falling behind. Was also asked if I’d relocate. At the end of the interview was told I would get results no later than the end of the week. Didn’t hear back from the recruiter so I assumed they went with other candidates.   Answer Question