Raytheon Systems Engineer I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Raytheon Systems Engineer I Interview Questions

Updated Feb 28, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by HR over the phone asking me if I wanted to set up an interview on campus. Met with 6 people in total, some 1:1 and a couple 2:1 mostly behavioral questions and some technical. Got a short tour and had lunch on campus. Heard a week later about the my status.

Interview Questions

• What did you find difficult being in a leadership position?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Raytheon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in December 2016.

Interview

Interview process took 3 weeks in total. First had a phone interview screen with a recruiter, talked about the company, department, and my background. Got contacted next week by email inviting me to a hiring event. Interviewed with 7 people in total, took about 5 hours.

Interview Questions

• What is your background in object oriented programming?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon (Boston, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by a single member of an engineering team. The questions were behavioral and experience based. The interview took about twenty minutes. The first half was about my experience and resume. The second half was when I could ask questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe myself which is a standard behavioral question. Most questions were based off of my resume. The interviewer asked me to go into specific details about my research projects and what programming languages I knew.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

Email screen then phone teleconference interview with multiple managers then in person interview with multiple managers at once. Just went over resume and talked. Offer came a couple weeks after the in person interview. Positive experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Springfield, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

I completed a phone interview with the interviewer asking various questions about my background and experience. The interview was mainly the interviewer describing the job and the types of things they do. After going over the job, the interviewer then asked me questions, and then set aside a time for me to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe a time I led a team to accomplish an overall goal.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon in March 2016.

Interview

It was easy. I was just caught off guard with the call. Wasn't prepared enough to make an impression I believe. They asked about my projects and if I was willing to relocate. There wasn't any tough question but they wanted to know if I can answer anything about block diagrams and PID controller if I were to be interviewed in-person. No technical questions on the phone interview. They told me to wait two weeks for another call to set-up an in-person interview but I never received it. It's been 4 weeks, and at this point, I am a bit discouraged. However, my online job submission still says "Submission Under Review". I will update if something comes up.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate? When are you available?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in March 2016.

Interview

Multiple phone interviews (with different product lines within a single department) then travel to an on-site hiring event (great event!) where I had multiple interviews (both 1:1 and 3:1). I found out if I got the job the same day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tewksbury, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tewksbury, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

I felt like a sheep. But I am biased because I see myself as more of a small company person, and I mostly did this interview to see what happened. It was my first on-site interview.

There were a few logistical errors that I would have expected a company like Raytheon to avoid. For example, they didn't give us a schedule, so I scheduled my departure flight too early. They rearranged the schedule so that we could all make our flights.

They did a company overview and then interviews. There were maybe 50 students across a few fields. The overview was mostly talking about benefits and the company's history.

The interviews were short, maybe 20-25 minutes with engineers. I had three interviews. My first one was 90% the guy talking, who knows what he was even talking about at this point. One piece of advice he gave me was to 'find the company you want, find the location you want, and then you can get married and have kids.' Right. The second and third one were more what I was expecting. We talked about my leadership position, my coding experience, the project I am involved in right now, things like that. It didn't seem very prepared, no tricky questions, mostly describing the position, looking over my resume, and then asking if I had any questions. It kind of felt like I was talking to a friend's dad.

One nice thing was that we found out that day whether we would get an offer or not.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in October 2015.

Interview

I first had a phone interview with two people, then got invited to a hiring event with over 200 people. The interview took about 45 minutes. There was a panel of three from the department. We mostly talked about my experience with a couple behavioral questions, but nothing too difficult. They were looking to hire a lot a people and it seemed like everyone I talked to got offers. As long as you have some good experience, preferably an internship, you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• What attracted you to Raytheon?
      What's your ideal career path?
      Make sure you have questions for the end.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon (Aurora, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

Received a pre phone interview call a month after my application. Had a full phone screen with 2 senior-level engineers and hiring manager (called from Aurora, CO).

Make sure to study all the responsibilities/duties written on the job posting and know your resume inside out. Most applicants will have different types of interviews, mine was more technical than behavioral.

Overall, I had a great experience; I was very nervous before the phone call and they really put my mind at ease with jokes before asking me questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your coursework, and how it pertains to systems engineering.   1 Answer
    • What's your experience with Microsoft/Linux servers? Do you have any experience with Agile/Scrum/Red Hat?   Answer Question
    • Please go more into detail about your senior design project.   1 Answer