Raytheon Systems Engineer II Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Raytheon Systems Engineer II Interview Questions

Updated Feb 10, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Aurora, CO).

Interview

Applied online and received an email two weeks later see when I was available to interview. After I received an offer, it took two more weeks until I started with the company.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Raytheon

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in November 2016.

Interview

I was cold called by a recruiter for one of their hiring events (they had my resume on hand from last year). The event lasted a few days and included a tour of the plant, a networking event where you can meet the section heads and potentially score more interviews, then an interview day. I came with one guaranteed interview and ended up with three; could've gotten more if I wanted.

Interview Questions

• Varied from group to group; ranged from several high-level technical questions about previous work to your garden variety interview questions to no questions whatsoever.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

They were nice and in need I believe so most of us who came got offers. I interviewed with three different groups. It was fairly easy to interview with other groups if you wanted to.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Woburn, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was fairly easy. But, at first, I got nervious which put me in a bad spot. I never thought I would have an offer. But considering Interviewed with 3 different persons, something was telleing me they were chances of having an offer.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing at Raytheon in a couple of years?   Answer Question

After looking for this position in this area, I noticed that the offer was below the mean and the last offer they puttted out for a former employee reporting to Glassdoor. And after making the research, it was totally unfair and not felt motivated to leave my current job after saw their offer. Persons with experience will use this resources to get prepaired for any job offer.

Systems Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon in May 2016.

Interview

Contacted by Talent Acquisition two months after submitting my application. We set up a time for a phone interview. Four managers talked to me on the phone. Each person described their history with the company. They asked me questions about things on my resume and my level of experience with Matlab. They had a written offer for me within a week.

Interview Questions

• Describe events on your resume.
      What's your favorite Matlab command?
      Describe your Matlab abilities on a scale of 1-10.
      Describe some problems you've dealt with as a leader.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Aurora, CO) in January 2016.

Interview

I was invited to a hiring event. I talked with a manager for 90 minutes, and it felt more like a conversation than an interview. At the end of our discussion, he said I'd fill out an online application as a formality and to expect an offer in about 3 weeks, which is exactly what happened. There were no questions designed to test specific technical knowledge, but we did discuss my technical abilities based on my previous experience. He was a fantastic interviewer and I enjoyed my experience.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Boston, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

Completed a screening interview at my school and applied online for a few positions online. Was emailed about one and invited for an in-person interview. They first gave a presentation with an overview of Raytheon and the division. Then three hours of interviews. Six different hiring mangers interviewed six or seven candidates for more than one position within one systems directorate, but there were over 50 students being interviewed for other positions like software and mechanical. They gave us lunch and then the process was over. Received a letter of intent that afternoon and the formal offer a week later. Was able to negotiate for a slightly higher salary.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions along with Matlab experience. Why systems engineering and why Raytheon.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

Recruiter called to set up an appointment. At the location, interviewed with three engineers, one-on-one. Discussed the project, my academic experience (Ph.D. work), and my engineering / scientific knowledge. Learned about the company and many of its other related current and future projects. Toured the facility and met a few of the employees.

Interview Questions

• What was your dissertation topic?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tewksbury, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tewksbury, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

I had two sets of interviews, both with two people at a time. They asked me about my interests and what work I had done previously, and described their team and what sort of work they do.

Anonymous Employee in Riverdale, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Riverdale, MD) in February 2015.

Interview

Both the phone and face to face interviews were very cordial and friendly. Not much technical questions but mainly focused on your experiences (school/ past work). Face to face interview was more in depth in terms of asking about personality and teamwork questions. They really want to know how you would work in a team and what type of a team player you are.