Raytheon Systems Engineer II Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 12, 2018

2.3

28 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Aurora, CO).

Interview

Applied online and received an email two weeks later see when I was available to interview. After I received an offer, it took two more weeks until I started with the company.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Raytheon

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in November 2016.

Interview

I was cold called by a recruiter for one of their hiring events (they had my resume on hand from last year). The event lasted a few days and included a tour of the plant, a networking event where you can meet the section heads and potentially score more interviews, then an interview day. I came with one guaranteed interview and ended up with three; could've gotten more if I wanted.

Interview Questions

• Varied from group to group; ranged from several high-level technical questions about previous work to your garden variety interview questions to no questions whatsoever.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon in May 2016.

Interview

Contacted by Talent Acquisition two months after submitting my application. We set up a time for a phone interview. Four managers talked to me on the phone. Each person described their history with the company. They asked me questions about things on my resume and my level of experience with Matlab. They had a written offer for me within a week.

Interview Questions

• Describe events on your resume.
      What's your favorite Matlab command?
      Describe your Matlab abilities on a scale of 1-10.
      Describe some problems you've dealt with as a leader.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Woburn, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was fairly easy. But, at first, I got nervious which put me in a bad spot. I never thought I would have an offer. But considering Interviewed with 3 different persons, something was telleing me they were chances of having an offer.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing at Raytheon in a couple of years?   Answer Question

After looking for this position in this area, I noticed that the offer was below the mean and the last offer they puttted out for a former employee reporting to Glassdoor. And after making the research, it was totally unfair and not felt motivated to leave my current job after saw their offer. Persons with experience will use this resources to get prepaired for any job offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

They were nice and in need I believe so most of us who came got offers. I interviewed with three different groups. It was fairly easy to interview with other groups if you wanted to.

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Raytheon (Richardson, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

The process was very easy. I received an email about a open house in Texas. I RSVP'd and attended the event. I interviewed with one manager, and was offered a job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• The interview was easy and short. I barely remember the questions. I think they just asked why I wanted the job and why Raytheon   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in September 2017.

Interview

Entire process took about 2 months. Recruiter E-mailed me for a phone interview. Few days after the phone interview, got an E-mail to interview on site. Chose a date and was flown out, all expenses paid for a 3-day stay. 1 day, 5 hour interview with 6 different people.

Interview Questions

• How does the work you perform now relate to the job description? (Phone)   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you took a risk?   1 Answer
    • You are creating a security system for your house to protect you and your family. Describe the layers of protection.   1 Answer
    • Now devise a plan to break into your house....   1 Answer

Systems Engineer II Interview

Interview

1st interview was over the phone. Then they flew me out to Tuscon AZ for the weekend, all expenses paid. 1 interview with one person - very straightforward. Mostly questions about my school work and senior project.

Interview Questions

• Describe your senior project.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Raytheon (Marlborough, MA) in August 2009.

Interview

Had 6 interviews - know your resume well. Questions tend to build off of your resume. They may ask what if you did you project this way? Is it possible? What potential problems do you forsee?

Surprisingly, I didn't get any behavioral questions. I would be prepared with them just in case.

Interview Questions

• What if you did your project this way? What potential problems do you forsee?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Marlborough, MA) in November 2012.

Interview

I applied online, and a week later, I received an email from an engineering fellow about a phone screening. He asked me what type of work I was interested in, and explained their work. He liked my responses, so arranged to fly me out for an on-site interview. HR arranged all the travel and stuff for me, and I arrived in Marlborough the afternoon before. The directions to the site were a bit trickier than I thought, so I arrived a few minutes late.

I had four interviews with four managers. First one just talked at me, but the second guy was pretty excited about technical questions, which covered a whole range (waveforms, networks, coding, filters), and third guy was kind of behavioral. Fourth interview was also just chatting, mainly about life in Massachusetts. I had lunch with one of the junior engineers, officially not an interview, and then had a follow up with the recruiter, who said she'd be in touch with me within a week. This was a Wednesday. I received a call from her on Monday, and the offer package arrived on Tuesday.

Interview Questions

• Why does the DVBS-2 standard use 16APSK instead 16PSK constellation? Also some questions about filtering, since I usually would have separated that from communications subjects (more towards signal processing)   1 Answer

I think that relocation assistance was insufficient. HR was not willing to budge on it. I took another offer with another company that was local (same salary and everything)