Raytheon Systems Engineer II Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 12, 2018

2.3

28 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in April 2018.

Interview

Brief phone interview, series of interviews at Raytheon (HR, behavioral, technical). Some of the behavioral questions were a little more offbeat, and also included some Raytheon trivia questions. The technical focused on skills I had listed on my resume, and some general math.

Interview Questions

• How do you define success?   Answer Question
  • Who is the current CEO of Raytheon?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when... (group dynamics question)?   Answer Question
  • Questions about resume and general skills (in my case, things about coding and object oriented programming, general math, general problem solving)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Raytheon

Systems Engineer II Interview

Interview

1st interview was over the phone. Then they flew me out to Tuscon AZ for the weekend, all expenses paid. 1 interview with one person - very straightforward. Mostly questions about my school work and senior project.

Interview Questions

• Describe your senior project.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in September 2017.

Interview

Entire process took about 2 months. Recruiter E-mailed me for a phone interview. Few days after the phone interview, got an E-mail to interview on site. Chose a date and was flown out, all expenses paid for a 3-day stay. 1 day, 5 hour interview with 6 different people.

Interview Questions

• How does the work you perform now relate to the job description? (Phone)   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you took a risk?   1 Answer
    • You are creating a security system for your house to protect you and your family. Describe the layers of protection.   1 Answer
    • Now devise a plan to break into your house....   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Raytheon (Richardson, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

The process was very easy. I received an email about a open house in Texas. I RSVP'd and attended the event. I interviewed with one manager, and was offered a job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• The interview was easy and short. I barely remember the questions. I think they just asked why I wanted the job and why Raytheon   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Aurora, CO).

Interview

Applied online and received an email two weeks later see when I was available to interview. After I received an offer, it took two more weeks until I started with the company.

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in November 2016.

Interview

I was cold called by a recruiter for one of their hiring events (they had my resume on hand from last year). The event lasted a few days and included a tour of the plant, a networking event where you can meet the section heads and potentially score more interviews, then an interview day. I came with one guaranteed interview and ended up with three; could've gotten more if I wanted.

Interview Questions

• Varied from group to group; ranged from several high-level technical questions about previous work to your garden variety interview questions to no questions whatsoever.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

They were nice and in need I believe so most of us who came got offers. I interviewed with three different groups. It was fairly easy to interview with other groups if you wanted to.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Woburn, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was fairly easy. But, at first, I got nervious which put me in a bad spot. I never thought I would have an offer. But considering Interviewed with 3 different persons, something was telleing me they were chances of having an offer.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing at Raytheon in a couple of years?   Answer Question

After looking for this position in this area, I noticed that the offer was below the mean and the last offer they puttted out for a former employee reporting to Glassdoor. And after making the research, it was totally unfair and not felt motivated to leave my current job after saw their offer. Persons with experience will use this resources to get prepaired for any job offer.

Systems Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon in May 2016.

Interview

Contacted by Talent Acquisition two months after submitting my application. We set up a time for a phone interview. Four managers talked to me on the phone. Each person described their history with the company. They asked me questions about things on my resume and my level of experience with Matlab. They had a written offer for me within a week.

Interview Questions

• Describe events on your resume.
      What's your favorite Matlab command?
      Describe your Matlab abilities on a scale of 1-10.
      Describe some problems you've dealt with as a leader.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Aurora, CO) in January 2016.

Interview

I was invited to a hiring event. I talked with a manager for 90 minutes, and it felt more like a conversation than an interview. At the end of our discussion, he said I'd fill out an online application as a formality and to expect an offer in about 3 weeks, which is exactly what happened. There were no questions designed to test specific technical knowledge, but we did discuss my technical abilities based on my previous experience. He was a fantastic interviewer and I enjoyed my experience.