Raytheon Systems Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 11, 2017

2.4

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in December 2017.

Interview

Phone interview and then a basic “behavioral interview” to make sure I was a good fit for the team. They paid for me to fly out and my hotel. The process was nice and easy.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Raytheon

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied never heard anything. I have many years of experience and was contacted by a recruiter for the company. The way a company responds to potential employees speaks volumes. If they do not respect people enough to give them even the most basic rejection letter how will they respect you as an employee? Future contact will be ignored in kind.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

Invited to hiring event in Boston MA. Spent two days learning about the company, interviewing, touring facilities etc. Great experience, wonderful people, very reasonable interviews. Interviews felt more like a conversation.

Interview Questions

• What was one challenge you faced as a leader and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Raytheon (Dallas, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

The hiring conference was well done with multiple interviews being conducted in an open setting. It was advertised on their company website and even though the main division was well represented other company divisions attended to hire as well. Hiring managers were very helpful in redirecting people where they might best be employed.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon in October 2017.

Interview

You start off with an initial phone screening. Most of these questions are behavioral and not technical. They try to get a feel for potential employees before inviting them on site for interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when genuinely mad and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Raytheon (Aurora, CO) in July 2017.

Interview

It was a professional open house. They saw my resume, liked what they saw, and proceeded to sell me on Raytheon and extended an offer. They were nice and friendly. If you fit the position they most likely will extend an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Raytheon (El Segundo, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Standard in person interview. I had a 45 minute interview with two hiring managers. The interview was very casual and focused on talking about my resume. The rest of the interview consisted of some basic questions and the end included questions that I had for the hiring managers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tewksbury, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tewksbury, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

Went in for a Candidate's Day, where we had a brief presentation about what the company does. Then had four 30 minute interviews with one or two team leaders. The interviews mostly went over the position and wanted to hear about my background.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

The overall process from application to interview to hiring transpired under a month. In the interview many of the basic questions were not asked because they were seeking what problem solving skills I had possessed.

Interview Questions

• As a systems engineer how would you solve a problem on a project?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tewksbury, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tewksbury, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple. I was brought in with about 30 other job candidates who were mostly looking for full time positions rather than internships. We sat through a company presentation and were then interviewed by respective teams. I met with several members of the team and we went through my resume with a few simple coding questions. The interview lasted about half of the day.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you with MATLAB? Some simple coding questions.   Answer Question