Raytheon Systems Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Raytheon Systems Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Raytheon

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Raytheon (Aurora, CO) in February 2015.

Interview

Received an e-mail requesting an interview at the local work area. Met at front desk by manager and HR Rep. Small interview room with 2 others where job responsibilities discussed, and questions asked and answered. Interview team very personable, but very busy. No promises made even though it appeared to be a good match.

Interview Questions

• What is your current clearance level?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Raytheon

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

Interviewed with several managers for 30 min each, went over more general/personality fit questions than technical questions since I was a college grad and they had my transcript/GPA.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any moral obligations against working in the defense field   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Raytheon (Woburn, MA) in June 2012.

Interview

Panel interview with multiple senior engineers per session but the atmosphere was very relaxed. You get a chance to ask the interviewers questions afterwards which is nice since you get to learn a little more about the company. It is also appreciated that you ask question because it shows that you are genuinely interested in working there.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation on salary for entry level position

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

The overall process from application to interview to hiring transpired under a month. In the interview many of the basic questions were not asked because they were seeking what problem solving skills I had possessed.

Interview Questions

• As a systems engineer how would you solve a problem on a project?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tewksbury, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tewksbury, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple. I was brought in with about 30 other job candidates who were mostly looking for full time positions rather than internships. We sat through a company presentation and were then interviewed by respective teams. I met with several members of the team and we went through my resume with a few simple coding questions. The interview lasted about half of the day.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you with MATLAB? Some simple coding questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Raytheon (Andover, MA) in May 2009.

Interview

They found my resume in their database and invited me to a hiring event. I had three people at the table interviewing me, and they just asked me questions like what would make me a valuable asset to the company. There were no technical questions. My impression afterwards was that they were looking for people with the right kind of personality to fit in their team, rather than technical expertise.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a valuable candidate to work with us?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, VA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Raytheon (Springfield, VA) in January 2010.

Interview

Two person interview. Generally very respectful, the questions were fair, with a typical behavioral/traditional interview question setup. It lasted for about one hour and due to the type of work I was interviewing for I could not be told specifics about the job, which is understandable. They paid for my whole trip, which was very pleasant, and I thought it was a very generous offer for a relatively quick interview. Overall impressions are good, hopefully they will contact me soon. No offer received just yet.

Interview Questions

• So tell me about a time you tried something new, or something you have not done before?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Raytheon (Andover, MA) in May 2008.

Interview

I was contacted after submitting my resume in the SHPE conference and applying to the Req# indicated by the recruiter. The manager of the team called me and talked to me about the program and the position expectations. He asked me if I had any questions. Then withing 20 mins HR contacted me and emailed me the offer.

After my internship I was offered a full time position.

Negotiation

Had to respond within 12 days.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon in May 2014.

Interview

From Day 0 to Day n the process was outstanding. Everyone that I dealt with was extremely professional, yet confidently relaxed. I went through two phone interviews and one face-to-face interview. All were very thorough with a strong focus on the submitted resume. Additionally, the technical questions were solid yet not overwhelming.

Interview Questions

• If confronted with a problem that you do not know how to solve, how would you go about doing it?   Answer Question

Timing. A contract award process was taking forever and I was offered a job at another company that was closer to what I wanted to do at about the same salary.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

Initial communication through a recruiter, then comes a phone interview with the project manager/hiring manager. Within a week you should find out if they want to fly you to location for a 1:1 interview. You will meet with three or four different managers on location who will ask you mostly similar questions about.. When was a time when you had to solve a problem? When was a time where you had to deal with a difficult colleague? When was a time when you went above and beyond? They will rent you a car and put you up and the recruiters are very helpful and open. You may have to bug them for an answer whether you got the job or not if it has been over a week later.

Interview Questions

• All the usual problem-solving type questions asked, but no technical questions, mostly personality.   Answer Question