Raytheon Systems Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 13, 2017

2.4

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Raytheon (Aurora, CO) in July 2017.

Interview

It was a professional open house. They saw my resume, liked what they saw, and proceeded to sell me on Raytheon and extended an offer. They were nice and friendly. If you fit the position they most likely will extend an offer.

Other Interview Reviews for Raytheon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Raytheon (El Segundo, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Standard in person interview. I had a 45 minute interview with two hiring managers. The interview was very casual and focused on talking about my resume. The rest of the interview consisted of some basic questions and the end included questions that I had for the hiring managers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tewksbury, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tewksbury, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

Went in for a Candidate's Day, where we had a brief presentation about what the company does. Then had four 30 minute interviews with one or two team leaders. The interviews mostly went over the position and wanted to hear about my background.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

The overall process from application to interview to hiring transpired under a month. In the interview many of the basic questions were not asked because they were seeking what problem solving skills I had possessed.

Interview Questions

• As a systems engineer how would you solve a problem on a project?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tewksbury, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tewksbury, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple. I was brought in with about 30 other job candidates who were mostly looking for full time positions rather than internships. We sat through a company presentation and were then interviewed by respective teams. I met with several members of the team and we went through my resume with a few simple coding questions. The interview lasted about half of the day.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you with MATLAB? Some simple coding questions.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

Interviewed with several managers for 30 min each, went over more general/personality fit questions than technical questions since I was a college grad and they had my transcript/GPA.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any moral obligations against working in the defense field   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Raytheon (Aurora, CO) in February 2015.

Interview

Received an e-mail requesting an interview at the local work area. Met at front desk by manager and HR Rep. Small interview room with 2 others where job responsibilities discussed, and questions asked and answered. Interview team very personable, but very busy. No promises made even though it appeared to be a good match.

Interview Questions

• What is your current clearance level?   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon in May 2014.

Interview

From Day 0 to Day n the process was outstanding. Everyone that I dealt with was extremely professional, yet confidently relaxed. I went through two phone interviews and one face-to-face interview. All were very thorough with a strong focus on the submitted resume. Additionally, the technical questions were solid yet not overwhelming.

Interview Questions

• If confronted with a problem that you do not know how to solve, how would you go about doing it?   Answer Question

Timing. A contract award process was taking forever and I was offered a job at another company that was closer to what I wanted to do at about the same salary.

Anonymous Employee in Fullerton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Fullerton, CA).

Interview

Out of college, I was subjected to a round robin style interview session. The first interview was with a relatively new/young engineer. I felt that this interview really helped Raytheon determine if I retained anything in school and was up with the technology. The second and third interviews were with engineering management; one technical, one non-technical. The technical portion really focused on aspects of my resume that could apply to the position I was interviewing for. The non-technical interview was focused on my life in general, work experience, and how I handle certain types of stress, people, etc.

Interview Questions

• Always the most difficult is "What are your weaknesses".   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

I got an interview through an internal reference then received my offer about 3 weeks after that.

Interview Questions

• Questions were standard boiler plate such as "Describe a time when you had to diffuse a conflict" or "Talk about some relevant experiences".   Answer Question