Raytheon Systems Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Raytheon Systems Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 19, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tewksbury, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tewksbury, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

Went in for a Candidate's Day, where we had a brief presentation about what the company does. Then had four 30 minute interviews with one or two team leaders. The interviews mostly went over the position and wanted to hear about my background.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Raytheon

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

The overall process from application to interview to hiring transpired under a month. In the interview many of the basic questions were not asked because they were seeking what problem solving skills I had possessed.

Interview Questions

• As a systems engineer how would you solve a problem on a project?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tewksbury, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tewksbury, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple. I was brought in with about 30 other job candidates who were mostly looking for full time positions rather than internships. We sat through a company presentation and were then interviewed by respective teams. I met with several members of the team and we went through my resume with a few simple coding questions. The interview lasted about half of the day.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you with MATLAB? Some simple coding questions.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

Interviewed with several managers for 30 min each, went over more general/personality fit questions than technical questions since I was a college grad and they had my transcript/GPA.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any moral obligations against working in the defense field   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Raytheon (Aurora, CO) in February 2015.

Interview

Received an e-mail requesting an interview at the local work area. Met at front desk by manager and HR Rep. Small interview room with 2 others where job responsibilities discussed, and questions asked and answered. Interview team very personable, but very busy. No promises made even though it appeared to be a good match.

Interview Questions

• What is your current clearance level?   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon in May 2014.

Interview

From Day 0 to Day n the process was outstanding. Everyone that I dealt with was extremely professional, yet confidently relaxed. I went through two phone interviews and one face-to-face interview. All were very thorough with a strong focus on the submitted resume. Additionally, the technical questions were solid yet not overwhelming.

Interview Questions

• If confronted with a problem that you do not know how to solve, how would you go about doing it?   Answer Question

Timing. A contract award process was taking forever and I was offered a job at another company that was closer to what I wanted to do at about the same salary.

Anonymous Employee in Fullerton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Fullerton, CA).

Interview

Out of college, I was subjected to a round robin style interview session. The first interview was with a relatively new/young engineer. I felt that this interview really helped Raytheon determine if I retained anything in school and was up with the technology. The second and third interviews were with engineering management; one technical, one non-technical. The technical portion really focused on aspects of my resume that could apply to the position I was interviewing for. The non-technical interview was focused on my life in general, work experience, and how I handle certain types of stress, people, etc.

Interview Questions

• Always the most difficult is "What are your weaknesses".   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

I got an interview through an internal reference then received my offer about 3 weeks after that.

Interview Questions

• Questions were standard boiler plate such as "Describe a time when you had to diffuse a conflict" or "Talk about some relevant experiences".   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

Initial communication through a recruiter, then comes a phone interview with the project manager/hiring manager. Within a week you should find out if they want to fly you to location for a 1:1 interview. You will meet with three or four different managers on location who will ask you mostly similar questions about.. When was a time when you had to solve a problem? When was a time where you had to deal with a difficult colleague? When was a time when you went above and beyond? They will rent you a car and put you up and the recruiters are very helpful and open. You may have to bug them for an answer whether you got the job or not if it has been over a week later.

Interview Questions

• All the usual problem-solving type questions asked, but no technical questions, mostly personality.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in June 2012.

Interview

Shortly after I applied through the employee referral process I was contacted by a recruiter. I was interviewed for a position that I did not initially apply for so the phone call was basically to gauge my interest in the position, this call lasted roughly 15 minutes and I was offered a chance to come onsite for a hiring event and interview. I flew to the campus and was taken out to dinner the first night by the Engineering HR group. This gave all the candidates to ask questions about the company. The next day I was put through 3 different sets of interviews. The interviews were made up of 3-4 different people with varying backgrounds. The next day I received an offer for the position that I interviewed for.

Interview Questions

• The questions asked were very basic. Mostly asking about my role on various team projects and my internships. Nothing out of the ordinary, very easy technical questions about the systems engineering process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, generous offer as well as a relocation package