Raytheon Interview Questions in Tewksbury, MA | Glassdoor

Updated May 22, 2017

2.7

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tewksbury, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tewksbury, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with a recruiter, followed by a phone interview with two hiring managers, followed by an in-person interview. They flew me out to interview and the process was very efficient and streamlined.

No technical or structured questions in any of my interactions, just went over my resume, asked questions, and gave me a chance to ask questions of my own. Everyone was very respectful and helpful. Overall a great interviewing experience. The laid back atmosphere is better for everyone involved.

Interview Questions

• Just questions about my resume and experience. No specific questions.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tewksbury, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tewksbury, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

Went in for a Candidate's Day, where we had a brief presentation about what the company does. Then had four 30 minute interviews with one or two team leaders. The interviews mostly went over the position and wanted to hear about my background.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tewksbury, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tewksbury, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was fairly straight forward with personality based questions. The only thing that was a bit nerve-racking at first was that it was a group of 5 people interviewing me at once but this turned out to be for the best because each of these people were from different branches of the company. They were all very nice and wanted to make sure they placed me in a position I would be happy with. Overall it was a great interview with very nice people.

Mechanical Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tewksbury, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tewksbury, MA).

Interview

Came in for an "interview day" with a number of other candidates. Interviewed across five different departments, each interview was one-on-one and about half an hour long. In total my visit lasted about four or five hours. Interviews were pretty casual, not too much pressure, and the interviewers themselves were quite conversational.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Raytheon?   2 Answers

Electrical Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tewksbury, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tewksbury, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Went to a university career fair, and the recruiter sent my resume to a Raytheon engineer. One week later, HR emailed me asking to apply to the job requisition so that they could set up an interview. I ended up interviewing with three managers from one department, and didn't hear back for another four weeks. I had to email the recruiter, after which I was assigned another interview with another manager. One week later, I received an email for an onsite interview and tour. The following week, I was asked to present my transcript via email, and two weeks later, I received the rejection letter.

Systems Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tewksbury, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tewksbury, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

I felt like a sheep. But I am biased because I see myself as more of a small company person, and I mostly did this interview to see what happened. It was my first on-site interview.

There were a few logistical errors that I would have expected a company like Raytheon to avoid. For example, they didn't give us a schedule, so I scheduled my departure flight too early. They rearranged the schedule so that we could all make our flights.

They did a company overview and then interviews. There were maybe 50 students across a few fields. The overview was mostly talking about benefits and the company's history.

The interviews were short, maybe 20-25 minutes with engineers. I had three interviews. My first one was 90% the guy talking, who knows what he was even talking about at this point. One piece of advice he gave me was to 'find the company you want, find the location you want, and then you can get married and have kids.' Right. The second and third one were more what I was expecting. We talked about my leadership position, my coding experience, the project I am involved in right now, things like that. It didn't seem very prepared, no tricky questions, mostly describing the position, looking over my resume, and then asking if I had any questions. It kind of felt like I was talking to a friend's dad.

One nice thing was that we found out that day whether we would get an offer or not.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tewksbury, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tewksbury, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple. I was brought in with about 30 other job candidates who were mostly looking for full time positions rather than internships. We sat through a company presentation and were then interviewed by respective teams. I met with several members of the team and we went through my resume with a few simple coding questions. The interview lasted about half of the day.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you with MATLAB? Some simple coding questions.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tewksbury, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tewksbury, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

I had two sets of interviews, both with two people at a time. They asked me about my interests and what work I had done previously, and described their team and what sort of work they do.

Information Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tewksbury, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tewksbury, MA).

Interview

Slow and haphazard. RTN HR (at the time) was not putting its best face forward. Web based process was less than intuitive. Getting a person to speak to you was difficult, until the time they reach out an call you. Phone screened, then sat with HR rep, then two individuals...none super impressive.

Interview Questions

• Very basic knowledge questions, ones I'd have expected to be asked to a much junior person, not one with decades of experience. Made me question the depth of knowledge of the interviewer(s).   Answer Question

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tewksbury, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tewksbury, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a structured interview format of 3 interviewers and 6 to 8 candidates all together and then we were rotated to different rooms every 20 minutes over the coarse of the morning. The interviews basically used the resume to pick certain items for me to expand upon that had relevance to the job opening.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for a job and why is this the one for you?   Answer Question