Raytheon Interview Questions in Tucson, AZ | Glassdoor

2.7

110 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

3 day interview at a hotel. The process dragged you through security, benefits and company indoctrination. It was usually, yay, meet us we are great! Unfortunately after talking to some of the candidates, the company is reluctant to hire senior engineers. None of the senior people were hired from the event. Be careful when applying if you are older. This is my 4th interview with no results. They have all cold called me for every position, from now on I will decline any request for interviewing.

Interview Questions

• The usual questions based upon the requirements for the position. I had approx. 10 years of this experience.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

A HR will call you to schedule phone interview. If you pass phone interview, you will get invited by another HR who will ask you to go a Hiring event at JW Marriott. Go there, you will get security debriefing, fingerprinted, etc. The first day is an 8 hour event. You will plant tour for about 3 hours, assuming proven US Citizenship. and the last 2 hours is a networking session that is a complete waste of time unless you are lucky to catch the other department heads in a good mood. You will be exhausted by the first day. And you may leave earlier than the end of the networking session. Now if you make it to the interview day, You better hope you don't get the earliest time after breakfast. Unfortunately for me this was the case. You can get more than 1 interviews but like i said it's a crap shoot on the night for networking/reception.

Another thing I should mention is, If you already have clearance your in good shape but it doesn't guarantee your interview to go smoothly.

By the way interview is primarily behavioral for EE level 1. No Technical Questions will be asked.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in September 2017.

Interview

Contacted by Pamela to set up a phone interview with one of the engineers. Afterward, was flown out to Tucson for a 3-day stay. I am fresh out of graduate school and it was my first in-person interview. Be sure to arrive more than 40 minutes early as the registration takes awhile especially with a line. There is also a severe parking shortage so you need to potentially park a long way away from the building; this is the main reason for getting there so early. The situation is terrible and it was the reason why I was late. Aside from that, the interview consisted of meeting with a manager first(which I was late to) and then two employees who evaluated my personality. After that was a technical interview from two other employees and then lunch with still another employee. Afterward, I met with another manager who basically explained the company with many acronyms and was difficult to connect with. He didn't seem to want to be there. Aside from the last manager "interview", the process was smooth. The work there seemed really interesting but sadly I was not selected; I wasn't too sold on Tucson though.

Interview Questions

• What is a seed and will the outcome of the simulation always result in the same outcome with the same seed?   Answer Question
    • What is unit testing?   Answer Question
    • What are the applications of your work?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in September 2017.

Interview

Had an initial phone screen with two finance managers. I was invited to a hiring event and was flown out to Tucson, AZ (Raytheon Missile Systems). After fingerprints I interviewed with two teams of 3. General interview questions nothing challenging. After a few weeks heard back from the recruiter requesting another phone interview. Several weeks after the phone interview I received an offer. The hiring process was quite long but Raytheon’s recruiting staff was very professional and informative throughout. I would recommend based on my experience. Only reason for decline was a competing offer was too good to pass up.

Systems Engineer II Interview

Application

Interview

Entire process took about 2 months. Recruiter E-mailed me for a phone interview. Few days after the phone interview, got an E-mail to interview on site. Chose a date and was flown out, all expenses paid for a 3-day stay. 1 day, 5 hour interview with 6 different people.

Interview Questions

• How does the work you perform now relate to the job description? (Phone)   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you took a risk?   1 Answer
    • You are creating a security system for your house to protect you and your family. Describe the layers of protection.   1 Answer
    • Now devise a plan to break into your house....   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in July 2017.

Interview

The hiring event was at the Marriot, and the HR folks were over the top professional and courteous. However, meeting and talking with the engineering leads and managers revealed a nasty culture of insecure jerks who play games and are less than professional. One of them tried playing "Stump the Chump" in his quest to get me to say the exact thing he had on his mind. Except he was wrong, and he lost badly. He was so far out of his element of expertise, and he had no idea that the very topic he was trying to mock me with was the very one I have a US patent in.....So Raytheon used to be known as the employer of complete jerks for managers and little backstabbing insecure small minded people as minions. Not much has changed.

Interview Questions

• I am your manager, and I disagree with you. How are you going to change my mind?

You don't know what the problem is, but how would you fix it?

Since we only work with rockets here, how will your previous experience help you function? (note, my experience was a lot wider and varied than just rockets, so the question was more of an insult than a question) Anyone with experience in anything would have no trouble making useful engineer decisions in a rocket manufacturing role. It's not rocket science after all..... it's simple assembly and tooling and testing

How have you dealt with a coworker you don't agree with? (Ironic this question got asked, because the 3 interviewers seemed to have no idea how to even ask normal questions without being unpleasant and generally negative. They constantly rolled eyes, lied, gave PC answers-more lying, and emitted a body language that said they were miserable interacting with real people who have real skills and experience.)   1 Answer

Senior Systems Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

Received phone call from HR the next day after applying online with typical screener questions. Received a call from hiring manager the next day then setup onsite interview. Overall interview process was organized and it was a panel

Systems Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied in the beginning of February, 2017. About 3 weeks after applying I received an email from a recruiter asking to set up a phone screening interview to determine if I was to be invited to a hiring event scheduled for the end of the next month. The screening was set up for a couple days later. The interview was with a senior engineer and was to last 30-45 minutes, but ended up lasting about an hour as it felt more like a conversation than an interview. I was asked mainly about myself as well as some hypothetical behavioral questions and items on my resume. At the end of the screening I was given an opportunity to ask questions and was told a recommendation would be put forward for me to attend the hiring event.

A week later I received an email from another recruiter officially inviting me to the hiring event. It was to be a 2 day event, and I was asked if I was available for those days as I was required to attend both. I was also asked to send a copy of my unofficial transcript to confirm my GPA was above 3.0. A couple days after confirming my availability and GPA I received a call from the recruiter. He explained a general schedule for the event as well as the interview process and how to set up travel arrangements. After the call I received 2 emails, one further explaining the event and travel and a second with a more detailed employment application. Travel was billed directly to Raytheon and included 2 nights at the hotel that the event would take place, round trip plane tickets, and a car rental. Other items such as meals, gas, parking, and checked baggage fees were eligible for reimbursement if they met certain criteria.

I arrived a day ahead of time in order to settle in before the event, and was given the opportunity to check-in with Raytheon security that evening in order to skip the lines the next day. Security check-in was required for the tours that were scheduled for the next day. I also picked up a preliminary schedule for my interviews. I was surprised to find I had another interview scheduled in addition to the one I had been invited for (I'm still not sure how that happened).

The first day of the event consisted of security check-in and the opportunity to talk to employees, local realtors, employee resource groups, and the benefits and relocation teams. This was followed by a lunch where the VP of Engineering spoke. After the VP, a panel of engineers at varying career stages answered questions from the 250+ attendees. There was a mix of those seeking internships and co-ops as well as full-time employment. Right after were the tours, split into small groups based on the department that had invited us for an interview. We stopped at 2 locations before meeting everyone at the "culture room" where we could learn more about employee learning programs, resource groups, etc. Our tour guides, who were Raytheon employees, told us that if you made it to the event there was a position open for you IF you were able to prove you are a fit for the company. In other words, you weren't competing with the people around you for a handful of spots, but rather trying to show what you could offer Raytheon. We returned to the hotel and shortly after had a networking "dinner" (heavy hors d'oeuvres) where we could talk to our interviewers or talk to other departments to try to get more interviews. You could have up to 5 total.

The day of the interviews there was a mandatory early breakfast. You didn't have to eat, but there was some information given. New interview schedules were handed out. They explained that everyone would receive a "yes" or "no" email by the end of the day. If you interviewed with multiple departments and had more than one interested in giving an offer, you would be allowed to pick between them but would only received a single "financial offer". The offer would arrive within 3 weeks. The interviews themselves were pretty straight forward. You had a panel interview with 2-3 engineers/hiring managers/HR reps that lasted about 45 minutes. There were some unexpected substitutions, but at least 1 of the interviewers I had spoken to the night before were still on my panel for both of my interviews. Both interviews were entirely behavioral, although I had spoken to some other candidates that had had more technical interviews with different departments. There were no "what's your greatest strength/weakness" type questions, thankfully. I felt very at ease during the interviews because I had gotten to know my interviewers at the networking dinner, and everyone was very friendly. The only problem I had with the event was that late check-out was not available due to the volume of candidates leaving on the same day, and I had to check-out in between my interviews, which was a little stressful. Thankfully the hotel held my bags during my last interview.

I received my "yes" email a few hours after the event ended, and an official written offer was emailed a little over a week later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time during one of your team projects when [challenge/failure/bad teammate] happened and how you [learned from/overcame/handled] it.   Answer Question
    • Why Raytheon?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years? (Phone screening)   1 Answer

Modeling, Simulation & Analysis Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

Hiring event out in Tucson. 45 minute interview with 3 hiring managers. One of them took notes about what you are saying, and they all ask questions. Some technical questions, some behavioral.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied at my campus's career fair. Then interviewed on campus with 2 people (completely behavioral interview). Then got invited out to the Raytheon hiring event and had another interview on site.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell us about a time when you had a conflict with a team member.   Answer Question
    • Q: What makes good code?   Answer Question
    • Lots of questions about the projects on my resume and previous work experience. This probably consisted of 80% of the interview.   Answer Question