Razer Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Razer Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Razer

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Razer (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Both phone screens went well. In person, spent 5 hours. The people who interviewed were nice enough. Wrote code for multiple questions which went fine. One question, I misunderstood one of the operations that I could do, so that messed up the whole thing. The interviewer did not let me know I could do that operation, without that operation, it was impossible to solve. The other had a math trick which the interviewers expected me to figure out during the interview. I did my best, and got pretty close to having an approach, but ran out of time to implement. When I did not get the right answers, the hiring manager, came in when I was supposed to meet her and said "Production Emergency!" escorting me out of the building. This was a complete lie. I followed up with the recruiter and they never responded. If they are going to be dishonest during the interview, I can only imagine what they would do with employees. Glad to not get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Similar to this: Given an array of integers eg [1, 2, -3, 1] find whether there is a sub-sequence that sums to 0 and return it (eg [1, 2, -3] or [2, -3, 1]). Return the start and end of sequence of each range. Can it be solved in less than order n^2 time?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Razer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Razer (San Francisco, CA) in October 2018.

Interview

The interview process was smooth and comfortable, however, the recruiters need to relax a little and made the process worse.

I received a phone interview with the hiring manager after two days, which was over my background and asked language specific questions.

Next interview was an on-site interview, which was set up within 2 days. This consisted of 2 2-person interviews that were about design and weren't over algorithms. There were 3-1 on 1 interviews, 1 behavioral, 1 over system architecture, and the last with the hiring manager which is behavioral and asked language specific questions.

System design and user experience is the only thing to study. There were no algorithm or data structure questions but there were specific questions on the language they were using. I was definitely challenged and lacked several skills on my end. I did get a generous offer but declined due to other reasons (hiring manager, team and salary were definitely fit).

The only negative part was that the recruiters were way overselling my skill level. While I don't want to undersell myself, they were setting me up for failure for their own benefit.

I also went through three different recruiters. The first one quit immediately and constantly bugged me about the position (commission?), which made things stressful. The second recruiter also had their last day the next week after, which was very odd. Then I had a third recruiter, which seemed fine at least, though it took over a week to hear an offer. This felt strange that two recruiters quit so quickly as if they were having layoffs or they didn't like the work there.

Interview Questions

• What can we provide to consumers to get more sales? (weird question for an engineering position)   Answer Question
    • What is a product you are proud of?   Answer Question
    • What is a product that failed?   Answer Question
    • How do you transfer a large binary file?   Answer Question
    • Design the architecture of an app talking to a server (everything from http calls on the client to how to setup and scale the server)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Razer.

Interview

"Do you play games?" This is the first question asked. It seems that able to play games in games related industry is a major plus point in Razer. After that, it will be the basic interview questions and some scenario questions where you have to answer. There is no technical tests required.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Razer (Singapore (Singapore)) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview was held in a casual manner which allowed me to relax and present myself for who I am. The interviewers were also very friendly and we got to talk about deeper topics such as career goals, interpersonal communication experiences, and even our shared interests!

Interview Questions

• What would make you want to come to work everyday?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Razer.

Interview

2 rounds of interviews. Both through phone. However, the offer came 3 weeks later which is a bit weird. The salary is negotiable but not very much. The company is friendly, but food is not great.

Interview Questions

• Basic related questions like thread, service. And some weird one like encryption. but generally speaking its a fair game   Answer Question