Razorfish Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Razorfish Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Feb 13, 2017

Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Razorfish (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

I had a quick phone interview with a recruiter on a Friday. I was scheduled for an in-person interview the following Friday. After 3 in-person interviews with the team that I would be working with, I was offered the job - probably about 45 minutes after my last interview was completed. My work experience was a good fit for the role, and I really enjoyed the team. I had no qualms about accepting.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay organized?   1 Answer

Content Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Razorfish (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me after finding me on LinkedIn. Had two phone interviews, one with the recruiter and one with another team member. It was fairly straightforward, and the questions were very standard. It ultimately did not work out as the position was for contract work and my hourly rate was too high.

Oh -- and they definitely seemed to be looking for someone with a LOT of agency experience. Just a heads up for candidates who might not have that. Be prepared for it to come up.

Interview Questions

• They really wanted to talk about past agency experience and what new things I could add to the team.   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Razorfish (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

The process is very quick and clear. They will ask you for an extra design challenge. The first round began from a school recruit event, I talked to 1 designer. Then 1 week later I got the invitation to the second round with a design challenge. It was an onsite, two hour interview with 3 designers. Finally they took you to a company tour.

Associate Presentation Layer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Razorfish (Chicago, IL).

Interview

One phone screening, one interview with 3 three people, and a final interview with a senior team member. Be prepared to discuss in-depth your passion for web development and how you work well with in a team.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Don't take the first offer on the the table!

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Razorfish (Chicago, IL).

Interview

1. Contacted by HR
    2. 2 step process one interview screening with HR and other with Hiring Manager of QA. All over the phone.
    3. Interview questions are straight forward.

Interview Questions

• How do you approach difficult tasks?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Depending on position if contract non-negotiable

Senior Account Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Razorfish (Chicago, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

Multiple rounds with various people across capabilities in each round

Interview Questions

• You'll be required to give a presentation based on a case study   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was happy with the offer so little negotiation was needed.

GCD Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Razorfish (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Painful merry go round of multiple people asking spurious questions. Top level management were nowhere to be seen.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Protracted, but I took a risk

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Razorfish (Chicago, IL) in December 2012.

Interview

Very positive 15 min phone interview was asked for an in-person interview. Due to scheduling and illness only met with 2 of 4 people I was supposed to interview with. The recruiter was very friendly and prompt. Met with an Executive Assistant and a Senior VP had a very nice conversation. Did not receive a job offer because they changed the job description to +5 years experience versus my 3 years experience. Overall wonderful, young environment, wish I got the job!

Information Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Razorfish (Chicago, IL) in August 2012.

Interview

From the day I submitted by resume, to the day I received the phone call informing me that I was hired the process took less than a month. Interviews were progressive (building from an initial recruiting screening--with an excellent recruiter I might add--moving to an over-the-phone conversation with a more senior level UX employee, and ending in a full in-person interview for which I was flown out), and each person I spoke with was professional, personable, and informative. They've really got this interviewing thing down to a science.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part for me to grasp was the company's overall lack of interest for reviewing my work during the in-person interview. The in-person was a very much "get to know you" / "get to know the company" sort of thing, which is great, but a bit jarring at first, especially when fully prepared to, in a sense, "present" my work.   Answer Question

Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Razorfish (Chicago, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

Interviewing for a role in a city other than the one I was located in. Initial phone call with recruiter went well. Followed up by one-on-one phone call with creative team lead. No follow up from the recruiter or anyone else on their team following that conversation.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience with new business.   1 Answer