Razorfish Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017

2.9

Program Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Razorfish (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

I went through the interview process for 3 months and then finally waited another 2 weeks before receiving an offer due to delay in internal processes. This was a mixture of phone, in person, groups interview and lunch interview

Interview Questions

• Questions were mixed from skills review to background employer questions. Went through phone interview, groups interview, in person & lunch interviews before getting an offer extended   Answer Question

Content Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Razorfish (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me after finding me on LinkedIn. Had two phone interviews, one with the recruiter and one with another team member. It was fairly straightforward, and the questions were very standard. It ultimately did not work out as the position was for contract work and my hourly rate was too high.

Oh -- and they definitely seemed to be looking for someone with a LOT of agency experience. Just a heads up for candidates who might not have that. Be prepared for it to come up.

Interview Questions

• They really wanted to talk about past agency experience and what new things I could add to the team.   Answer Question

Analytics and Optimization Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Razorfish (El Segundo, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Spent about 30 minutes to 1 hour with recruiter. Spent another hour with hiring manager who assessed my skills. I have a good history with previous employers, but that did not matter. The hiring manager wanted to test his applicants by giving them work. The work had nothing to do with analytics but just extracting data using SQL. The test was not designed at all. They just flipped some work to me without pay. Avoid this company. They will test you on 2% of your skills and you will never be able to demonstrate your talents in other areas. They will test you when they were never trained to create meaningful tests. I have worked with vendors and they do such a poor job in analytics. Now, I understand why. They look for a BI person who would simply extract data.

Interview Questions

• Usual questions -- what projects were you involved in.   1 Answer

Presentation Layer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Razorfish (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Went through a 1-hour phone screen which I thought went well, but then didn't hear back for a couple of weeks. Received a call from the recruiter I was working with that they wanted to do a face to face. Overall, the interview went well enough - talked with 3 different developers for about an hour. I know I didn't ace the interview but I don't think I bombed either. The negative part for me was I never heard a peep from anyone after. I expected more from a company like this - at the very least an email. Even if you don't get the job, it helps to get feedback so you can learn from the experience... apparently they don't think that way. Or, to be fair, maybe that particular recruiter didn't think that way.

Interview Questions

• How would you style a particular element within an html form?   1 Answer

Interactive Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Razorfish (Seattle, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

At first, a friend referred me to the HR person looking for candidates. I think connected with several HR people across the Seattle and SF (LA?) offices. Finally, I came in to meet with an associate creative director, followed by a meeting with a creative director. Overall, it was a great process with few hiccups.

Interview Questions

• They really wanted to know how much interactive experience I had.   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Razorfish (Cleveland, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

3 very brief phone calls. Basically asked about me and why I wanted to work for Rosetta. After that the recruiting manager called me and asked me to come in to get a tour of the office and decide if it was a place I would like to work.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Razorfish (Cleveland, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

Panel interview in Cleveland, OH... great building. The only thing is that it was confusing dealing with three different people to just do phone interviews, and a completely different person to schedule the onsite interview. Didn't get direct feedback after interviewing for the role (everything was unclear)

Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Razorfish (Cleveland, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

Great process, went very smoothly. Asked some tough questions but none that you would struggle to answer if you know what you're talking about. Got a tour of the building and they paid for parking. They are very transparent and it is obvious this is a great place to work.

Associate Presentation Layer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Razorfish (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by 3 people (a senior dev, a fellow contractor, and the lead dev for my project), and had a chance to briefly speak with the director of the dev team at that branch. They were very nice and made me feel relatively at ease, which is an achievement because I have very bad interview anxiety. There were questions about both my discipline and my personality. They are very interested in keeping a culture of open, friendly workers, and the questions they asked proved that.

Interview Questions

• They gave me a code challenge, which was the classic fizzbuzz test.   1 Answer

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Razorfish (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied in online and recruiter sent me an email to set up the interview schedule. I interviewed with two people. It took 30 minutes, and people were friendly. I just introduced myself and walked through my works and explained.