Razorfish Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 18, 2017

2.9

Associate Presentation Layer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Razorfish (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by 3 people (a senior dev, a fellow contractor, and the lead dev for my project), and had a chance to briefly speak with the director of the dev team at that branch. They were very nice and made me feel relatively at ease, which is an achievement because I have very bad interview anxiety. There were questions about both my discipline and my personality. They are very interested in keeping a culture of open, friendly workers, and the questions they asked proved that.

Interview Questions

• They gave me a code challenge, which was the classic fizzbuzz test.   1 Answer

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Razorfish (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied in online and recruiter sent me an email to set up the interview schedule. I interviewed with two people. It took 30 minutes, and people were friendly. I just introduced myself and walked through my works and explained.

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Razorfish.

Interview

Had three interviews that I thought went well, but never heard back afterwards. I find it to be disrespectful and it says a lot about the organizational culture. I would be hesitant to work for a company that doesn't extend common courtesy to their applicants. A simple form rejection email would suffice.

Client Engagement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Razorfish (Austin, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

The process took over a month, but felt professional and efficient. The Austin office doesn't have any junior level CE's, which meant I could only ask senior level employees about their day to day. This made understanding the responsibilities of the position a bit difficult. Overall, the experience was a positive one. It was very thorough and gave both parties a chance to take an honest look at the opportunity.

Interview Questions

• What hands-on experience have you had with digital?   1 Answer

SEO Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Razorfish (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I was first contacted by a recruiter and spoke with her over the phone for 15 minutes. For my second round I spoke with three people for 30 minutes each. All three were people on the team that I would be working on. Then I was contacted 2 weeks later with the offer.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Razorfish in March 2015.

Interview

I did a video interview and then heard absolutely nothing. I had to pester them to finally hear back about one of the two internships that I applied for. Still never heard back about the second one.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Razorfish in March 2015.

Interview

Talked briefly with a recruiter at a campus Career Fair and he invited me to have a brief conversation over the phone with an HR representative.

After that, I was invited to Dayton for a final round-robin group interview. They said that this was the last part of their hiring process and that negotiations would begin after all campus recruiting had been finished.

Interview Questions

• What does a Business Analyst do?   1 Answer

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Razorfish (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

The process is very quick and clear. They will ask you for an extra design challenge. The first round began from a school recruit event, I talked to 1 designer. Then 1 week later I got the invitation to the second round with a design challenge. It was an onsite, two hour interview with 3 designers. Finally they took you to a company tour.

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Razorfish (Seattle, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

I submitted online, then 4 weeks later I received an email from a recruiter to set up 1 in person interview. After the interview, I negotiated my salary with someone in a different city who was unfamiliar with my role or my skills or the market rate.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked on our client's brand before?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any questions for me?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Disheartening. The person I negotiated with had no idea of the expectations of my role, what my skills were and what market rate for my experience+skills. After everything, Razorfish was inflexible in every aspect of my compensation. Their excuse is that it all has to do with Publicis' hiring freeze.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Razorfish (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Applied online for the Technical Intern position.
    First talked to a recruiter on the phone who gave a thorough rundown of the company and mostly asked behavioral questions.
    Then had multiple onsite 1-on-1 interviews with a couple of senior engineers. Mostly talked about technical experience, past projects, and things that I'm looking to get out of my experience at Razorfish. The interviewers are interested to hear the kinds of technologies that you like working with, especially web. I was also given the chance to actually show a past project website. Together the interviewer and I stepped through the code while I explained parts of it. Overall a very refreshing interview compared to many other technical ones.