ReachLocal Internet Marketing Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ReachLocal Internet Marketing Consultant Interview Questions

2.8

Internet Marketing Consultant Interview

Interview

2 interviews...one in person with regional sales manager and another over the phone with area director.

Interview Questions

• Pros/Cons of companies employing a robust SEM strategy...challenges to run it effectively.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ReachLocal

Internet Marketing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ReachLocal.

Interview

Interview process was detailed. Three phone interviews with recruiter who works for the company and a manager outside the area. Two face to face interviews, one with the area manager and regional manager. Also went through training for a week in Dallas...very thorough. Upper management used to be present for training but company has since gone through a big disconnect.

Interview Questions

• There is an assistant position that pays a guarantee of around $70,000 or an IMC position that is salaried at $38000 plus commission. Which position are you looking for?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiated a guarantee of $50k salary first year by showing W2 from previous position.

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ReachLocal (Plano, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

The interview process involved three stages. The first was with a corporate recruiter over the phone. Then, the second interview was over the phone with the District Manager. The final interview was with both the Regional Sales Manager and Sales Manager in person at my local office. Overall, this was a logical and effective qualifying interview process for this position.

Interview Questions

• Discuss any previous accolades and highlights in my sales experience.   Answer Question

Internet Marketing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ReachLocal in June 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by a ReachLocal recruiter via LinkedIn. The recruiter was very upfront regarding the position. During the interview process I met the local Sales Manager and the Area Sales Manager in person, I had phone interview with the Regional Manager and 2 phone interviews with the recruiter. I submitted a resume, completed an online application and took an online personality test. Although it may seem like a lot of steps it went very smoothly and I was never left to wonder where I stood.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to start a career at ReachLocal?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ReachLocal (Plano, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied online and didn't receive a response until I contacted an employee to refer me into the recruiters. Phone interview w recruiter was very brief to verify relevance, and I was scheduled for an in-person with the Regional Sales Manager. They were flooded with interviewees at this time and it felt like a cattle call.

Interview Questions

• How many calls did you make per day at your last job? How many appointments did you set? How many appointments did you run? Why don't those numbers add up to your monthly number of meetings? Why didn't you make more sales?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, and offer was through the recruiters instead of management.

Internet Marketing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ReachLocal.

Interview

Interview and hiring process was extremely quick, as I'm sure the recruiter was ready to get his bonus. My recruiter was a very nice guy, but EXTREMELY dishonest in telling me what I could expect to earn.

Applied online after a job in media fell through after a management change up and was called that same day for an interview. The second interview was in person with the Regional Sales Manager where he basically just talked to me (at me) for an hour. I barely got a word in. Mainly he wanted to see how many accounts you could bring in through personal connections. And he loved the sound of his voice, so he basically just took charge of the conversation. I had an interview with the North East Director of sales over the phone the next day and was hired the next. In all, it took less than a week for everything to happen.

Interviews like this happen often in the regional offices because they are constantly firing people after only a few months or people are leaving on their own. There's an insane amount of employee turnover because it's really not all its cracked up to be.

Interview Questions

• They ask you if you understand the products. So do a lot of research if you want the job, and be ready to talk about any media sales experience you have.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase wasn't very much. They asked me what I wanted in a salary and I told them, and they obliged. I might have been able to push for more, but to be honest, it was my first job in sales (and last) and I didn't have much presence to make demands.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ReachLocal (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2013.

Interview

Although I applied for a different position, I was contacted by HR because they liked my skills for the IMC position. I emailed HR back to set up an interview but didn't hear back from HR until 2 weeks later. After sending my schedule information again to set up a phone interview, HR never got back to me, which I found odd considering they contacted me because they were interested. Unprofessional and disorganized.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ReachLocal (Houston, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

interviewed with the two managers in the office. got one call from the regional manager

Interview Questions

• it was really a conversational interview. they want to know if you have contacts that you can instantly sell to   1 Answer

Negotiation

i accepted their original offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at ReachLocal (Charlotte, NC) in May 2011.

Interview

Very unprofessional and dishonest recruiting. Why work for anyone with zero integrity and no follow through.

I was contacted by a recruiter shortly after I submitted my resume for a phone interview, and quickly moved into a one on one interview with the RSM which went "very well" and it was suggested to take the next steps.

The recruiter stated if it indeed went well that I would have a short second interview which we tried to coordinate, in order to get me to training on TX. We exchanged emails about dates and she stated we definitely will have you in first of next week.

I never heard another word from the recruiter or the hiring manager, after several attempts to follow up via phone/email.

I actually had another offer from another company that I stalled on committing to, until I had the second interview, and waited while missing both opportunities.

ZERO integrity.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ReachLocal (Chicago, IL) in April 2011.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and was contacted the same day by a recruiter. I came with 10 years of experience and numerous accomplishments and awards working with small to business owners with their digital web presence, so I was a great fit for their company which is part of the reason I was contacted immediately. I had two interview, one with the Chicago Regional Sales Director and one with the Area Sales Director.

On both interviews, I was prepared with questions I had for them regarding the opportunity and the company which showed them with my confident personality and that I truly was interested in joining their team.

Interview Questions

• I had done my homework and studied their products and technology prior to my interview so I did not feel that I was not prepared for any questions that they asked me.   Answer Question