ReachLocal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Facebook Marketing Expert Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ReachLocal (Plano, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Application:
    I heard about ReachLocal from a current employee and sent my resume to a recruiter as well as applied online through their website.

Interview
    The interview process was very quick, which I appreciated. I had a phone interview with a recruiter on a Monday and a in-person interview the same week. I spoke with two people, both very knowledgeable and passionate.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions I was asked were about my work experience, work ethic, conflict management, etc..   Answer Question

Marketing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ReachLocal (Dallas, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I only had two steps for my interview experience: phone call screening and in-person interview.
    I felt my experience throughout the process dealing with ReachLocal would be extremely helpful for anyone in the process/considering work with the company.

My first exchange with ReachLocal was via an email from a LinkedIn application. The HR/Internal Recruiter wanted to schedule a phone call screening. From the just the email communications alone, the warning signs were clear. Grammatical errors and careless email etiquette were common throughout the entire experience.
    The individual I spoke with was a nice person but really didn't make attempts to go in depth with the screening. They used buzzwords, didn't seem to have much of a grasp on the position, and spoke to me in awkward approach - almost like this was my first job potentially. This conversation lasted for 6-8 minutes.

This is where I internally knew this company has some issues to address. If someone has multiple years of work experience and a Master's Degree then I'm certain they would be annoyed by things like: "make sure to check out our LinkedIn! Don't be nervous in the interview!" From my perspective, If I'm being told these type of things, then I really don't think the person took the time to actually review a resume.
    So, after a few more awkward and misspelled emails I was scheduled to meet in office to meet with one of the company's senior-level employees.

This was an exceptionally bad experience and negative perspective on dealing with this company.
    The interviewer had been with the company over 5 years, someone who one would really presume to be seasoned in this step of the process for any possible candidate.
    Throughout the interview process, when asked questions and responding, the individual would blatantly be looking at their phone constantly. It wasn't one of those little-prepared scenarios from the potential job candidate - it was more of a lack of self-awareness and shouldn't be representing the company in these situations.

At very few moments did I find the interviewer to take a real sense of professionalism. I asked many questions about the job, cultural elements, things the interviewer enjoyed the company, and some questions directly about their most satisfying aspects of working there.
    The interviewer used buzzwords, a lot of empty sentences and hollow examples. One, in particular, was when the individual talked about how they guided the worst person they ever interviewed into a management level employee.

So, when someone of my experience hears that, then you instantly presume "if this company ghosts me am I worse then that hypothetical person?"

Afterward, I was taken on a tour of the office. It was essentially a big call center environment, a kitchen, some meeting rooms, and most importantly a sense that whatever my interviewer was texting about was far more important than actually considering a candidate for employment. Oddly, the interviewer told me the company would follow up with me regarding next steps.

At that point, I knew this place was not for me. But, I was curious about their professionalism as a company and if they would actually follow up. Just as I assumed, no follow up correspondence. Nothing at all, straight up ghosting.

Honestly, never having to deal with this company again is one of the easiest choices I'll ever make. Also, for the future maybe send out a memo about excessive texting during interviews. I would expect that behavior for a high school summer job, but for a career commitment opportunity?? I can't stress how badly this reflected on the company.

Interview Questions

• *awkward pauses, interviewer texting on their phone that is sitting between their legs*
      "Tell me about yourself"
      *Interviewer continues to text, casually looks up and continues to show some impressive professional qualities!!*   1 Answer

Software Services Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ReachLocal (Plano, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume and scheduled an interview within the week. Interviewers were extremely professional and easy to get along with. The process was more a conversation than a formal interview which is always nice.

Background takes a few days and after that you're given a start date. Great company!

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ReachLocal (Woodland Hills, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Quick phone screen then in-person panel interview with 3 tech leads. Questions were very specific, stuff that could be looked up. I didn't think the technical questions were very insightful and only scratched the surface. No response or follow up after interview, emailed a week later again no response. Disappointing to waste 4 hours and not even get a bare minimum response.

Interview Questions

• Database modelling for a parking lot, some generic type erasure stuff, spring scopes, cyclomatic complexity. Designing interface for a arm to pour water between cups. How to get 3oz in a cup using only a 4oz and 5oz cup or similar.   Answer Question

Global Purchasing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ReachLocal (Woodland Hills, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very smooth. HR was very helpful in setting up the interviews and making sure I knew all the details of getting to the Woodland Hills office. Once at Reach Local I met with 3 people from the hiring team. Each person I interviewed with was friendly, professional and asked really great questions!

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were regarding my background in purchasing and about my work style.   Answer Question

Dmc Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodland, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ReachLocal (Woodland, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Met with Area Manager and RSM. Spoke about strategy and tactics. We spoke about compensation and commission structure. Expectations. Very informal interview yet high level. We asked each other questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your existing book of business. What is yor strategy to succeed.   Answer Question

Junior Java Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ReachLocal (Woodland Hills, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Was interviewed by the 2 leads of the team for the position I was applying for. Both of them were extremely friendly and very nice and made the entire process very comfortable. Questions included design problems (ie design a traffic light) logic problems, and Java knowledge based questions. Didn't touch on my resume too much and pretty much jumped right in with the Java questions.

Java Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ReachLocal (Woodland Hills, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

The initial in-person interview setup from the recruiter happened within a week. I was first interviewed by 2 lead developers. This involved questions regarding database development, SQL, Object-Oriented questions, Java Collections, and general Java questions. It was so long since my last interview I forgot about the technical portion that some companies do. Luckily, I retained some of my knowledge and skills and was able to get buy. The questions were not difficult for someone who is currently doing some form of software development.

Manager, Communications Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ReachLocal in September 2015.

Interview

Basic screener interview with recruiter. Company is looking for someone with 7-8 years of experience to fill a new role that is strictly individual contributor, reporting to a VP. They are not looking for candidates with previous supervisory experience.

Interview Questions

• Basic screener question. Asked to describe previous experience in narrative form.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ReachLocal (Plano, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

My interview process was solid! A recruiter reached out to me via Linkedln. I responded to her message and we set up an informational interview. I was still interested in the company and was moved on to the next phase of the interview- a phone interview with the hiring manager. Our conversation was great and from there I was called back for a formal interview. In this phase I interviewed with 6 people. Everyone was nice and easy to talk to. The interview seemed to go well and about a week later I had a skype interview with an executive. We had a really great conversation and he asked really good questions. The next day I was given an offer, and I accepted!